POST GAME [Round 25, 2021] Broncos vs Knights

I'm kinda stuck between hoping he goes well because I don't really hold any ill-will towards him and also being pissed at the idea he stunk it up here for ages to go elsewhere and kill it.

I'd agree to an extent, except for the fat part?

If this is fat then sign me the **** up at my nearest KFC -
70d0c305563808ef7f83ccbab01b6ef4

The kids pretty jacked for his age, but yeah he needs to spend a bit less time in the gym and more on his skills/defence.

View attachment 14990

The kids pretty jacked for his age, but yeah he needs to spend a bit less time in the gym and more on his skills/defence.
fat was a very lazy way to describe him as being more built than milf. agree with evander he's a bit of a tank but i was just feeding it.

fat was a very lazy way to describe him as being more built than milf. agree with evander he's a bit of a tank but i was just feeding it.

Haha fair, I didn't even see his comment before falling for it myself.

It's because the ref is reasonably fresh... dw, the NRL will drill the common sense and desire to let the game flow out of him...
I am going to take some credit for the ref. I supervised the very first game he refereed and helped train him when he was a junior ref at the parra district.

The new refs usually do decently because they focus on just running the game rather than imposing themselves on the game, and trust their decisions rather than constantly questioning themselves, being heavily reliant on the bunker or focussing on the nrl's latest nitpicking of rules.

Only a matter of time until the nrl ***** up the work we put into him though.

The kick was the only one and it resulted in a try anyway. Not sure what occasions your talking about? Except the one where he did throw the pass and set up Oates try.
Well said Sir! Herbie's kick was innovative so good to see! Would have been a great try by Tessie but unfortunate outcome. Its nice to see some positivity from another fellow fan who can appreciate talent and identify potential which Herbie has in abundance. identifying what our young players have to offer is a good trait to have..Just to add Herbie also tried a round the corner pass to Corey which nearly came off. Well done Herbie, Tessie ,Selwyn, Kobe ,Ethan,, Corey and Jordan they may be days of ups and downs you are all young and will learn from such.

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around Tesi. He's such a strange build for a modern day fullback and he doesn't seem like a high effort player, but he gets shit done. Aside from some of his ridiculous attempts at catching the ball he rarely makes errors either. All his attacking plays just seem to work, it's weird.

He's comes across as a player that reads the game well despite his inexperience. Definitely needs practice under the high ball though.

@1910 what do you think will be the best position for Cobbo in the long term?

Although he was not making line breaks or huge metres i was impressed with riki's game and how he is developing. I really think you can start seeing some of the influence gillett is having on his game.

He runs hard whenever he gets the ball and he is really eager in defence, has really good lateral movement and throws his body at anything.

Paix is also starting to show promise as a hooker. He does not telegraph which direction he is passing the ball all the time, shows some deception in the ruck, provided neat and quick service and as such the markers are not picking our runners off. Although turpin is a harder hitter in defence paix was really pushing hard from the inside when Newcastle put the ball wide, so was closing the gaps back on the inside and was also solid in defence. Having he and turpin on the field at the same time actually worked pretty well too.

Not that much of a surprise. We've all had a gutful of Milford, and he's leaving the club. Herbie is a fan favourite. He was the other standout. Despite not being great at centre, he can still be a great player. In my opinion he had a great wingers' game. He doesn't **** up much except when he tries to pass the ball. Wing's where he should be next year. He'll be better than Coates. That's my tip.

So what that he’s leaving the club? MOTM isn’t decided by who’s staying and who’s leaving.

Milford was the best player on the field and the reason why we won.

I am going to take some credit for the ref. I supervised the very first game he refereed and helped train him when he was a junior ref at the parra district.

The new refs usually do decently because they focus on just running the game rather than imposing themselves on the game, and trust their decisions rather than constantly questioning themselves, being heavily reliant on the bunker or focussing on the nrl's latest nitpicking of rules.

Only a matter of time until the nrl ***** up the work we put into him though.
@Marty Deutschmann

I look forward to your next well thought out reply and considered input.

Yeah Yeah...Milf played well, Herbie had some nice runs, Glenn was a passenger whatever. There really is only one thing totally worth noting in the game yesterday and it's Cobbo.

Besides showing his speed, here he is, the youngest I think on the park and in the last 4 games is showing to be the best defender of the lot. This kid has the good folks and I don't say that often about any of them. The combo of him and Staggs has the potential to be one of the best centre pairings we have seen in a hell of a long time.

There are a few things that stand out for Cobbs and they are that he seems really fit, he was the first one down on a kick chase from the first to last minute. He’s obviously very fast but he is also really calm. He is strong and agile but the best thing of it all, the kid does the basics really, really well. He reads attack well all the time and often shuts down potential problem situations, he scrambles well and he hits hard. He is our most exciting pure back probably since JYY. Coates obviously is up there but he has always had deficiencies and Staggs kind of fell into it from being an impressive jack of all trades but Selwyn is truly a special looking player. As mentioned in the game thread, if he stays at centre he’ll be playing for Qld next year.

View attachment 14990

And do a lot of running in the off season

Unread

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • BroncosAlways
  • I bleed Maroon
  • bazza
  • AscotinOz
  • Fatboy
  • Bish
  • Splinter
  • Battler
  • ivanhungryjak
  • theshed
  • NSW stables
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.