Round 25 Discussion

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
The problem is, teams shouldn't be allowed to get away with the amount of niggle the Bulldogs engaged in. It was a blatant tactic tonight and it worked a treat, made the match a lot closer than what it should have been but really, the Dogs were lucky to keep 13 on the field for the entire duration.

They really need to make a stand now and send out the warning that they're aware that teams are going to try and push the boundaries in the ruck and they're not going to have any of it.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
They shouldn't be allowed to, but I can't see it changing any time soon.

I think if the NRL want it out of the game, they need to give out harsh penalties for teams that do it. Ever since they brought in the automatic sin bin for punches, we very rarely see any thrown. Before then, there were punches thrown every week.

A ban on wrestling coaches could also work.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
The refs are so weak. It's quite amazing tbh. It's like watching them not discipline a child.

"If you do that again there will be no dessert for you"

Kid does it

"Ok, you Can only have half your dessert"

Kid does it some more

"That's it you can have your dessert but no cream... Here have some cream"

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
The problem is, teams shouldn't be allowed to get away with the amount of niggle the Bulldogs engaged in. It was a blatant tactic tonight and it worked a treat, made the match a lot closer than what it should have been but really, the Dogs were lucky to keep 13 on the field for the entire duration.

They really need to make a stand now and send out the warning that they're aware that teams are going to try and push the boundaries in the ruck and they're not going to have any of it.

This. As everyone heard in the commentary, the ref actually said "I know what he's doing and you're reacting exactly as he wants you too...." If you can see him doing it, talk to him ffs. They were very lucky to keep 13 on the field and yet, Des still says the reffing was terrible.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
Who knew that I'd ever be nervous for a Knights v Eels game? Cmon Knights.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
Nice start Newcastle you spastics. At least you can rely on Norman to shut down any attacking opportunity.

EDIT: Get fucked.

Last edited:
ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
Just a terrible start from Newcastle.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Woot.

Good scrum play and my man Sione scores in the corner.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Argh looks like the Newcastle knights kicker has a case of Parkeritis

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
Norman playing a better game for the Broncos in eels colours than he ever did in ours.

EDIT: Fucking lol at the commentators comparing Sandow's 'defence' to Thurston. **** me the eels have some talked up players.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
They have one.

Wayne just never selects him to kick.

#SVRLproblems

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
LOL one shoe on and still scores, dodgy pass though.

Active Now

• Battler
  • Aldo
  • bert_lifts
  • mrslong
  • Allo
  • Bronx48
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • thenry
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • Galco
  • MrMoore
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Pablo
  • Waynesaurus
  • Strop
  • Manofoneway
  • I bleed Maroon
  • winslow_wong
  • GCBRONCO
... and 31 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.