vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no real confidence we can beat the Rorters again so I think my tips will reflect that. They are in form, full of confidence and that shiteating, vegemite moustached Latrine Mitchell thinking he's Inglis on his best day. I just want to see him sat on his arse.

What I believe is critical though is irrespective of the result we must present as a genuine force, we must play well enough to demand total respect. I'd really love a strong win because we could be genuinely excited with justifiable reason.

Last edited:
Alright send Sammy on a kamikaze mission to take down their big dog

NRL - Round 24
Saturday, 25th of August, 2018
View attachment 3629 View attachment 3628

Coach: Trent RobinsonCoach: Wayne Bennett
Officials:
Sideline Officials:
Video Review Officials:
Venue: Allianz Stadium
Kickoff: 7:35 pm
Broadcast: Chanel 9; Foxleague
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

It's may not be a big deal Foordy but, can we please have a new thread for any game stating it's "Broncos vs XXXXX" instead of "XXXXX vs Broncos" please?

If it's not too late, can you change it now?

It's just my thing that whenever there's a new tread that starts with "xxxxx vs Broncos", we don't do well for that game.

It should always be "Broncos vs XXXXX" if you don't mine me saying.

Last edited:
It's may not be a big deal Foordy but, can we please have a new thread for any game stating it's "Broncos vs XXXXX" instead of "XXXXX vs Broncos" please?

If it's not too late, can you change it now?

It's just my thing that whenever there's a new tread that starts with "xxxxx vs Broncos", we don't do well for that game.

It should always be "Broncos vs XXXXX" if you don't mine me saying.

That's because we generally perform better at home. (When Broncos comes first in the thread title)

Look, I need us to win them both. I also need other results to go our way, whatever it takes so that we don't have to travel to Auckland to play the Warriors in a knockout semi. Because I live in Auckland, so I would have to go, and I don't know that my heart, nerves, hair, fingernails, blood pressure, or certain friendships with Warriors fans are up to that particular challenge.

Give me anyone else, Penrith, Sharks, Dragons, whoever. Just not the bloody Warriors.

I feel the same. We can beat any of those teams away but dont fancy our chances in NZ.

Broncos by 22. So close last night.

If we can turn up with the same intensity we showed in the first 20 and in the back end of the second half and turn that into an 80 minute performance, we will be alright.

The problem is, we don't seem to be able to and it's that period where we will drop off and start to make silly errors and give away silly penalties where we will be hurt. If we can weather the storm and limit the damage done to us, maybe we will put ourselves in a good position to come home strong like we did in Round 11.

But, I'm not so confident.

If we can turn up with the same intensity we showed in the first 20 and in the back end of the second half and turn that into an 80 minute performance, we will be alright.

The problem is, we don't seem to be able to and it's that period where we will drop off and start to make silly errors and give away silly penalties where we will be hurt. If we can weather the storm and limit the damage done to us, maybe we will put ourselves in a good position to come home strong like we did in Round 11.

But, I'm not so confident.

The intensity in both attack and defence is a direct result of possession and field position. Regardless of whether it's the refs manufacturing penalties, us legitimately giving away genuine penalties, our genuine errors, or bad calls, it is the direct cause. It's not like the players just clock off. The proof is there for the Bulldogs game, we looked like butter in defence, they looked like a premiership attacking side, and it was caused purely from fatigue.

Similarly, the Rabbitohs are a pretty good defensive side, and their pack is massive and dominant. Yet because their winger kept dropping the ball, we had the field position and possession to make them look pathetic against our sweep play. A play that many people have previously claimed is pedestrian, easy to spot, and easy to shut down.

We don't drop the ball, we have a good kick chase that pressures the opposition's attempted catches, and we don't get suckered in to the sort of rucks that are too tempting for the refs to blow ghost penalties on, and we will beat anyone.

The intensity in both attack and defence is a direct result of possession and field position. Regardless of whether it's the refs manufacturing penalties, us legitimately giving away genuine penalties, our genuine errors, or bad calls, it is the direct cause. It's not like the players just clock off. The proof is there for the Bulldogs game, we looked like butter in defence, they looked like a premiership attacking side, and it was caused purely from fatigue.

Similarly, the Rabbitohs are a pretty good defensive side, and their pack is massive and dominant. Yet because their winger kept dropping the ball, we had the field position and possession to make them look pathetic against our sweep play. A play that many people have previously claimed is pedestrian, easy to spot, and easy to shut down.

We don't drop the ball, we have a good kick chase that pressures the opposition's attempted catches, and we don't get suckered in to the sort of rucks that are too tempting for the refs to blow ghost penalties on, and we will beat anyone.
This 100% it's criminal how little we value posession, especially early on. If we maintained pressure more consistently through repeat sets and hard running, we'd be leading the comp. Instead we often dig holes with early drop balls, letting our opponents have first crack to pin us, then wonder why scrape through most matches.
Last night our opponents gave to us what we often give to others: cheap field position and possession. The result is that even a competition favourite can look ordinary.

After seemingly taming the Tigers, if the Broncos can become a Warrior like the Black Panther, slaying a Dragon, they can weather the Storm before the Rooster crows but if they can't pull a Rabbit out of a hat, they will be swimming with the Sharks.

Last edited:
If that giant hole that kept appearing last night on our right hand D, we will be fucked. Unlike the useless left hand attack of last nights Rabbits, the Roosters will be all over it, and will score 10 down the left by half time.

If that giant hole that kept appearing last night on our right hand D, we will be fucked. Unlike the useless left hand attack of last nights Rabbits, the Roosters will be all over it, and will score 10 down the left by half time.

Too true, I can see Cronk rubbing his hands together with glee at the prospect of what he is going to do.

Too true, I can see Cronk rubbing his hands together with glee at the prospect of what he is going to do.

Cronk mostly plays on the right for them, it's Keary we gotta watch out for, if he's back. He's been in far better form than Cronk this season too.

If we play to type we'll not put a forward type grind in against the Rorters akin to the Snarks game a few weeks ago. Lattrell is my biggest worry, he'll run roughshod over our right wing D unless Jimmy and Jamsak do some extra work on trusting each other. Somebody needs to nail Jamsak's right boot to the touch line to stop him coming in off that wing.

If we play to type we'll not put a forward type grind in against the Rorters akin to the Snarks game a few weeks ago. Lattrell is my biggest worry, he'll run roughshod over our right wing D unless Jimmy and Jamsak do some extra work on trusting each other. Somebody needs to nail Jamsak's right boot to the touch line to stop him coming in off that wing.

That may potentially negatively impact his goal kicking ;)

We only need 1 win, and a close lose to get into the finals pretty much. A good win against the Roosters will validate our finals credentials, if we can back it up with another win against Manly. How sweet would it be the ones to help deliver Manly their first wooden spoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Footy Fanatic
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Big Del
  • Midean
  • HarryAllan7
  • johnny plath
  • Xzei
  • kiwi2
  • Harry Sack
  • theshed
  • Broncosgirl
  • Santa
  • Cavalo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dash
  • Sproj
  • Adammacca
  • BruiserMk1
  • Gaz
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.