Round 24 Discussion

Not the result we wanted, but big question marks over the Roosters all of a sudden

Anyone else watching 9 just then? I may have misheard but am pretty sure Sterlo said something along the lines of - I've always had Brisbane as the team most likely to challenge the Storm for the title this year..... Didn't he have us missing the 8?
Wasn't watching but here he is in February
RUGBY league legend Peter Sterling believes NRL heavyweights Brisbane and Canterbury will miss the finals together for just the second time in 25 years.
Usually two of the most consistently performing teams, only the 1991 and 2010 playoffs have been devoid of both clubs since Brisbane’s introduction into the competition in 1988.
But Sterling hasn’t been won over by how either squad is shaping up heading into the 2017 season.
The Broncos have been dealt with one of the toughest starts to the season, facing each of last year’s top four in the opening month.
a6840eb8ec527e2fa6da47552536efa3

Peter Sterling doubts the Broncos and Bulldogs will make the top eight.
“I think they’ll be giving a head start,” Sterling told Triple M. “I don’t think they’ll make the eight this year.” With a number of departures over the off-season, Sterling believes the only way they will fire is if halves Anthony Milford and Ben Hunt are at their absolute best.
“I think that Corey Parker will be a big loss,” Sterling said. “That will see them rely on a lot of young forwards coming through - Pangai Junior, Jai Arrow - these kinds of players like Herman Ese’ese.”
NRL PREDICTED ROUND 1 TEAMS
Conversely, the Bulldogs haven’t missed the finals since Des Hasler arrived at the club in 2012, but Sterling is becoming weary of a stale attack. Canterbury were knocked out by Penrith in the opening week of last year’s finals series when they finished the season with four losses.
“I don’t think they’ll be playing finals football for the first time under Des Hasler,” Sterling said.
“I just think their style of play hasn’t improved in the last couple of years well enough to stay with some of the sides that have improved their style of play.
“I still think there’s a question mark in the combination between (Moses) Mbye and Josh Reynolds in the halves.”
Meanwhile, Sterling labelled Penrith as his favourites for the minor premiership while suggesting last year’s champions, Cronulla, could be left fighting for a spot at the bottom of the eight.

Sterlo has been steadily losing it over the last few years, it's sad in a lot of ways.

Cant take a trick atm. Sharks could have brought the brisbane form. Good on graham for taking out Morgan.... deadset

Cant take a trick atm. Sharks could have brought the brisbane form. Good on graham for taking out Morgan.... deadset
At this rate, your mob will be struggling to put a team on the park next week.

What a disgraceful decision! Maloney touched the ball, so he's fair game to be tackled. The incompetence of refereeing never ceases to amaze.

Taumololo hurt too. Hope we play the Mackay Cutters in rd 26

What a disgraceful decision! Maloney touched the ball, so he's fair game to be tackled. The incompetence of refereeing never ceases to amaze.

I've been flicking over to the Bledisloe cup. The difference in officiating is AMAZING! In Union the ref has complete control of the game. If he calls a player over for a word they listen to him , nod, and say "yes sir". He calls it as he sees it and as I see it and every one of the blokes playing respects him and every decision he makes.

This. 100%. As soon as he plays at the ball he can be tackled. If he was running through for a pass and hadn't touched it yet it would be a penalty but the refs totally got this one wrong. Honestly, that was a stupid decision and really should have been reversed.

It's a shame because Sutton came up with a great on Hampton, but that Maloney penalty was rubbish. Add it to the list of 2017 referee howlers.

Speaking of howlers, add Taumalolo to the list of HIA exploits. What a farce, if the Cowboys don't receive a please explain, every team is going to make a farce out of it.

I've been flicking over to the Bledisloe cup. The difference in officiating is AMAZING! In Union the ref has complete control of the game. If he calls a player over for a word they listen to him , nod, and say "yes sir". He calls it as he sees it and as I see it and every one of the blokes playing respects him and every decision he makes.
Me too. That Ref is so good. He is polite but takes no shit. He explains things perfectly and correctly too. Actually knows the rules.

Also, 40-6 at halftime for Australia is abysmal.

I like to think it's because the players (and everyone else) have no idea what the rules are, so It's impossible to argue.

Hess has a bit of toe for a big fella!

Cant be any more proud. Being reamed on all counts and refuse to let a try in

This. 100%. As soon as he plays at the ball he can be tackled. If he was running through for a pass and hadn't touched it yet it would be a penalty but the refs totally got this one wrong. Honestly, that was a stupid decision and really should have been reversed.
I'm looking forward to next week when a player deliberately juggles the ball the length of the field for a try, because the opposition aren't allowed to touch him.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • peter09
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Fozz
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Dash
  • The True King
  • Broncosgirl
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Xzei
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.