Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Damn,

Cant blame the refs for this lose,

Chooks less their best forward and their half back for 50 odd minutes outplayed, outmuscled and out enthused us.

Who ever taught the boys to kick on the 2nd when youve just defended your ass off for 2-3 sets should be shot, we handed the ball back 3 times only to be back in the same spot a couple of tackles later.

**** weve really missed the big show, gotta say im not as optimistic as some, we lost 3 of our last 4.

Heres hoping the boys have been training really, really hard leading upto to the finals, because at times tonight we looked like we were playing with ankle weights.

I think it is much less a question of being dominated by size and power than focused intensity. They are just so fast to move up in defence and that just cut down all the room and time for Hunt and Milford to make decisions. Equally, their speed in playing the ball and their support play is very good.

It was also like we were pressured into losing composure, made errors accordingly and were too much on the back foot.

At the same time, when things did come together, I agree with a few others. I think we looked more dangerous in attack than they did, but still, we didn't play on the front foot as we did last time against them.

Mind you, Blake Ferguson is such a dangerous, well balanced runner. He looks so good when he drops the ball.

Meh, a 2 point loss against them is not a bad result given that we and the refs gave them so much field position and possession

If we managed to get more quality possession, we would have beat them easily. I know that's easier said than done, but IMO in the do or die games, we can always ramp up our line speed and put teams to the sword. In the last 20 when we were finally winning the territory battle, we looked a far better team.

They literally won off a Dodds/Kahu **** up, and even then if Parker kicks it we go to OT and who knows what happens after that.

Copley to Norths for the rest of the season please. Couldn't tackle his way out of a brown paper bag.

Dodds dropping the ball after we scored a try was the crucial play. If he holds it we win that game.

Plenty of positives.
17 Tackles, 3 one on ones, 1 missed tackle. Pretty good stats for a player thats hasnt played much football in the last month.

Well we had that game and really should have won, especially with two,of their big guns/key players missing for the majority of the game. Our defense was good but we just looked very flat/tired in attack. Our kick returns from we're deadset laughable. I know Boyd got smacked around a fair bit but geeze, him Kahu and to an extent Oates were pretty laxadaisy in their returns. Still not to sure why hunt persists with those bombs to no mans land with no chases and also could put it on the ground a bit more to get repeat sets and build the pressure.

But in all the silly errors cost us and the roosters were still to good on the night. I know the commentators say it a bit but how good is RTS step, pretty bloody awesome and with all that room to move it was even better.

Anyway, lessons learnt hopefully and can build for a big game next week.

We eliminated our rivals?

They still won the game down 2 men for 60 minutes.

That's what he means by eliminated. As in fucked their finals campaign

At the press conference, Hodges was asked about RTS's footwork and his step...

I might be butchering this...

Reporter: "Hodgo, RTS, have you ever seen someone with footwork like that?"
Hodgo: "Yeah... Preston Campbell, Matty Bowen, they were all great."
Bennett: "(Speaking to Hodges) You used to have a step like that when you had 2 good legs."

LOL.

At the press conference, Hodges was asked about RTS's footwork and his step...

I might be butchering this...

Reporter: "Hodgo, RTS, have you ever seen someone with footwork like that?"
Hodgo: "Yeah... Preston Campbell, Matty Bowen, they were all great."
Bennett: "(Speaking to Hodges) You used to have a step like that when you had 2 good legs."

LOL.

What a stupid question that was.
Also, Wayne wasnt really saying much to any of the questions.

The Roosters played the same as they always do, more than less. They stuck to their predictable standard game plan and executed it pretty well.

We stood back and watched. It's time we take our game to the next level of enthusiasm, momentum and desire. If we do, we can beat anyone ... but ony on the front foot. That is the main lesson from this game

Lessons taken away from the game.

1. You can not expect to win games with one dimensional props. While Dodds is a good defender, he offers zero in attack and that alone makes him a liability whether he drops the ball or not.
2. Our red headed Reed is actually needed for a championship run. While lots of us (me included) were looking forward to seeing Copley have a run, he is just without enough confidence to hang at this level at this time. I think the injuries have taken there toll and it sadly shows. Hopefully next year he freshens up and gets some confidence.
3.The Broncos as a whole are pretty tough. They fought hard and take one play(Dodds drop in particular) and they win that game. For all intensive purposes, they won the second half.
4. Hodges time is up. While Justin can still reek havoc in attack, his defense due to speed and lack of mobility is exposing him.
5. Hunt needs to know when to be Kenny Rogers. Every play maker has to have the ability to know when to take a gamble. He is almost there.
6. While Boyd is steady and brave, he does lack that spark that many number ones have. Think we'll have to live with that.
7. I'm with Wayne. Despite loss, I think it was a positive game that lots can be taken away. The main thing is to get some structure in attack and I think The Broncos can rival any club. I do believe that having Reed and Marranta on the left side will steady the attack.

Boyd has been good this year. He was struggling last night after he copped that knee to the back which I think people have forgotten about.

Boyd has been good this year. He was struggling last night after he copped that knee to the back which I think people have forgotten about.

Agreed. He has been and still plays well. He just isn't a game changer that some of these up and coming freaks who inhabit the number one jersey are. I can live with it.

Lessons taken away from the game.

1. You can not expect to win games with one dimensional props. While Dodds is a good defender, he offers zero in attack and that alone makes him a liability whether he drops the ball or not.
2. Our red headed Reed is actually needed for a championship run. While lots of us (me included) were looking forward to seeing Copley have a run, he is just without enough confidence to hang at this level at this time. I think the injuries have taken there toll and it sadly shows. Hopefully next year he freshens up and gets some confidence.
3.The Broncos as a whole are pretty tough. They fought hard and take one play(Dodds drop in particular) and they win that game. For all intensive purposes, they won the second half.
4. Hodges time is up. While Justin can still reek havoc in attack, his defense due to speed and lack of mobility is exposing him.
5. Hunt needs to know when to be Kenny Rogers. Every play maker has to have the ability to know when to take a gamble. He is almost there.
6. While Boyd is steady and brave, he does lack that spark that many number ones have. Think we'll have to live with that.
7. I'm with Wayne. Despite loss, I think it was a positive game that lots can be taken away. The main thing is to get some structure in attack and I think The Broncos can rival any club. I do believe that having Reed and Marranta on the left side will steady the attack.

Agree with pretty much all of that, well said.

I really like copley and I hope he can get a good run without injuries and a good preseason, however unless injuries force our hand he can't be in the top squad at the moment. He is too underdone and too far down on confidence, and Souths, Melbourne and then the finals isn't going to do anything to help his confidence.

I know many have huge wraps on him, as I do too, but let's be realistic; his positioning in defence is terrible currently and he is just coming up with the wrong options in attack.

Agree with pretty much all of that, well said.

I really like copley and I hope he can get a good run without injuries and a good preseason, however unless injuries force our hand he can't be in the top squad at the moment. He is too underdone and too far down on confidence, and Souths, Melbourne and then the finals isn't going to do anything to help his confidence.

I know many have huge wraps on him, as I do too, but let's be realistic; his positioning in defence is terrible currently and he is just coming up with the wrong options in attack.

I am one of Copley's biggest fans and I agree. He kept falling over last night and spent most of last night on the ground which I think made him look worse than he was. Also Oates isn't an 80minute player yet. He was tired in the last twenty. I like him coming off the bench. Maranta doesn't make the mistakes Kahu does. They're very similar players this year but Maranta does the 1% jobs better.

Wayne in the press conference basically said he outright doesn't care about results heading into the finals so long as we put the effort in. It gives credence to the idea that Wayne and Co are putting the boys through a mini-preseason.

Active Now

• Footy Fanatic
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Culhwch
  • Evander
  • Aldo
  • Stix
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bucking Beads
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncosgirl
  • lynx000
  • NSW stables
  • FACTHUNT
  • Lostboy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Fozz
  • Tmac
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.