Round 24 - Broncos vs Storm - Post Match Discussion

Either way, it was the right call by Hook to bring him back. I can't fit enough greater than signs on the page to show the difference between them. Hoffman > Maranta.

no, it's not just you ... and whilst ever we've got block-heads in complete pig-headed denial about the ability of this current playing group, we'll just continue to recruit the fish john west reject and we'll continue to flounder on the field ..

Quality cut and paste work from you. I wasn't aware that the Broncos do a lot of recruiting of players that other clubs have rejected. Capewell is the only one I can recall. Also do you really expect the club to come out and say yep we are ****ed we are going to recruit every player we can because we have no faith in the players in our squad? Get a grip FFS.

No point in dropping Hoffman after one game on the wing. He'll learn. If he's not up to it, then he and Reed can swap in defence.

I'd also like to see Hoffman take more kick returns. Norman doesn't really offer as much as Hoff does in that aspect of the game. If Hoffman could drop back towards the middle and Norman onto the wing on the 4th or 5th tackle then we'd have more punch.

Is it just me or for the last 3-4 years we have been making really poor recruiting and retention decisions??

It's not just you.

Broncos have to bite the bullet & get rid of ex players working at the club.

Recruit other recuiters from outside of the club.

man.. now thats just hard to take. while it wasnt an 80 minute performance i think we deserved to win. we scored 3 nice tries verse 2 lucky tries and a blantant no try.

thoughts:
-i have no idea why petero, hannant, and thaiday were all off the field at the same time at the start of the second half.

-attack is looking better. we still lack the confidence to throw that extra pass when theres an overlap. im starting to think its all confidence. they dont seem to have confidence in each other when theres a little bit of adlib. when we ran our plays we looked really good. norman running out and around off the back of hunt looks great.

-kicking game was bad in the second half specifically.

-thaiday, or someone needs to stand up and lift the team. we need a leader out there. 60 mins gone and we look lost.

just so disappointing.

Either way, it was the right call by Hook to bring him back. I can't fit enough greater than signs on the page to show the difference between them. Hoffman > Maranta.

Bit harsh on Maranta really. He was one of our best during a very lean patch.

With that said, definitely some hindsight heroes springing up laying into Hoffman here.

and ffs could we get some urgency in our play the balls. you cant put the defense on the back foot if you take 30 seconds to get up and play the friggin thing. granted storm are the king of the wrestle but i thought we were just getting slack at times. thats where we need a leader to get in there and get the team pumping again.

on the whole far better effort.

only 16 missed tackles. and we lost the game. as i said, hard loss to take.

I just hope that from here on out, Norman doesn't let us down and delivers at fullback. It'll make our next season look so much more promising, having another ball player in the side. If we had our full pack and spent more time in the opposition half, we would have definitely put on more tries.

Talk about the game, not the posters.

I just wish you would follow your own advice sometimes. But from my observations both on here and LU you own the rolled gold opinion on most topics.

At least this game continues the improved form, and yes, the loss is so hard to take because of the refs.

Next week it's time, and our turn, to win

A good win against Manly, a flogging against Penrith and we'll be into the finals in fine form.

Am I dreaming? Maybe but it's a nice thought.

At least this game continues the improved form, and yes, the loss is so hard to take because of the refs.

Next week it's time, and our turn, to win

if you want to look at the bright side it would be much better for our season to cop this loss and then beat manly at brooky, than to have won tonight and lost next week.

while there is life there is hope... :/

I think we missed McGuire big time last night. If we had him it would have made a big difference. Dodds has improved but I can't see him being much more than a depth prop TBH. Gibbs really needs to be picked over Lui as well. Real shame J. Wallace got injured because I think he is going to be a ripper for us.

i have to say while that loss really hurt i feel far better about the way we have played for a long time.

16 missed tackles. not bad eh.

in truth, storm didnt really give us many opportunities. we did well to construct our tries. just that little period of the game that let us down :(

A good win against Manly, a flogging against Penrith and we'll be into the finals in fine form.

Am I dreaming? Maybe but it's a nice thought.

It really is a possibility. Don't get me wrong we will need to be on to beat Manly but surely the players have got plenty of confidence up after their last 2 performances. We matched it with 2 premiership heavyweights.

Bit harsh on Maranta really. He was one of our best during a very lean patch.

With that said, definitely some hindsight heroes springing up laying into Hoffman here.

Agreed, he was great. However I think it was a proactive move from Griffin. Maranta doesn't need a long run of high pressure first grade matches at this stage of his development. Hoffman (if fit) is one of our best, and in our starting 13 somewhere.

if you want to look at the bright side it would be much better for our season to cop this loss and then beat manly at brooky, than to have won tonight and lost next week.

while there is life there is hope... :/

Would look even better to win both :P

Manly would be hard to beat even if we were in good form. They're a pretty strong team. I'd be happy with something close to 80 minute performance.

Active Now

• The Strapper
  • Bucking Beads
  • Wolfie
  • Gaz
  • Big Del
  • Behold
  • Maddy
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Jazza
  • Culhwch
  • Mister Wright
  • Dazza 92
  • davidp
  • Hurrijo
  • FACTHUNT
  • LGH
  • broncsgoat
  • mrslong
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.