POST GAME Round 25 - Broncos vs Eels

back to someones earlier comment about having a dynamic fullback/half sniffing around looking for a break and having the speed to make something happen when he sees the chance...
I can't remember the last time we had a fullback that played that role, Bennett seems to like ball playing fullbacks. Which isn't necessarily wrong.

What irks me though is that we have, who most would consider to be, the most dynamic, elusive and fastest player catching nothing but a cold at right centre. Surely he can be given permission to sniff around the ruck if we're simply not going to go any wider than Gillett in attack...

Last edited:
funny thing is, that offload goes to a Bronco who makes a break in the first seconds and we're all cheering how this new plan is working a treat...

No-one offloads on the first tackle from a kick start for a good reason. It is idiotic and that's what tonight was. Wanna play prop, well be prepared to do the tough stuff and not cat it up like he has been doing for the last 3 years we have been pretending he is a quality prop forward.

I can't remember the last time we had a fullback that played that role, Bennett seems to like ball playing fullbacks. Which isn't necessarily wrong.

What irks me though is that we have, who most would consider to be, the most dynamic, elusive and fast player catching nothing but a cold at right centre. Surely he can be given permission to sniff around the ruck if we're simply not going to go any wider than Gillett in attack...

Yas. Roberts sniffing around the ruck would make any opposition forward piss themselves.

You can see that Brad Arthur has studied our last two games and worked out very quickly how to pull it apart. Speed, aggression and making the opponent hesitate out of fear of screwing up and making things even worse or getting hit hard when they didn't expect it.
Yes we scored over 30
Yes they scored over 50
composure and attitude was the real difference tonight
we kept trying while never really looking like we knew what to do for the whole game, not just moments of brilliance...

This.

What do our coaching staff do to earn their pay, and as I ask that question, I re-live tonight's game from go to thankful whoa. I'll say it again. Damn I miss Kevvie Walters as our real on field coach

This.

What do our coaching staff do to earn their pay, and as I ask that question, I re-live tonight's game from go to thankful whoa. I'll say it again. Damn I miss Kevvie Walters as our real on field coach
I honestly thought we were going to flatten them after our last outing.

Yas. Roberts sniffing around the ruck would make any opposition forward piss themselves.
Even if he doesn't get the ball, the fact he is there provides opportunities and space for other fleet footed players like Milford and Nikorima because the defence is so concerned that he may.
Anyway, just so frustrating to watch. We seem to have forgotten he's out there over the last month. I could stomach it IF we dominated in a forward-centric game played primarily in the middle third. But we didn't, we got all-but manhandled through the forwards tonight and relied too much on flashy, low percentage play. It didn't work tonight and when it doesn't, to be fair - it looks pretty awful.

Even if he doesn't get the ball, the fact he is there provides opportunities and space for other fleet footed players like Milford and Nikorima because the defence is so concerned that he may.
Anyway, just so frustrating to watch. We seem to have forgotten he's out there over the last month. I could stomach it IF we dominated in a forward-centric game played primarily in the middle third. But we didn't, we got all-but manhandled through the forwards tonight and relied too much on flashy, low percentage play. It didn't work tonight and when it doesn't, to be fair - it looks pretty awful.
That said, if we had 13 McGuire's on the field, we would never lack intensity or desire - that bloke is relentless.
He and Milford played more like captains tonight than poor old Boyd - a game to forget from him.

I had Kirisome Auva'a and David Mead in my footy doubles. 5 and 5.

I walked out at 24-0, half way to the train station and then David Mead scores.

I walked back to the stadium and had to wait outside the gate until half time for the guy that does the footy doubles to come back. They brought him to the gate, I got my $100.

Only highlight of the night.

Now Mead can **** off to England for all I care.

If we are to win the premiership, one of our props needs to be our MVP from here on in. Just need to make space for Milford.

Can anyone explain to me why Roberts did not chase Radradra when he scored his first try?

Fastest man in the league. Does not chase him.

If we were just going to turn up with that attitude and piss that game away, I'd have been all for moving Jimmy Roberts to 1 and Boyd to right centre for the second half just to see how we looked with that combo (ala the Hunt and Hodges Switch in 2006) Roberts would have finally got some ball and space then and would have run the ball back with some heart. Darius then could chime in and do the only thing he seems to be good at at the moment and that's hitting the winger on the chest.

If we were just going to turn up with that attitude and piss that game away, I'd have been all for moving Jimmy Roberts to 1 and Boyd to right centre for the second half just to see how we looked with that combo (ala the Hunt and Hodges Switch in 2006) Roberts would have finally got some ball and space then and would have run the ball back with some heart. Darius then could chime in and do the only thing he seems to be good at at the moment and that's hitting the winger on the chest.

I assume you missed Boyd passing to our winger tonight?

Hitting him on the foot was more like it...

Can anyone explain to me why Roberts did not chase Radradra when he scored his first try?

Fastest man in the league. Does not chase him.

Yeh I noticed that at the time and watched it in the replay and thought he seemed to fade quickly from the play

GKDonkey said earlier, something along the lines of - If we are to win these last 2 rounds before the finals it may be bad news, (as in we are due a loss). Better to get it out the way now than in the finals.

Still, it sux to be pumped convincingly twice in a row by the Eels... They better hope we don't meet up again, because we will have them next time no doubts about it. They aint no Storm.

The premiership is ours to win fellas. I actually couldn't give much of a shit about the game tonight now.

It's all go from here.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Tim K
  • simplythebest
  • Cavalo
  • johnny plath
  • Manofoneway
  • Gaz
  • Xzei
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Harry Sack
  • Waynesaurus
  • Robboi_321
  • Old Mate
  • ostin86
  • theshed
  • bert_lifts
  • LGH
  • broncoscope
  • broncsgoat
  • FACTHUNT
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.