Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

B

Brotherdu

NRL Player
Feb 20, 2017
Well, that was a shocker. I got the impression that everyone was so keyed up to 'Teach those Eels a lesson' after the drubbing they gave us last time that we forgot what had been working for us. Hold onto the ball for the first 20, keep it tight, then play some footy.

A few observations -

• Our senior players apart from a couple, were really bad. Boyd, Blair and Thaiday were loose and set the tone for everyone else to.
  • We were out thought........again. They threw the ball around at every opportunity and our defense couldn't adapt.
  • Someone needs to pull Boyd aside and have a gentle word in his ear about how to be a leader. Step 1, don't be a whiny bitch every time you get tackled, have some intensity and focus on rallying your troops. Worst game I've seen from him in a long time...........that cut out pass for Mead was a beauty though.
  • We failed to do the basics like get to the end of your set after a try (3 or 4 times).
  • I didn't notice Hunt's or Niko's running game much. Niko had a couple of decent kicks from memory, but that was about it.
  • Moose and Oates tried their hearts our. Oates got some seriously poor service and camp up with some errors, but hard to blame him.
  • Roberts seems to drop his head pretty easily when the team is struggling, i.e. we go behind early and then Radrada makes a break and he either decides to not chase, or assumes someone else will be. We certainly weren't playing for each other at certain times.

The only positive I can see from this game is hopefully it shows the players that we aren't so hot and still need to knuckle down and not believe the hype (the Eels lost after beating us last time). We've won a couple of games on the trot against out of form teams and still have a lot of work to do. This might be the embarrassment we need................and they really should be embarrassed.

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
Well, that was a shocker. I got the impression that everyone was so keyed up to 'Teach those Eels a lesson' after the drubbing they gave us last time that we forgot what had been working for us. Hold onto the ball for the first 20, keep it tight, then play some footy.

A few observations -

• Our senior players apart from a couple, were really bad. Boyd, Blair and Thaiday were loose and set the tone for everyone else to.
  • We were out thought........again. They threw the ball around at every opportunity and our defense couldn't adapt.
  • Someone needs to pull Boyd aside and have a gentle word in his ear about how to be a leader. Step 1, don't be a whiny bitch every time you get tackled, have some intensity and focus on rallying your troops. Worst game I've seen from him in a long time...........that cut out pass for Mead was a beauty though.
  • We failed to do the basics like get to the end of your set after a try (3 or 4 times).
  • I didn't notice Hunt's or Niko's running game much. Niko had a couple of decent kicks from memory, but that was about it.
  • Moose and Oates tried their hearts our. Oates got some seriously poor service and camp up with some errors, but hard to blame him.
  • Roberts seems to drop his head pretty easily when the team is struggling, i.e. we go behind early and then Radrada makes a break and he either decides to not chase, or assumes someone else will be. We certainly weren't playing for each other at certain times.

The only positive I can see from this game is hopefully it shows the players that we aren't so hot and still need to knuckle down and not believe the hype (the Eels lost after beating us last time). We've won a couple of games on the trot against out of form teams and still have a lot of work to do. This might be the embarrassment we need................and they really should be embarrassed.
I'm glad I'm not the only one getting sick of Boyd crying foul every time someone holds down. Yes, more often than not he has a case, but I'm yet to see a ref change their mind because a player simply had a cry about it. Reminds me too much of Gallen, and I loathe Gallen.
All it achieves is to slow any momentum we have, it needs to stop.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
BroncosScores

Mightybroncs2k17

Mightybroncs2k17

NRL Player
Jan 15, 2017
Not going to make any excuses for tonight we just didn't turn up. It seems to be something that happens to most teams two or three times a year where everything you do turns to shit and everything the opposition does turns to gold. To me the biggest concern is that this will harm our confidence and momentum.

I think the best thing from here would be a recovery session today and a quick review of the game then put it behind us and move on to next week. If we put up a similar performance next week I'd say all hands to panic stations but at this stage I'd just write last night off and move on.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
What's everyone's thoughts on the Radrada "fumble over the top" try? What is the actual rule in this situation? Need to look at it again but it appeared like he batted it up to gain an advantage over a defender. Didn't think you could do that.

I think he bobbled it. But I mean, can you throw it forward and catch it in the air 10 or 20M up field? Don't think so. Basically a forward pass to himself as far as I'm concerned.

Dash

Dash

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Dec 12, 2014
I think he bobbled it. But I mean, can you throw it forward and catch it in the air 10 or 20M up field? Don't think so. Basically a forward pass to himself as far as I'm concerned.
It was a legitimate bobble, but I'm on the fence on whether the second tap on was deliberate or not.

The thing that shits me most about that try, is that when he initially fumbled the ball, the 2 players going in for the tackle let him run straight past to regather, instead of sitting him on his backside.

M

MrTickyM

QCup Player
Oct 3, 2015
Anyone else thinking this is a plan to get us in the prime premiership winning position of 3rd?

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
What's everyone's thoughts on the Radrada "fumble over the top" try? What is the actual rule in this situation? Need to look at it again but it appeared like he batted it up to gain an advantage over a defender. Didn't think you could do that.

For me he batted it over McGuire on purpose.

Should have been a penalty.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
It was a legitimate bobble, but I'm on the fence on whether the second tap on was deliberate or not.

The thing that shits me most about that try, is that when he initially fumbled the ball, the 2 players going in for the tackle let him run straight past to regather, instead of sitting him on his backside.

This.

There wasn't much intensity from our boys when things started going against us.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008

Judging by last week and the Sharks/Cowboys call, it would have been a penalty to the Eels...

Don't worry, it pissed me off as well. Well and truly game over at that point...

B

Broncs_Fan

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2015
I'm glad I'm not the only one getting sick of Boyd crying foul every time someone holds down. Yes, more often than not he has a case, but I'm yet to see a ref change their mind because a player simply had a cry about it. Reminds me too much of Gallen, and I loathe Gallen.
All it achieves is to slow any momentum we have, it needs to stop.

I hate when Boyd gets tackled on our line and then gets up and whinges about the tackle - it makes it doubly hard for the guy who has to take the next run which is a tough run anyway. Just play the ball ffs!

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Now that Thursday is long gone it can be said that we definitely beat ourselves. Our ball handling was disgusting. Not getting to a kick from a kick off after points is just asking for the trouble and the eels punished us for it each time. Each time the broncos sank further into muddy waters. The stats in the end were pretty even

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
That was deflating ! Blair and boyd were shocking . The fast and aggressive in your face style of parra rattles us . Their halves always take on the line , with players in motion. Kodi is going backwards imo he had a few nice kicks , but he is going missing to often. Bad time of year to have a game like that.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Kodi is going backwards imo he had a few nice kicks , but he is going missing to often.

Look, I'm biased as the leader of his fan club and I know he didn't have his best game but behind a pack that has the impact of a snail hitting a wall at speed, what was he supposed to do last night? Name one non-JT or Cronk halfback he would have been able to do anything.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
I hate when Boyd gets tackled on our line and then gets up and whinges about the tackle - it makes it doubly hard for the guy who has to take the next run which is a tough run anyway. Just play the ball ffs!

When he is lifted and carried backwards, a clear penalty, in front of the ref it is warranted. Particularly early in the game like that with the Eels all full of themselves a penalty then is huge.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Look, I'm biased as the leader of his fan club and I know he didn't have his best game but behind a pack that has the impact of a snail hitting a wall at speed, what was he supposed to do last night? Name one non-JT or Cronk halfback he would have been able to do anything.

I thought Milford had a reasonable game

B

bingale16

NYC Player
May 11, 2015
Boyd does not deserve a 1mil a season contract.
One thing lacking in both Milf and Kodi game is their passing game. They cant throw long balls, just lollipops. No spiral to it.
Think we needed that to get us back to earth, we had 2 big wins and everyone was getting ahead of themselves. We need to beat Cowboys for a top 4. That wont be easy as well. But we can bounce back.
If we held onto the ball, we would have been in it. But lost to much ball especially after scoring points.
Eels were too good for us again on the night, they looked much more structured and clinical. They try close to HT was a great move and was like a dagger.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
On the Radradadradradrada bobble, imo, the first was a juggle the second was a deliberate tap up over the D. It was called try on field so how do you prove that the second contact was deliberate. It had to be called try.

I was really impressed with how the Eels formed their shape on second phase. Any time they got a late off load with some width to work with they all just form up and run the block shape no matter who the player is. It's hard to stop if you are one short already.

Unread

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Fozz
  • bb_gun
  • Foordy
  • FACTHUNT
  • I bleed Maroon
  • winslow_wong
  • KickHaas
  • davidp
  • Broncorob
  • Culhwch
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.