POST GAME [Round 25, 2024] Broncos vs Eels

All I know is I was sick and tired of spending my weekends trying to get over how poorly we played and how uncommitted the boys seemed to be after that horror run of losses. Working round the yard and the house today is markedly more enjoyable after that come from behind win.

Does anyone know when Kobe got HIA'd and what led to it? Aside from the two occasions where parra stepped on the line and play was allowed to go on this is the only other incident that refuses to drop out of my thoughts.

He took a run and got a smack in the chops - penalty .
Shortly after he was off for a HIA . Not certain the two are related .

Does anyone know when Kobe got HIA'd and what led to it?
It may have happened earlier, but it was this tackle on Tuilagi where it became noticeable.

Look at Kobe reel out of the tackle.

May have to click the link itself: 37:42 on the game-clock.

Kevvie was asked in the presser about our continued vulnerabilities on the edges and how we’ve been exposed badly by both the dogs & titans and his answer was that we were playing one of the best tonight.
He's talking about Sivo.

It may have happened earlier, but it was this tackle on Tuilagi where it became noticeable.

Look at Kobe reel out of the tackle.

May have to click the link itself: 37:42 on the game-clock.

Thanks @Big Pete I've had a look and for mine he doesn't seem to reel out of the tackle. he could have copped a friendly fire head-knock there though, but he seemed fine.

Yeh it was at the 42.50 mark like @Big Del mentioned where he got whacked by Joffa's forearm.

Thanks @
Big Pete
Big Pete I've had a look and for mine he doesn't seem to reel out of the tackle. he could have copped a friendly fire head-knock there though, but he seemed fine.
It was a one-on-one tackle on Tuilagi, so I'm not sure if we're on the same page. It doesn't look like much immediately but then Kobe looks out of it on the defensive line.

He comes off shortly after.

I am sure it has been mentioned on here before, but does anyone else have a problem with the fact that when Walsh isn't playing he hardly ever attends the home games? He lives on the GC, how hard is it to come up and support your team. It has happened multiple times this year and I think is a sign of a larger cultural issue.
If anything it's probably better for him to stay home if he's not playing.
This is a guy that finishes training and has fans hiding in the tray of his ute, he's not going to be left alone if he's at the game not playing and not locked away.
For the footy side of things he's better sitting at home watching the game from a better view, he'd probably be messaging someone telling them we should work on this or that.

He's injured let him stay home and watch the game with his young daughter.

Besides our static defensive line a concern for me was how our left edge defence still looks disjointed. Maybe new assistant coaches will help as Piakura and Mariner don't seem to be on the same page in defence and often get caught out with one going up and one staying back or vice versa.

Yeah but to get in that position at all says a lot about the mentality of the team. Professionalism out the window
Once again.
So your going to ignore how the team responded and turned it around and just focus on the first 11 minutes and draw your conclusions from that?

I wonder if Penrith fans think the same about the 15 minute period of the grand final where we scored three tries. "Shows alot about the defensive resolve and mentality of the team letting a rookie 5/8 rip em apart" right?

So your going to ignore how the team responded and turned it around and just focus on the first 11 minutes and draw your conclusions from that?

I wonder if Penrith fans think the same about the 15 minute period of the grand final where we scored three tries. "Shows alot about the defensive resolve and mentality of the team letting a rookie 5/8 rip em apart" right?
Nah that was great and all but I think us letting in 3 soft tries to start the game is pathetic and show how unprepared the players are mentally. It’s just another case of them expecting someone else to do it instead of working hard

Nah that was great and all but I think us letting in 3 soft tries to start the game is pathetic and show how unprepared the players are mentally. It’s just another case of them expecting someone else to do it instead of working hard
Yes good thing they changed their mentality and fought back to ultimately win! A sign of mental resolve. Broncos teams of the past would have dropped their heads and lost by 50

Yes good thing they changed their mentality and fought back to ultimately win! A sign of mental resolve. Broncos teams of the past would have dropped their heads and lost by 50
Yep all true. After 20 minutes I certainly didn’t expect to win. They did well to fight back but were in that position because they didn’t show up to begin with.

Just catching up reading old threads and saw the posts about the gates not opening until late. We walked past the corporate entry about 6:30 or so and a couple of fire trucks rocked up lights and sirens and half a dozen firies walked in that entrance. Obviously some sort of fire alarm.

Active Now

• Rookie Alan
  • Fozz
  • Sproj
  • mrtij
  • johnny plath
  • davidp
  • Johnny92
  • Foordy
  • DrGee
  • BroncosAlways
  • mitch222
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bucking Beads
  • FACTHUNT
  • Culhwch
  • TwoLeftFeet
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.