Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
Boyd does not deserve a 1mil a season contract.
One thing lacking in both Milf and Kodi game is their passing game. They cant throw long balls, just lollipops. No spiral to it.
Think we needed that to get us back to earth, we had 2 big wins and everyone was getting ahead of themselves. We need to beat Cowboys for a top 4. That wont be easy as well. But we can bounce back.
If we held onto the ball, we would have been in it. But lost to much ball especially after scoring points.
Eels were too good for us again on the night, they looked much more structured and clinical. They try close to HT was a great move and was like a dagger.

Milford can throw long balls usually pretty well.

I've only ever Nikorima throw one successful long ball from memory and it was from right to left and not left to right which would be to the side of Roberts and Kahu.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
On the Radradadradradrada bobble, imo, the first was a juggle the second was a deliberate tap up over the D. It was called try on field so how do you prove that the second contact was deliberate. It had to be called try.

I was really impressed with how the Eels formed their shape on second phase. Any time they got a late off load with some width to work with they all just form up and run the block shape no matter who the player is. It's hard to stop if you are one short already.

I think Boyd could have played to the whistle and made a play at the ball or at least pressured radradardara more. Then it wouldn't even be an argument.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
When Milford received the ball on the 3rd tackle late in the match after scoring points I thought "here we go, he's going to boot it down field as far as he can, that's what Locky would do" but what did he do? He tried to run through them and dropped the ball which lead to another Eels try. I feel that sums up our ultimate problem. We don't have a game manager. (aside from having Pillows for forwards...Webcke, Carroll and Civa are rolling over in their footballing graves)

I thought Milf was one of our best tonight, behind Glenn and McGuire - but he still has a LONG way to go before being compared to JT and the like.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
I think Boyd could have played to the whistle and made a play at the ball or at least pressured radradardara more. Then it wouldn't even be an argument.

Absolutely, they should have tackled him not stopped assuming a drop.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
When Milford received the ball on the 3rd tackle late in the match after scoring points I thought "here we go, he's going to boot it down field as far as he can, that's what Locky would do" but what did he do? He tried to run through them and dropped the ball which lead to another Eels try. I feel that sums up our ultimate problem. We don't have a game manager. (aside from having Pillows for forwards...Webcke, Carroll and Civa are rolling over in their footballing graves)

I thought Milf was one of our best tonight, behind Glenn and McGuire - but he still has a LONG way to go before being compared to JT and the like.

I don't agree that, that example was a fair indication of Milford's game management. We were down by heaps and needed to score, so I was fine with him taking that option at that point in the match, would have been nice if could have held onto it though for sure though.

I agree he is still working on his game managment but I don't think it is that bad.

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
Couldn't agree more.
Just like he did when he slapped Jennings as he ran past him to score - would it hurt you to dive and at least look like you're trying to stop him from scoring. It probably won't make any difference, but it might. Think Guerra in Origin I, Dugan last week when Oates knocked it out. The little extra efforts sometimes make the difference.
You're the captain for Christ's sake - show some desperation!!!

B

bingale16

NYC Player
May 11, 2015
Milford can throw long balls usually pretty well.

I've only ever Nikorima throw one successful long ball from memory and it was from right to left and not left to right which would be to the side of Roberts and Kahu.

Ive seen them throw cut outs, but not a good spiral like Pearce or DCE.

Dee

Dee

QCup Player
Apr 30, 2010
I woke up today and honestly feel worse than I did last night. What a nightmare that game was.

What I see from our boys is so incredibly frustrating because I truly believe we have a team this season that can win the premiership, no doubts at all about that. But, they are just so inconsistent with their attitude that you just don't know what they are going to dish out and as a fan, it's a real bumpy and frustrating ride.

One week, they are defending like their lives depended on it, playing for one another, not giving away silly penalties, not making low percentage plays such as offloading on the 1st tackle of the game inside our 10 metre line etc. They play confidently throwing the ball around but also structured and disciplined, you can see they believe in what they are doing and we comprehensively beat teams. Then the next week, we dish up what we did last night. No enthusiasm in defence, not playing for each other, giving away penalties, silly offloads, knock ons etc. Just look really disinterested and like they don't want to even be there in front of their home crowd.

We got well and truly bullied last night and we couldn't respond. We had everything to play for and we got absolutely smashed. I just don't get these guys, I don't understand where their heads are at. What are they thinking? What are they doing? It's so sad to watch your team get bent over and dominated in every facet of the game. From metres gained, to line breaks, to missing more tackles, to tries scored etc. We were pathetic last night, there's no avoiding it and we are TWO WEEKS out from playing finals footy.

The signs were there against the Dragons. We looked disinterested at times, we looked flat with no intensity but we did just enough to get the win. And that's our attitude most times, we play to the level of our opposition and do JUST enough to win and we're all happy. It's not good enough this time of year. Yes we are 2nd but how in the hell can we dish that up last night and still be called contenders?

I just don't know what to expect from our boys this season, I truly don't know if we are good enough to win the premiership or if we are truly pretenders. I know for certain that when we turn it on, and we play to our potential and play for each other then there is no team that can stop us. Yes we can beat the Storm and we can absolutely win the comp. But, on the other hand, do we really want to win the premiership? Are we hungry for it? At times I can say yes, most times I say no, and I just don't know anymore. It's frustrating. Us fans look forward every week to see our boys play to their potential and the inconsistency is killing me.

Thoughts?

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
On the Radradadradradrada bobble, imo, the first was a juggle the second was a deliberate tap up over the D. It was called try on field so how do you prove that the second contact was deliberate. It had to be called try.

I was really impressed with how the Eels formed their shape on second phase. Any time they got a late off load with some width to work with they all just form up and run the block shape no matter who the player is. It's hard to stop if you are one short already.

The video refs look at virtually one replay now before a decision. Now I don't want to come off as a conspiracy theorist, but it's almost like they've been instructed to speed the process up. The game needs to just make the right decisions, forget about the time it takes or penalty counts, just referee play by play.

The on field ref also seemed reluctant to ever go upstairs as well, which resulted in a howler.

Edit: Bennett didn't seem worried in the presser. I reckon he expected something like this before the finals either through the training he's put them through to get ready for big games, or just mental fatigue.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
I woke up today and honestly feel worse than I did last night. What a nightmare that game was.

What I see from our boys is so incredibly frustrating because I truly believe we have a team this season that can win the premiership, no doubts at all about that. But, they are just so inconsistent with their attitude that you just don't know what they are going to dish out and as a fan, it's a real bumpy and frustrating ride.

One week, they are defending like their lives depended on it, playing for one another, not giving away silly penalties, not making low percentage plays such as offloading on the 1st tackle of the game inside our 10 metre line etc. They play confidently throwing the ball around but also structured and disciplined, you can see they believe in what they are doing and we comprehensively beat teams. Then the next week, we dish up what we did last night. No enthusiasm in defence, not playing for each other, giving away penalties, silly offloads, knock ons etc. Just look really disinterested and like they don't want to even be there in front of their home crowd.

We got well and truly bullied last night and we couldn't respond. We had everything to play for and we got absolutely smashed. I just don't get these guys, I don't understand where their heads are at. What are they thinking? What are they doing? It's so sad to watch your team get bent over and dominated in every facet of the game. From metres gained, to line breaks, to missing more tackles, to tries scored etc. We were pathetic last night, there's no avoiding it and we are TWO WEEKS out from playing finals footy.

The signs were there against the Dragons. We looked disinterested at times, we looked flat with no intensity but we did just enough to get the win. And that's our attitude most times, we play to the level of our opposition and do JUST enough to win and we're all happy. It's not good enough this time of year. Yes we are 2nd but how in the hell can we dish that up last night and still be called contenders?

I just don't know what to expect from our boys this season, I truly don't know if we are good enough to win the premiership or if we are truly pretenders. I know for certain that when we turn it on, and we play to our potential and play for each other then there is no team that can stop us. Yes we can beat the Storm and we can absolutely win the comp. But, on the other hand, do we really want to win the premiership? Are we hungry for it? At times I can say yes, most times I say no, and I just don't know anymore. It's frustrating. Us fans look forward every week to see our boys play to their potential and the inconsistency is killing me.

Thoughts?

If we scrap a dirty win or god forbid even lose to a cowboys team missing their stars then it's gonna be a really really tough task to make some noise in the finals. We have the team to make a run in the finals but statistically you don't do that well going into the playoffs conceding 50 points and then losing to a reserve grade team.

It's a massive week coming up and I pray the boys switch on because it's go time.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
Look, I'm biased as the leader of his fan club and I know he didn't have his best game but behind a pack that has the impact of a snail hitting a wall at speed, what was he supposed to do last night? Name one non-JT or Cronk halfback he would have been able to do anything.

Cronk's never been in that position because he plays for the Storm (as either cap cheats, or with a squad they've been able to keep through cheating. So they've never had a truly shit pack performance), qld, and Australia. Jt wouldn't have been able to do anything either, as evidenced by his multiple seasons with the cows where they've finished close to last.

Smith and locky would have woken the boys up after the first **** up. My god I wish we got Smith when he was virtually signed, funny how a "chat" with Bellamy changed his mind.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Boyd does not deserve a 1mil a season contract.

well go thing he isn't getting a 1 million a season contract.

and one poor game doesn't mean he isn't one of our most valuable players.

in fact i can count on one hand the amount of poor performances he has had since returning for the 2015 season (i doubt i would even use my whole hand either)

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
We just weren't at the races last night, no one really wanted to dig in save for a few individuals. Boyd had a shocker, I thought a poignant moment was when he fumbled the ball out of touch in the first half and got pushed over my Moereoa or someone, he just meekly got up and walked away.

I thought to myself, is that the body language you want to be showing as captain to the rest of your side? You're literally getting pushed around on and off the ball, and your response is to skulk away like an animal that's been defeated in a mating ritual, tail between the legs. Not exactly inspiring or motivating to the rest of the side.

Out-enthused in every aspect of play. No team has won the premiership after conceding 50 points in the regular season.......

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
We just weren't at the races last night, no one really wanted to dig in save for a few individuals. Boyd had a shocker, I thought a poignant moment was when he fumbled the ball out of touch in the first half and got pushed over my Moereoa or someone, he just meekly got up and walked away.

I thought to myself, is that the body language you want to be showing as captain to the rest of your side? You're literally getting pushed around on and off the ball, and your response is to skulk away like an animal that's been defeated in a mating ritual, tail between the legs. Not exactly inspiring or motivating to the rest of the side.

Out-enthused in every aspect of play. No team has won the premiership after conceding 50 points in the regular season.......

He must of had something going on at home.. maybe argument with the mrs, that always saps your energy and motivation. He was not at the game at all last night. Hopefully he sorts out whatever was bothering him.

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
Yeah...calm the **** down.

It's one loss. We have lost before...we will lose again. That's football.

I'm looking forward to the semi's.
Any true fan isn't concerned that we lose - it's how we lose that is concerning.

Beaten by a better team - acceptable.
Beaten because of poor refereeing - acceptable (well, moderately).
Beaten because of poor luck - acceptable.
Beaten because your attitude stinks and, aside from a few, you don't put in the effort or seem to care when there is so much at stake - that's the bitter pill to swallow.

It certainly shouldn't be panic stations yet, but as far as I am concerned there is simply no excuse for dishing up tripe like last night. Only a few can hold their heads high, the rest should feel ashamed. To make matters worse, this happened only 3 weeks ago against the same team - last night should never have been a surprise.

As you say, we will lose games again, every team does. But what separates us from, and I hate to say it, the winners like Melbourne, is attitude. Melbourne are ruthless and seem to have clones of Cronk, Slater and Smith sitting, waiting to take over when they retire. Aside from the Manly GF where they were blasted by 40 (a lot of that has to do with stealing victory the week before from us), I can't remember the last time Melbourne turned it up like we did last night - it is just not in their DNA.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013

Time to set another record then.....

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013

We helped set a couple of records last night.

Why not one more?

Unread

Active Now

• lynx000
  • TimWhatley
  • Robboi_321
  • Wolfie
  • Stix
  • Mr Fourex
  • Morkel
  • Sproj
  • Bucking Beads
  • Strop
  • Justwin
  • broncsgoat
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.