PRE-GAME [Round 25, 2024] Broncos vs Eels

Status
Not open for further replies.
welcome back @ParraMania. who's getting the arse at Parra now that Ryles is in?
He given a few the flick. Notably Sivo and Matterson.

RCG will go I imagine. He's cooked.

Only 5 current are signed past 2025 so could be a massive shake up.

I reckon RCG would make a good replacement for big Marty if we can get him on the same coin.

He given a few the flick. Notably Sivo and Matterson.

RCG will go I imagine. He's cooked.

Only 5 current are signed past 2025 so could be a massive shake up.

The issue will be to make your club an attractive proposition again. Given you have lost a bit of your promising youth on top of the player offloads, it might be difficult. Any news on who Ryles is targetting?

I reckon RCG would make a good replacement for big Marty if we can get him on the same coin.
He is on like the 2nd year of a 4 year deal worth 750K a year and Parramatta have already told clubs they aren't chipping in for him. They want to keep him but are having trouble offloading guys like Sivo and Matterson so have tapped him on the shoulder as well to clear some space.

He is on like the 2nd year of a 4 year deal worth 750K a year and Parramatta have already told clubs they aren't chipping in for him. They want to keep him but are having trouble offloading guys like Sivo and Matterson so have tapped him on the shoulder as well to clear some space.
At $750k "tell him he's dreaming".

Karapani on the bench

Season 5 No GIF by The Office
Yea surely Karapani will go for Big Ben. The side is a bit small and weak on the bench, we need a bit of size for impact.

Not sure about RCG... at times he looks like he fits modern league being a more athletic looking middle forward, but quite often he gets absolutely folded in half and his lateral defence isnt great.

I think he'd be alright as a 4th to 5th in the middles... but not at whatever price he would be asking.

He's an overhyped NSW guy that got paid bank off the back of it (penrith and parra), but rarely lived up to the price tag.

Surprised dogs arent having a look at him though.

Not sure about RCG... at times he looks like he fits modern league being a more athletic looking middle forward, but quite often he gets absolutely folded in half and his lateral defence isnt great.

I think he'd be alright as a 4th to 5th in the middles... but not at whatever price he would be asking.

He's an overhyped NSW guy that got paid bank off the back of it (penrith and parra), but rarely lived up to the price tag.

Surprised dogs arent having a look at him though.

Apparently they are because these days, they also have an unlimited salary cap.

The issue will be to make your club an attractive proposition again. Given you have lost a bit of your promising youth on top of the player offloads, it might be difficult. Any news on who Ryles is targetting?
His biggest tasks
1. (which he should be good at - being at Storm) is controlling the ruck. Dogs turned it around this year with a new assist coach in that area. Worst defense to one of the best in a season.
2. Buying up players who want to play for Parra ( that's been lacking)
3. We need someone like Gould to get the roster going - that's been lacking for ever.
4. Locking up the Juniors

Signings
Staggs 2026
Priority is an Elite Hooker ( Hands or bronson garlick @ 14)

Coaches
Nathan Brown - Positive
Sam Moa - May fill the defense gap
Scott Wisemantle - Some Raa Raa who Ive never heard of.

His biggest tasks
1. (which he should be good at - being at Storm) is controlling the ruck. Dogs turned it around this year with a new assist coach in that area. Worst defense to one of the best in a season.
2. Buying up players who want to play for Parra ( that's been lacking)
3. We need someone like Gould to get the roster going - that's been lacking for ever.
4. Locking up the Juniors

Signings
Staggs 2026
Priority is an Elite Hooker ( Hands or bronson garlick @ 14)

Coaches
Nathan Brown - Positive
Sam Moa - May fill the defense gap
Scott Wisemantle - Some Raa Raa who Ive never heard of.
Isaiah Iongi just announced 3 year deal which is good as Gutho is cooked.

Isaiah Iongi just announced 3 year deal which is good as Gutho is cooked.

That's a great pick up for you guys. In terms of players who want to play for you, any inclination who some of them might be?

I wanted to like your post but don't want to because I don't like the idea of us losing Staggs hehe

Parra will be absolutely fired up for this game now... ****

Parra will be absolutely fired up for this game now... ****

Yep. They're now equal last with the Tigers.

But I guess if we can nab a win this week, it does help us next week because they will need to beat the Dragons to keep the Tigers from overtaking them.

Yep. They're now equal last with the Tigers.

But I guess if we can nab a win this week, it does help us next week because they will need to beat the Dragons to keep the Tigers from overtaking them.
Tigers have the bye next week so they're basically in front of Parra as of now

Tigers have the bye next week so they're basically in front of Parra as of now

Basically yeah unless they win tomorrow night. If they lose then next week they play Dragons and if they win that will put them ahead of the Tigers on F/A and then in their final game they play the Tigers to decide who wins the spoon.

So in a way Tigers winning tonight also benefits us because they have to keep winning to avoid the spoon, just as long as they start that next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Galah
  • Alec
  • Skyblues87
  • TwoLeftFeet
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.