Round 25 - Broncos vs. Knights - Post Match Discussion

i think the point is missed with thaiday. 1- he shouldnt be captain, sure, but 2- his form is crap because he plays 80 minutes. HE IS NOT AN 80 MINUTE PLAYER AND NEVER WILL BE. if he played 45-50 mins he'd be the player he should be for us. that 30 mins of CRAP you get from him is the 30 mins he should be off hte field.

WHY CANT WE USE A BENCH

Ben Hunt did play well, so what if he dropped the ball once? And Lachlan played awesome. Any update on Macca's injury?

we call that period of a game "Wallace time".

I think you're a little tough on Wallace. We had, what, 3 sets on their line and couldn't convert, then Newcastle get a penalty and score. I can't see how Wallace is to blame there.

That's true. Wallace did play a bit better than usual

I think you're a little tough on Wallace. We had, what, 3 sets on their line and couldn't convert, then Newcastle get a penalty and score. I can't see how Wallace is to blame there.

Poor attacking creativity from dummy half?

Hunt actually played well. Prince was running he show but he was instrumental in a few of our movements. He got a few repeat sets. He defended well. And then we had no attacking position for the rest of the game.

Hunt actually played well. Prince was running he show but he was instrumental in a few of our movements. He got a few repeat sets. He defended well. And then we had no attacking position for the rest of the game.

Hunt did play well although he looked like he hurt himself a bit

i think the point is missed with thaiday. 1- he shouldnt be captain, sure, but 2- his form is crap because he plays 80 minutes. HE IS NOT AN 80 MINUTE PLAYER AND NEVER WILL BE. if he played 45-50 mins he'd be the player he should be for us. that 30 mins of CRAP you get from him is the 30 mins he should be off hte field.

WHY CANT WE USE A BENCH

I'll tell you why, it's because our bench has no stamina and are dumb as dog shit. Like I said against the Panthers, when Lui & Tasi came on, they were making an awesome 1-2 combination, running hard & tackling hard. 5 minutes later, they both fall asleep and allow Segs to stroll over. It's been the same story with Hala, and we all know that Anderson is right up there too. Dodds has been better to an extent, but similarly was the one who fell asleep to let in the try against the Rooters (and has done the same a couple of times).

On the positive, if the signing of Kennedy eventually happens, he is good for a solid 40 - 50 minutes of game time, and so long as he can keep his penalties down, should play very similar to McGuire.

**** you Sam Thaiday, you fat piece of shit. **** you for having to get a captaincy thrown at you in order to stay with the team that's given you everything. And then go and repay it week after week with lazy, dumb, pointless shit. Never learning from giving away cheap penalties, eventually giving two penalties away in a row, when you were warned that the next one would be a send-off. The team looked fucking better without you there, but they had their energy sapped, with the opposition eventually scoring because you, you fat piece of shit, after letting the team down so badly, were slack as shit out of marker and allowed the opposition through.

You don't deserve the captaincy, you don't even deserve a fucken Broncos jersey. Just **** you.

Despite your over zealous post I definitely liked it. I haven't been happy with Thaiday ever really. When he had that one stand out year I was like "He's finally improving and might just be a good player" then he backed it up with two of the worst years I have seen. What really disappoints me is that we will probably be stuck with him for his entire playing career. The best that we can hope for is for him to lose his captaincy, which will probably after next year where we will continue our poor form (especially if Barba loses his contract if the allegations become true).

I think we've had worse Broncos teams take the field but the difference has been we've always had a Lockyer or a Langer to make the difference when we needed it.

I think you are probably right, but I think there is another reason why besides the lack of a Lockyer or Langer. We are too unfit, we are not moving off the line quicker enough and we miss way too many tackles. Our average miss tackles a game are up in the hight 30's for crying out loud. We are just not putting in the effort for the full 80mins and I have no idea why. Here's a guess, neither does the coach, he's clueless on how to fix the team. I think Kearney's track record would indicate he has no idea either, our defense is probably the worst it's even been with him at the helm.

Active Now

• dirtyharry
  • Foordy
  • broncos4life
  • Johnny92
  • Organix
  • Santa
  • Aldo
  • Mister Wright
  • Fozz
  • MrTickyMcG
  • lynx000
  • Strop
  • winslow_wong
  • The True King
  • marw
  • Behold
  • Cavalo
  • Bish
  • Turky Murky
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.