Round 24 - Broncos vs Storm - Post Match Discussion

we just REALLY need to beat manly now for the team confidence. if we can't beat any of these top teams going into the finals i dont think we'll believe in ourselves enough to do it come finals time.

i wish the bounce of the ball would just go our way for a change..

Thought Ben hunt was great tonight

He had a few blunders but he is creative and looks threatening most of the time. Doing well considering he hasn't really been playing in the halves for 2 years and only been getting 30mins a game. I think he could be really good in the 6 or 7 next year if given the chance to make the spot his own.

I just wish you would follow your own advice sometimes. But from my observations both on here and LU you own the rolled gold opinion on most topics.

Will probably we called brown nosing, but to me Big Pete is trying to be balanced in his assessments of our games.

Most of us here, me included only talk about what went wrong against us, we don't seem to see the mistakes that happen to other teams. Well we see it, we just ignore it.

Can you just imagine if we had that playmaker with the class of Smith, Thurston or Lockyer? The effort was there but we just dont have the class.

Will probably we called brown nosing, but to me Big Pete is trying to be balanced in his assessments of our games.

Most of us here, me included only talk about what went wrong against us, we don't seem to see the mistakes that happen to other teams. Well we see it, we just ignore it.

Not in this instance Kaz, he was belittling another opinion that had been expressed. But I will return to lurking and not posting.

I just wish you would follow your own advice sometimes. But from my observations both on here and LU you own the rolled gold opinion on most topics.

I do, I only retaliate when I have to.

Do I now? That's funny, it's usually my opinions that are belittled when others disagree and not vice versa. I'm open to others opinions and plenty of posters can attest to this.

---------------------------------------------------
That's the way I saw it too m1c. Shame Hoffy wasn't on his game tonight though.

EDIT - lynx if you have a problem with me, then why not take it to PM? This is the Broncos vs. Storm thread, not bitch about posters I don't like thread. Who's opinion did I belittle?

10 points to Pete for not going straight to the ban hammer or something.

Not in this instance Kaz, he was belittling another opinion that had been expressed. But I will return to lurking and not posting.

Keep posting.

It's give & take, Beads etc does the same thing. (it's a male thing, to see who is top dog) hehe

I get told I am negitive, yet some posters are negitive all the time about certain players.

Those coming back from the game, who was the on-field MotM?

Quality cut and paste work from you. I wasn't aware that the Broncos do a lot of recruiting of players that other clubs have rejected. Capewell is the only one I can recall. Also do you really expect the club to come out and say yep we are ****ed we are going to recruit every player we can because we have no faith in the players in our squad? Get a grip FFS.

does it ever get difficult being as awesome as you are ...?

10 mins of research will tell you all you need to know ..

dick head

Last edited:
So like I said, everything Hunt and Norman can do when they combine which is meant to be the most beautiful thing in the game they can do with Norman at fb.

1. Norm
6. Hunt
7. Wal

That's our ticket right there, none of this Norman in the halves and Hoff at fb.

i agree. it seemed to happen tonight that hunt ran more of the attack once we got down that end.

we just need to look at more structured play/options when we are in the middle of the park to try get the roll forward going. too many players standing around ball watching at times. we need to make the defense work a little harder than just giving them one out runs or two passes right then run straight into the D

we are getting there. i guess next week is officially "finals footy" for us. it would be nice if manly blow the knights away this weekend and come into the game a little complacent.

Pretty happy with the game despite the result. Our bench being on the field (and a terrible try decision) ****ed our momentum and we were struggling to make 30 meters off our own line while the Storm were making 60. Some pretty average kicking, but really, when you're kicking from in your own 40 on the 5th, it's a 99% chance you're going to kick it down the throat of a wing or fullback. I like some things Hunt is doing out there, but I'd like him to get more involved. His kicking game is still pretty suspect.

Capewell has no place in the team and Dodds and Lui can't be on the field together. Te'o was running some absolutely lovely lines tonight and props to Hunt for getting the ball to him, it's all he had to do and it worked. Compare that to Gillett... Real problem there.

I can't understand why we don't send more big traffic to the oppositions play makers. Wallace was tackling props and second rowers all night. Cronk should have had the same treatment.

Overall, better, McGuire & Glenn back, Baptiste in for Capewell (that experiment is over Hook) and hpoefully those second half slumps will not be so severe. We had no attacking plays in the second half because we couldn't get within their 40 before the 5th tackle. When our guns go off, it really shows.

Hoffman... I don't know what to do there...

I don't really know how to sum up my feelings about that game and result... it's weird.

First 35 minutes was ace, had a decision go against us and then it seemed like a carbon copy of last week - except we came back into it in the final 10 or 15 minutes.

Thought Te'o and Hodges were outstanding, wish everyone showed the same hunger to win as those two.

Hunt did really well too - seemed to be our only half at times as I felt that Wallace was MIA again.

Liked the look of Norman chiming in on the play-making from the back.

I really can't fault the overall effort, but geez we let ourselves down sometimes. Two examples - in the first half, Macca kicks it out on the full, Storm build momentum and score their dodgy try, and then in the second half, we put a bomb down into Waqa's corner, tried to rush him, he passed and then Hunt missed a tackle on someone, and they raced 50m down the field, putting themselves into a brilliant position. It's just too many instances like that, that really kill us IMO.

The shit decision to give Waqa the try was a result from a Cronk foward pass which wasn't pulled up. **** the refs were shit tonight...but they shouldn't be blamed. We should have scored 30+ and put the game beyond doubt.

Unread

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.