PRE-GAME [Round 25, 2024] Broncos vs Eels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Karapani on the bench

Season 5 No GIF by The Office

Wtf is with Kev's obsession with having a light bench?

Karapani on the bench

Season 5 No GIF by The Office
I just don’t get it. Is he Expecting Sailor to stink it up and shuffle Cobbo to fullback and Karapani to wing, or is it injury cover? Hunt is available, couldn’t he go to centre at a pinch and actually be useful in the forwards?

I can only assume he hates making metres and would rather score long range tries.

Pigs will fly when Karapani scores a long range try, and I don't mean police helicopters.

I just don’t get it. Is he Expecting Sailor to stink it up and shuffle Cobbo to fullback and Karapani to wing, or is it injury cover? Hunt is available, couldn’t he go to centre at a pinch and actually be useful in the forwards?

I would have Te Kura on the bench myself personally.

but I do understand why he's done it. we've lost an outside back at some point in so many bloody games this season.

due to the current HIA rules many coaches carry an outside back on the bench. Hell, Ivan Cleary has two halves on his bench this week

Heaps of teams run with an outside back on the bench. This is not new. The bench rotation against the cowboys was perfect and our forwards dominated with Tristan Sailor on the bench. I much prefer karapani on the bench due to the amount of times we have had to reshuffle our backline this year.

If that was the case then Oates would be a better option, because at least he can do a role in the second row.

I just don't get it... he doesn't use him so he's basically going into it looking to play with 16, and Taupau is already a low minute middle. It just heaps minutes on other players to compensate.

Parra is going into the game with a 3 forward bench and Offa starting at lock, so basically a 3 prop middle.

It's basically guaranteed that Patty will be playing 80, because who the **** will replace him with two middles on the bench and Jensen and Willison already starting.

Should have BTK on the bench instead of Karapani.

If we get an injury in the back row or outside backs then Kobe fills in... if not then **** Kobe off for Hunt, because he's not pulling his weight in the middle of the field anyway.

I'm looking forward to Karapani coming on late in the second half and making absolutely no impact at all.

If Te Kura is fit, play him. If he's worried about him then you could also play Hunt and that would actually come in handy more because Piakura is not an 80 minute backrower.

Even Oates could do a job in the backrow.

I think Karapani has plenty of potential. But BTK needs to be in the 17. Surely Piakura or Riki can cover centre or should be training to be that option so we can get minutes into Ben.
I've said it before, but HIA enforcement means teams need a back on the bench. The NRL need to seriously consider a 5 man bench with a mandatory back or utility to maintain more competitive games.
It just seems so bleeding obvious!
Sailor better step up because he has been very disappointing after some good games in '23. Has he got it in him?

I would have Te Kura on the bench myself personally.

but I do understand why he's done it. we've lost an outside back at some point in so many bloody games this season.

due to the current HIA rules many coaches carry an outside back on the bench. Hell, Ivan Cleary has two halves on his bench this week
I totally agree with you there Te Kura was really solid he's debut game and would be good to see him get another run.

Having a back on the bench makes more sense in the HIA Era, especially if you got a middle like Patty in the team who can do big mins.

My thoughts

Blaize Talagi couldn't defend a Piggy Bank with a Shotgun
Staggs could possibly end his career.

Tristan Sailor - he's that bad at catching anything he probably still hasn't had Covid yet.

Trent " Mini Bus " Barrett - half a coach

Broncos 38-18

welcome back @ParraMania. who's getting the arse at Parra now that Ryles is in?

My thoughts

Blaize Talagi couldn't defend a Piggy Bank with a Shotgun
Staggs could possibly end his career.

Tristan Sailor - he's that bad at catching anything he probably still hasn't had Covid yet.

Trent " Mini Bus " Barrett - half a coach

Broncos 38-18
Talagi is a good player. He will become elite an Penrith next year

I’ll be surprised if Big Ben doesn’t play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Galah
  • Alec
  • Skyblues87
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Mr Fourex
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.