vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon get Fifita on early to help tighten up the right edge. Cronk may play on the right but it won’t stop him from directly plays down the left edge. TPJ to destroy Cronk and Thaiday to put some earth shattering hits on Napa before he breaks one of our top players faces again. Maybe Sims will be out for revenge? I’d be showing him the replay of Napa and going on in his ear about how it was straight up first degree deliberate.

TPJ needs to go out and smash Latrell early on.

We only need 1 win, and a close lose to get into the finals pretty much. A good win against the Roosters will validate our finals credentials, if we can back it up with another win against Manly. How sweet would it be the ones to help deliver Manly their first wooden spoon.

Yeah that would be great

But JT finishing with the spoon would also be great

It's hard to know what to want more :)

Lets just hope Latrell gets injured this weekend =)

Yeah that would be great

But JT finishing with the spoon would also be great

It's hard to know what to want more :)

Index

why-not-both-gif-11478682

Last edited:
I reckon get Fifita on early to help tighten up the right edge. Cronk may play on the right but it won’t stop him from directly plays down the left edge. TPJ to destroy Cronk and Thaiday to put some earth shattering hits on Napa before he breaks one of our top players faces again. Maybe Sims will be out for revenge? I’d be showing him the replay of Napa and going on in his ear about how it was straight up first degree deliberate.
TPJ makes a point of picking the biggest bloke on the park. He had eyes for Scott a week ago and I noticed S.Burgess was his target this week. Sims will be dying to get on the pitch with Napa.

I've been really impressed with Sims lately. I think injuries have held him back from reaching his potential, but with that seemingly in the past and his future secure he is showing us the potential origin player we hoped for when we signed him.

I've been really impressed with Sims lately. I think injuries have held him back from reaching his potential, but with that seemingly in the past and his future secure he is showing us the potential origin player we hoped for when we signed him.
He has been good for quite a while with less consistency earlier in the year but lately, wow. He has been a machine ever since he came back and I admit to amazement that someone can come back to full contact with such vigour after that facial injury. I hope he stays on the field and he looks like he lifts the other guys.

Just looking through the ladder now and I was gobsmacked by the fact that tbe wooden spoon contenders, Eels,Cows and Dogs ALL have better defence stats than us ! Amazing. In fact our defence over the season has been poor but steadily improving. We all know defence is all about attitude and ours does appear to be getting better. I believe we have more upside than several teams above us. I'm not done believing we are still a realistic chance. I had a hundred @23s last night with sportsbet. That way I can bet straight out on our first semifinal opponent, win I get the cash, lose and the Broncos live on.

Just looking through the ladder now and I was gobsmacked by the fact that tbe wooden spoon contenders, Eels,Cows and Dogs ALL have better defence stats than us ! Amazing. In fact our defence over the season has been poor but steadily improving. We all know defence is all about attitude and ours does appear to be getting better. I believe we have more upside than several teams above us. I'm not done believing we are still a realistic chance. I had a hundred @23s last night with sportsbet. That way I can bet straight out on our first semifinal opponent, win I get the cash, lose and the Broncos live on.
Our main problem is left centre. We were solid with opacic there and then fiddled with it, trying to get more punch in attack.
I would have left him be and concentrated attack down Roberts edge, using opacic's for blind side and reversing the attack where the bigger bodies on that side would have counted but that's just me.
I think we needed some consistency in our backline at the start of the season, but that and injuries have put paid to it.
Kahu looked good out there against the bunnies, so hopefully he can bring that form to the roosters but I'm still a little worried.
A fit bird would be pretty good about now.

If it was earlier in the year, I wouldn't have been worried about the Roosters right edge much. But god damn has it improved out of sight. Ferguson is in some of the best form of his career, Manu improved dramatically and is hitting his potential, Cronk seems to have finally woke up and Radley is one of the best rookies in the NRL right now. They've got massive strike power on both sides, and then there's Tedesco popping up everywhere for 1 or 2+ linebreaks a game.

Last edited:
If it was earlier in the year, I wouldn't have been worried about the Roosters right edge much. But god damn has it improved out of sight. Ferguson is in some of the best form of his career, Manu improved dramatically and is hitting his potential, Cronk seems to have finally woke up and Radley is one of the best rookies in the NRL right now. They've got massive strike power on both sides, and then there's Tedesco popping up everywhere for 1 or 2+ linebreaks a game.
You are so so right concerning Ferguson! One or two of his most recent games have been stellar. I'm not certain which game it was but I really saw what other people had seen and why so many better judges than I had rated him so highly. He was virtually unstoppable, an absolute threat anywhere on the field.

Thing about Ferguson is he falls apart when he is pressured - constantly. We need to target him all the time. As for Radley, he is a worry but then, we have his equal in TPJ and Fifita. What we don't have sufficiently yet is 80 minutes of consistency. With consistency of quality football, like the kind we showed last night, I can't see why we can't put a good score on the chooks and win. A lot will depend on Milford repeating last night's performance and even improving on it and, Knik not grabbing in tackles.

For mine, the real dangers, if not the only ones are Mitchell and Tedesco, and our inconsistency.

With tigers loss tonight this win would guarantee a semi final game.

For mine though I know roosters have a good pack, ours in form is better. If we play smart and use that to maintain some pressure early, we should be able to repeat what we did with the bunnies.
If we don't, we won't.
Whilst we can't play conservatively, some smart play to work them in the corners would do wonders. One thing we can't afford is for Ferguson and co. to make early line breaks.
Make sure we defend and the points will come.

With tigers loss tonight this win would guarantee a semi final game.

Still mathematically possible for the Tigpies to make it

if we lose our last 2 and they win their last 2, then it would come down to differential ... although the would need to over come the 54pt gap between ours and theirs

Still mathematically possible for the Tigpies to make it

if we lose our last 2 and they win their last 2, then it would come down to differential ... although the would need to over come the 54pt gap between ours and theirs

I’m saying if we beat rooters we are in the top 8 no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ostin86
  • GCBRONCO
  • Painin the Haas
  • broncs30
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Sproj
  • Harry Sack
  • IceWorks
  • bert_lifts
  • Ejbroncos
  • Fozz
  • NSW stables
  • barker
  • Santa
  • lynx000
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.