Round 24 - Broncos Vs Storm - Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to be too negative, but maybe we just aren't that good without Lockyer, and it's finally starting to catch up with us.

For me it's lack of confidence

IMO thats what i think too. that opening stanza when things were fresh and siked we were looking good, as soon as things dont really go our way or an error, we kinda go into our shells and wait for someone to do something, which we all know Lockyer wouldve been there to do something.
we just need to back ourselves more and support the ball carrier :)

I still think tiredness/fitness played a role in decision making and communication on Sunday. I guess so does confidence, especially in D.

Read this on LU

Did anyone watch 7 news tonight? They interviewed Cam Smith and he said that the Storm was preparing to play against Hoffman at Fullback, Norman at 6, Hunt at 7.

Not even Cam Smith rates Wallace haha.

IMO thats what i think too. that opening stanza when things were fresh and siked we were looking good, as soon as things dont really go our way or an error, we kinda go into our shells and wait for someone to do something, which we all know Lockyer wouldve been there to do something.
we just need to back ourselves more and support the ball carrier :)

I agree, and with what Alec posted above. But I guess we all knew that would be a big issue, which is why I for one, was hoping Wallace and Thaiday would keep the fire burning, and ensure the structure and shape stayed in place - which is exactly what Locky did.

And if Ghibli is right about the fitness of the players, then that's a worry. Amongst other things it could mean we peaked way too early, and/or worse, the team has been either under or over trained.

i think we're just a bit short on the bench at the moment. dodds and lui arent really stepping up as solid bench players to keep the intensity going after the first stanza. it will certainly help getting parker back this week. hopefully glenn isnt far off, mcguire as well.

at full strength the forward pack would be able to maintain dominance for 80 mins. we havent really had a full strength pack for a while (and i mean fully fit, full strength. post origin period was clearly a tired period for some of our origin guys, and mcguire i think was showing signs of bein a little worn out from the extra work).

also RE mcguire thers an article on sportal today where griffin says he's 95% confident that mcguire will resume training next week and be right to play against manly.

Everywhere I look commentators have the Broncos to upset Melbourne which has me worried. I'd much prefer to go into this game deadset outsiders...

Yes .....you are contradicting your earlier views

"Way to completely undermine any sense of credibility about anything you say from now on."

\QUOTE]

I said that, not because you contradicted yourself, but because you said the Broncos should buy Dale Cherry Evans or Thurston

And besides, things have changed since I posted that 4 weeks ago.

Last edited:
Broncs by 8 and our resurgence will be underway.

Broncs by 8 and our resurgence will be underway.

I hope so. I'm using all my usual karma tricks: drive to the game so I can't drink to celebrate, tipping the Storm, betting against the Broncos.

Would love to see us pull this one out of the hat, against the Storm of all clubs. Gonna need more than an ambush though.

40,000+ tickets sold.

Either NRL Stats. made a mistake or Alex Glenn is a chance to play tonight.

EDIT: Official Broncos Twitter was quick to quash it.

Last edited:

Last edited by a moderator:
Either NRL Stats. made a mistake or Alex Glenn is a chance to play tonight.

EDIT: Official Broncos Twitter was quick to quash it.

I'm going to go with the Alex Glenn is a chance to play tonight because it's a nice thought.

Glenn and Parker back in the team, Gillett straight to bench, I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• HarryAllan7
  • kiwibronco
  • Fozz
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.