Round 24 Discussion

I'd agree except, the Cowboys dont deserve to be their yet (In the top 4). They need more wins in NSW until I can consider them worthy. Manly in my opinion are currently the form team of the comp. Melbourne aren't back to their best yet and Canterbury are on the edge of recieving a loss.

Hmm. Souths are in abit of a pinch. I'd like to hear Twizie's opinion on the game.

I am really hoping that this is just Maguire changing the game plan to suit finals footy and get the noobies (to finals footy) settling the nerves and losing any big heads and then finally he will light that fire cracker in the finals to give it a shake.

The kick off showed how we turned up. Dave Taylor leaves the ball for EVO to just have his foot on the sideline and we get a great first attacking run from the 50. The downfall or failure to start, started from there.

We were very much in the match but we didn't have a great deal of possession in the Sharks half of the field. Sharks won a fair few 50/50 calls and also won a few WTF?? ones as well. However after the refs performance so fair this week, I wasn't surprised. Archer is a terrible ref, yet it isn't the reason we lost.

I am interested to see more of what I believe to be a headbutt from Paul Gallen into Luke/Sam Burgess just before we get penalised for stripping it off him in the 2nd half.

I thought the forward battle was pretty even in attack but the Sharks defence was better. Sutto has dropped off any organisation and control like he had been and is not running into the line as he had been.

Reynolds has been getting very kick happy and just hoping for the best.

David Taylor has dropped off and making basic mistakes and he is not getting good ball.

Inglis was ok on return but was handled pretty well so was never really able to make an impact from the back.

I think we need to bite the bullet and drop King, he just keeps getting stood up every week and hasn't offered anything in attack. I would rather Evo moved in to centre and bring Justin Hunt onto the wing.

Other then that, IMO it was played like a finals type football game and we didn't take our chances when we had them and the Sharks did. The field goal with 15 minutes to go is a huge reminder of last years Souths mindset. As I said I really hope this is just a big game builder from Maguire and the guys will find that next level in the finals.

If I were a Souths fan I'd be most disappointed with Luke not playing 80mins. IMO the best attacking hooker in the game, and that includes Cam Smith. I know Peats has been good, but he shouldn't play at the expense of Luke. That's totally stupid IMO.

I think we need to bite the bullet and drop King, he just keeps getting stood up every week and hasn't offered anything in attack. I would rather Evo moved in to centre and bring Justin Hunt onto the wing.
I agree with you about your centres. Last week Lyon and Whare had a field day and you mentioned that was a big problem, that in my opinion is where Many won the game. Definitely the centres are your biggest weakness. Everingham for mine is better on the wing then in centre so I dont think it would be an improvement over King, however this is my opinion.

Be interesting to see what happens to Minichiello. He clearly had some intent after making to leaping attempts to tackle a guy the same height as him (or near enough) it wasn't like Burns vs Kennedy. He got him flush with his forearm and split his eyebrow right open, I hope they don't go light on him because he is an elder statesman with a good record. Should be a minimum 4 weeks IMO.

From the sounds of it, identical to Travis Burns' hit on Kennedy.

From the sounds of it, identical to Travis Burns' hit on Kennedy.

Not really. Minichello was behind him and come running in and jumped like a spazz.

It is pretty much the case law example of reckless

Reckless for sure.... i can't believe he intentionally tried to hit Dugan in the head with his forearm.

And from what I remember he basically recklessly jumped at him twice. Deserves a heavy punishment.

If I were a Souths fan I'd be most disappointed with Luke not playing 80mins. IMO the best attacking hooker in the game, and that includes Cam Smith. I know Peats has been good, but he shouldn't play at the expense of Luke. That's totally stupid IMO.
Yep, I love Peats and think he is a future Captain this club but I would rather he take the bench spot and rotate with Crocker and drop Lowe then take time of Luke. Lowe has had a real hard time getting back to his form that lead him up to get a Qld call up after that really bad ankle injury.

I agree with you about your centres. Last week Lyon and Whare had a field day and you mentioned that was a big problem, that in my opinion is where Many won the game. Definitely the centres are your biggest weakness. Everingham for mine is better on the wing then in centre so I dont think it would be an improvement over King, however this is my opinion.

Yeah our centres don't offer as much as some teams do. They seem so much slower than others. When King was out and Evo stood up I felt he did a better job at containing players in defense and ran harder in attack and made less mistakes. Plus it lets Hunt get on the field as he also has speed to burn.

I think the Mini should get somewhere in the ball park of Prior and Burns as they were deliberate attacks of the head.

Looks like the Panthers have won against the Warriors in the dying minutes!

Can't believe how poor the Warriors have been this season - especially when you look at their squad. It's almost unexplainable. Is McClennan under any pressure?

McClennan is gone. Warriors have gone backwards this year.

Was a shocking match, think Panther's completion rate in the second half was less than 50% for the majority of the second half, yet somehow came up with 12 points.

Warriors defence is just paper thin and there is absolutely no completion.

Wallace cops it big time on here, but I'd have him everyday of the week over Maloney.

I have seen everything now.

Titans ran on the field after half time, with only 12 players.

Harrison ran on after kick off

Nate Myles is an absolute machine. 50 minutes in and he's made 19 runs for 152 metres.

Active Now

• DrGee
  • Wolfie
  • Behold
  • Bish
  • Broncosgirl
  • Brocko
  • marw
  • Financeguy
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Aldo
  • TimWhatley
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • kman
  • Nerd
  • Harry Sack
  • Fozz
  • lynx000
  • FACTHUNT
  • Robboi_321
... and 50 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.