Round 24 Discussion

LOL It doesn't really matter, but that was very generous of the video ref, especially considering it was sent up as no try.

JT can go **** himself as well. Putting shit on Hunt about the GF drop. Classless hack in front of a camera without an original thought.

I fucking knew the Dogs would screw me.

That was a bludger of a game, the Cowboys well down on troops while the Bulldogs are simply a bunch of battlers. I thought the play of the match was that tackle from Molo on Napa, at that stage it looked like the game was going away from the Cows, but the hit stopped Napa in his tracks and woke the Cows up.

They should have gone on with it after the Feldt try. Asiata had a few clangers and their attention to detail just hurt them time and time again. That set where they started looking for a field goal was horrendous and the lack of communication was downright embarrassing. In the end, Cows were lucky they came up against the Bulldogs side who are barely a cut above NSW Cup. That left hand-side has to be one of the weakest in the NRL and I can't fathom why Pay has persisted with Holland and Meaney.

I don't know what it is about DWZ, but it just seems like when it comes to positional play like the wing, centre or fullback he has no clue. I think his style of fullback can work, but he has to go looking for those quick play the balls ala Hodgo and just target teams through the middle. The Bulldogs just never seemed to hit any rhythm and there was a lot of ambling going on.

Kind of a shame that things ended the way they did. There wasn't a lot of intrigue surrounding this clash other than the Bulldogs unlikely run into the finals and now that's gone. For the Broncos, I'm unsure if it's necessarily a positive either. It's one less team to think about, but the Doggies seemed to be relishing the lack of pressure in recent weeks.

That was a bludger of a game, the Cowboys well down on troops while the Bulldogs are simply a bunch of battlers. I thought the play of the match was that tackle from Molo on Napa, at that stage it looked like the game was going away from the Cows, but the hit stopped Napa in his tracks and woke the Cows up.

They should have gone on with it after the Feldt try. Asiata had a few clangers and their attention to detail just hurt them time and time again. That set where they started looking for a field goal was horrendous and the lack of communication was downright embarrassing. In the end, Cows were lucky they came up against the Bulldogs side who are barely a cut above NSW Cup. That left hand-side has to be one of the weakest in the NRL and I can't fathom why Pay has persisted with Holland and Meaney.

I don't know what it is about DWZ, but it just seems like when it comes to positional play like the wing, centre or fullback he has no clue. I think his style of fullback can work, but he has to go looking for those quick play the balls ala Hodgo and just target teams through the middle. The Bulldogs just never seemed to hit any rhythm and there was a lot of ambling going on.

Kind of a shame that things ended the way they did. There wasn't a lot of intrigue surrounding this clash other than the Bulldogs unlikely run into the finals and now that's gone. For the Broncos, I'm unsure if it's necessarily a positive either. It's one less team to think about, but the Doggies seemed to be relishing the lack of pressure in recent weeks.
Yeh the dogs losing means they can throw the ball around next week without a care. That normally spells danger for the opposition.

Having said that our organised chaos is just ever so slightly better than theirs so I'm confident we'll account for them.

Why did we let go of Molo again? Guy is a weapon and WILL play SOO.

Last edited:
Meh, not a big deal, just some banter.
Actually, hopefully it even makes Hunt fire up and help beat the Tiggers.

Two weeks in a row the Cows have done us a favour, love it. I think the Dogs losing is a good thing. Yes, I understand the 'throwing the ball around with gay abandon' thing and the perception it makes it easy to look good but for me at least, the knowledge that the really hard stuff doesn't have to be done (or it's pointless) should mean the Doggies colective mind is on the end of season trip.

There's nothing left to sacrifice their bodies for and should we beat Parra, we are the desperate team the following week.

I thought the NRL were going to put a stop to players from the attacking team blocking the paths of defenders during field goals?

Once again Shane Wright gets a try from a knock on.

It's unbelievable just how many imbeciles the NRL have employed to be senior review officials in the bunker. High resolution, high quality video with the ability to use super slow-mo and these fucking halfwits still get it wrong.

Why did we let go of Molo again? Guy is a weapon and WILL play SOO.

No he won't.

We let Molo go because he was lazy, couldn't string good performances together and didn't even come close to slightly living up to the hype that some people had over him. Especially after the Ackerman incident.

In short, he sucked balls at the Broncos.

No he won't.

We let Molo go because he was lazy, couldn't string good performances together and didn't even come close to slightly living up to the hype that some people had over him. Especially after the Ackerman incident.

In short, he sucked balls at the Broncos.

Well he isn’t lazy anymore. Anyone who has watched a few Cowboys games this year would have seen how good he is now. He’s easily one of Queensland’s best front row options now.

Once again Shane Wright gets a try from a knock on.

It's unbelievable just how many imbeciles the NRL have employed to be senior review officials in the bunker. High resolution, high quality video with the ability to use super slow-mo and these fucking halfwits still get it wrong.
Get it wrong? Or get the result they’re looking for? There is way to much evidence to suggest these fuckwits don’t ignore the obvious.

JT has always been classless, he managed to cover it up when he would only have short interviews. My mate went to school with him and let’s just says classless sums him up well and leave it at that.

That was an anomaly. Every team fell over in front of them and Morgan went on a run of form that’s still getting him into rep sides despite being pus.

Ooohh I find this fascinating.

The Cowboys really didn't deserve to make the Grand Final. Every other team just fell over.

"Fell over" is a distant cousin of "every other team shit the bed" which itself is within farting distance of "doing a Bradbury."

The only reason you're good is because your opponents, who are smarter, tougher, stronger and more talented couldn't produce their best when it mattered...

It's all horse shit.

We're seeing it in Cricket as well. Did England win at Headingley? Or did Australia lose?

Let's try and put into context what you are downplaying and dismissing here...

In the first week of the 2017 finals series, the Cowboys beat the Cronulla Sharks, the defending premiers, by one point in extra time.

In the next game, Parramatta probably were a bit flat after a bruising encounter with the Storm. Nevertheless, the Cowboys had to have played pretty good to hang on and take the game 24-16.

Their next scalp was the Roosters in a preliminary final. The final score of 29-16 is a little bit misleading. Some ill discipline from the Roosters cost them two penalty goals and it finished up 4 tries to 3 when all was said and done.

Does that really sound like teams falling over? All three were tough, hard fought contests.

Not enough credit is given to the Cowboys for some amazing performances that series.

Another thought, and this will really piss people off, but I think as time goes by and the more I look into it - it's 2015 that is starting to look like an anomaly and aberration.

The four or five years either side of 2015 are pretty similar - both for the Broncos and the NRL as a whole.

Ooohh I find this fascinating.

The Cowboys really didn't deserve to make the Grand Final. Every other team just fell over.

"Fell over" is a distant cousin of "every other team shit the bed" which itself is within farting distance of "doing a Bradbury."

The only reason you're good is because your opponents, who are smarter, tougher, stronger and more talented couldn't produce their best when it mattered...

It's all horse shit.

We're seeing it in Cricket as well. Did England win at Headingley? Or did Australia lose?

Let's try and put into context what you are downplaying and dismissing here...

In the first week of the 2017 finals series, the Cowboys beat the Cronulla Sharks, the defending premiers, by one point in extra time.

In the next game, Parramatta probably were a bit flat after a bruising encounter with the Storm. Nevertheless, the Cowboys had to have played pretty good to hang on and take the game 24-16.

Their next scalp was the Roosters in a preliminary final. The final score of 29-16 is a little bit misleading. Some ill discipline from the Roosters cost them two penalty goals and it finished up 4 tries to 3 when all was said and done.

Does that really sound like teams falling over? All three were tough, hard fought contests.

Not enough credit is given to the Cowboys for some amazing performances that series.

Another thought, and this will really piss people off, but I think as time goes by and the more I look into it - it's 2015 that is starting to look like an anomaly and aberration.

The four or five years either side of 2015 are pretty similar - both for the Broncos and the NRL as a whole.

I didn’t read all of that but it’s not something that I’ve made up and it’s not an original statement. The teams in front of them all shat the bed and they were relying on results to go their way even to make the finals. Hardly a glowing endorsement of greens coaching capabilities

Active Now

• Big Del
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Jazza
  • FACTHUNT
  • jd87
  • Foordy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Wolfie
  • NSW stables
  • Cavalo
  • Lurker
  • Broncorob
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Strop
  • Tim K
  • Xzei
  • Mister Wright
  • Midean
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.