POST GAME Round 24 - Broncos vs Dragons

The Nikorima no try, I don't think that was a no try.

Cecchin ruled knock on. Now it must have been Blair because Kodi looked like he hanged on to it, but Blair passed the ball and with the side on view, it didn't appear to leave the hands forward.

The Nikorima no try, I don't think that was a no try.

Cecchin ruled knock on. Now it must have been Blair because Kodi looked like he hanged on to it, but Blair passed the ball and with the side on view, it didn't appear to leave the hands forward.
My initial reaction at the ground was knock on/forward pass, but on viewing the replay I thought it was line ball.

Live I thought Oates`s heel went very close to touch a cpl of strides before he launched into the air . About the time Tariq Sims arrived .
She did the right thing . If she thought try, she would stand behind the try line . She stayed on the touch line asked for it to be referred . And pointed to the sideline .

Live I thought Oates`s heel went very close to touch a cpl of strides before he launched into the air . About the time Tariq Sims arrived .
She did the right thing . If she thought try, she would stand behind the try line . She stayed on the touch line asked for it to be referred . And pointed to the sideline .
This.

Also, unlike us, she doesn't have the ability to watch the replay 50 times with still shots and super slow mo

This.

Also, unlike us, she doesn't have the ability to watch the replay 50 times with still shots and super slow mo

They are trained for situations such as that.

She had a clear view and she was looking directly at it. Even in real speed, for a trained eye it's quite simple to spot which is why many of her colleagues are able to see whether a players foot is in or out even when they have a worse view.

Earlier in the game when Oates was very close to the sideline, she was able to see his foot remaining in despite the attention of Kurt Mann being there trying to force him out.

Because she's a girl?

No because there's a half a dozen other bullshit calls from that night we could be discussing. You and Brent81 are the only ones who have mentioned her gender.

No because there's a half a dozen other bullshit calls from that night we could be discussing. You and Brent81 are the only ones who have mentioned her gender.
Yep, the original post that brought the decision up implied she only had her job because of a gender quota. That post is why we're talking about this decision, and not the other half dozen. Hence my post.

Yep, the original post that brought the decision up implied she only had her job because of a gender quota. That post is why we're talking about this decision, and not the other half dozen. Hence my post.

Yeah that's my bad. This time Sat night you should just assume I'm tanked.

Of all the ruck things to worry about, a decision they got right? They were pretty lenient on st george's offside and I thought the commentary was looking for an agenda to throw some rubbish at the broncos.
Sure some of the offloads were speckies, and the forward metres a lot less, but they played a pack of quality. I think the generous offloads was a deliberate ploy to wear down st George. It came with mixed results as this skill level of those doing it was high, but the lack of forward momentum, meant the ruck was often crowded. Thankfully the skills of the halves made the difference. Both ours, but also theirs (lack of).
A bit more go forward metres from the front row is needed for the coming games but I won't be too critical if they continue to take risks as with essentially 3 halves on the field, they are one team with the skill to try early kicks and offloads, providing others back their kicks and they support the forwards. They will make mistakes, and it will cost us, but it is also how they have become the leading points scorers in NRL. Something the likes of Gould with his agendas tends to gloss over.

Earlier in the season I wanted Milf and Hunt in the halves and Knick as bench utility / lock .
So many attacking options . Was shot down ...

Once Macca was injured Wayne knew what to do .
Obi Wayne is a lot smarter than me . He saw the potential and reshuffled the deck .

Earlier in the season I wanted Milf and Hunt in the halves and Knick as bench utility / lock .
So many attacking options . Was shot down ...

Once Macca was injured Wayne knew what to do .
Obi Wayne is a lot smarter than me . He saw the potential and reshuffled the deck .
I was listening to Hunt on Triple M yesterday. He said that when Macca went down he actually went to Wayne and said that he could do the hooking role. To be fair, he also said Wayne was probably thinking the same thing anyway.

Don't know why the gender of the touchie is a big deal. For all we know she could identify as a 44 year old bloke.

Of all the ruck things to worry about, a decision they got right? They were pretty lenient on st george's offside and I thought the commentary was looking for an agenda to throw some rubbish at the broncos.
Sure some of the offloads were speckies, and the forward metres a lot less, but they played a pack of quality. I think the generous offloads was a deliberate ploy to wear down st George. It came with mixed results as this skill level of those doing it was high, but the lack of forward momentum, meant the ruck was often crowded. Thankfully the skills of the halves made the difference. Both ours, but also theirs (lack of).
A bit more go forward metres from the front row is needed for the coming games but I won't be too critical if they continue to take risks as with essentially 3 halves on the field, they are one team with the skill to try early kicks and offloads, providing others back their kicks and they support the forwards. They will make mistakes, and it will cost us, but it is also how they have become the leading points scorers in NRL. Something the likes of Gould with his agendas tends to gloss over.
Someone already mentioned it, but we have 2 tanks and a fearless Kahu in the backline taking Hit-ups to start our sets. Check out their numbers and you'll understand why we didn't make too many forward meters.
Also when a forward passes or offloads the ball, which happened a lot (especially Blair, Gillett, Glenn and even Moose, see table below of Possessions vs Runs), their run doesn't count for stats purpose apparently...
Only player well below par for us was Sims.

Capture

Someone already mentioned it, but we have 2 tanks and a fearless Kahu in the backline taking Hit-ups to start our sets. Check out their numbers and you'll understand why we didn't make too many forward meters.
Also when a forward passes or offloads the ball, which happened a lot (especially Blair, Gillett, Glenn and even Moose, see table below of Possessions vs Runs), their run doesn't count for stats purpose apparently...
Only player well below par for us was Sims.

View attachment 1723
Not so much worried about metres per sae but more the bending or breaking of the defensive line. A little more of that and they'd just about be unstoppable. A defense going backwards from a broken or bent line leaves time for ball play and holes as some players rush up and hang back. Its much better to offload in those circumstances than with a set line ala st George (what Gould and Lockyer were going on about). BUT its better to offload successfully with a set line than NOT at all. That's how our attack was stifled earlier in the year, with no go forward and a defence set against us, knowing our forwards would die with the ball in tackles, our poor halves having little more than a cut out pass and some fancy footwork to work with.
Our young forwards have now developed the skill to a point where we can use them this way, we'd be crazy to stifle them in the hope their enthusiasm will allow them to beat stronger packs with heavier, stronger forwards well suited to winning arm wrestles, in the case of Melbourne literally.

Unread

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.