Round 24 - Broncos vs Storm - Post Match Discussion

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Beads is just angry, I blame it on his diet.

OK, he has gotten worse since being on the diet.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
So who comes in for Hoffman next week, Copley or Maranta.

Hoffman just has to go. We also need McGuire and Glenn back ASAP.

Doubt Copley will be back. They won't rush him with Hoffman and Maranta as cover.

B

BRC088

QCup Player
Feb 7, 2012
I don't get benefit of the doubt, wouldn't stand in a court room.

Anyways, yeah, gutted...

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Despite the bullshit try I thought that was a great result for us. Not in terms of the scoreboard but the things we were doing in attack had lots of movements. Wrapping behind forwards, Hannant passing at the line, the kind of static attack we've had in the past month seems to be gone and Hodges seems to be finding his mojo again. Norman looks good out of fullback too, at least in our red zone. He laid the ball on for Teo to score his first and even though it was a simple pass to Hodges for that first try I'm still convinced Hoffman would have ran in the same situation.

And on the brightside, I think our premiership odds are about to hit $30. On tonight's performance I'll happily take that.

And Pete, you really should watch what you say about people's positional ability. Reed was quick to prove you wrong and Norman's going to do the same very soon. In fact, do it more. It'll help them get there faster!

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
It's weird because usually if anything we tend to come out better in the second half.

Just been these past three weeks where it hasn't happened. I put it down to us being in a slump.

Capewell was a waste out there, in fairness not his fault because he simply isn't much of a utility but still.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Capewell is a useless pick. If Griffin insists on a utility (which he shouldn't) then Baptise should get the spot.
If Glenn is back then he can have all of Thaiday's minutes.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
So who comes in for Hoffman next week

So far we are trying to get rid of, Hoffman, Wallace, Beale, Norman, Hunt, Capewell (few weeks ago it was Petero)

What players did I miss. hehehe

Last edited:
Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
We need someone other than Hook there to make interchanges. Thaiday, Civo and Hannant all on the bench for their first 2 tries. It's when we lost all momentum and just never recovered.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
So far we are trying to get rid of, Hoffman, Wallace, Beale, Norman, Hunt, Capewell (few weeks ago it was Petero)

What players did I miss. hehehe

Hahahah. I will be happy with just Capewell and Hoffman gone.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Harragon was dropping refs at the start of the season for decisions like that (and last weeks shocking calls)... but obviously that has changed.

the refs briefing sheet must read something like:

1. Screw the Broncos however you can

Hodges was great tonight, so was Te'o. i think he will be a massive loss to us. ATM, if i had to choose between keeping Te'o and Gillett, i would choose to keep Te'o.

once our bench comes on we lose the dominance we had... something needs to be done about that.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Ari Gold said:
Reed was quick to prove you wrong

Not really, I always said it'd be a concern in the future.

Which it has been this year, been a few times where players have easily gotten on the outside of him, happened again tonight.

Norman didn't serve me anything other than a solid performance. He still had some issues out there so I don't know what you're crowing about. Find your posts hilarious, your teeny bopper insults are chuckle inducing. Talk about the game, not the posters.

gUt

gUt

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Broncos fvcked by the refereeing again.

Of concern is why we looked completely out of breath 4 minutes after half time?

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Did Harrigan really say 5 decisions went against us last week?

Were Archer and Badger dropped?

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Not really, I always said it'd be a concern in the future.

Which it has been this year, been a few times where players have easily gotten on the outside of him, happened again tonight.

Norman didn't serve me anything other than a solid performance. He still had some issues out there so I don't know what you're crowing about. Find your posts hilarious, your teeny bopper insults are chuckle inducing. Talk about the game, not the posters.

Edited.

Active Now

• Dash
  • marw
  • Rambstien
  • Alec
  • davidp
  • Aldo
  • Fozz
  • Mr Fourex
  • Foordy
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Santa
  • broncsgoat
  • Scorchie
  • sooticus
  • broncos4life
  • broncs30
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Skathen
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.