Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Great win! Our forwards really stood up against their big pack and our little fast men took advantage of the offloads and cut them to pieces in the middle.

Credit goes to Blair he was great, after a poor start to the year he is really building towards the business end of the season.

Our strength is definitely the offload, if we make sure we have the fast small guys following Parker and Blair we can cause some real havoc particularly against those bigger forward packs.

Wayne has certainly got the boys believing.

That was absolutely worth watching again!! I loved seeing the support every time we made a break...except for Glenn. Milford was always sniffing around and just knew where to be every time.

^^^^^ Everyone watch that press conference. Now concentrate on Hodges for the first 20 seconds. Tell me that he's not just coming out of an acid trip and is trying to work out where the **** he is?!?!?

That was absolutely worth watching again!! I loved seeing the support every time we made a break...except for Glenn. Milford was always sniffing around and just knew where to be every time.

Haha. It was funny watching Glenn. First the break wondering who would be there in support...no one... bumping out of a few tackles again looking for support but still no one there. I guess no one expected Glenn to break even the first tackle let alone a couple more.

Also I noticed Wallace and Dodds were used out wide later in the game. They werent used to having it so easy. Wallace made a huge drive while Dodds made some good metres despite tripping over himself.

Giving up so many metres still seems way too gnarly, it's a lot of ground to make up in the hope that something luckily pays off or an error is made.

We seem to bend not break

You need to widen your reading; start with the coaching thread.

You need to stop trying to have a crack at me. I know what I said, you know what I said, stop trying to make it something it's not. End of.

Ive not seen anyone say this up until now when you said it.

Either have I. If anything the Walker brothers appear to have the league world intrigued.

Seriously though, can we not let personal peeves and hyperbole distract this thread from what was probably our most complete win of the season thus far?

You need to stop trying to have a crack at me. I know what I said, you know what I said, stop trying to make it something it's not. End of.

Not just you; you are certainly one of the loudest haters of it but not on your own.

You said it couldn't be used in the NRL and questioned the coaching skills. You made accusations about Jets' players not caring and just playing touch with no plan.

You're right I do know what you said.

Seriously though, can we not let personal peeves and hyperbole distract this thread from what was probably our most complete win of the season thus far?

I am celebrating a great try and great coaching.

"When teams kick off, why does everybody kick it 40-50m for a halfback to catch it and give it to a rampaging front-rower, who's then going to career into some of their finest?"

Shane Walker.

Good to see those weekly chats, training sessions and going to Jets' games has Benny paying attention. Straight from the Jets' book that second try. Spread it along the line from kick offs because teams chase the ball and the opposite side has space.

Coaching skills..............It'll never work!

Looks more like Bennett learned that one from Anthony Griffin, mate.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the best game I've seen from the Broncos so far, however Broncos still need to improve their ruck defence. Opposition teams are taking advantage of Broncos inability to slow the play of the ball and gaining too many cheap metres. I understand that they're not a wrestling type of defenders, that's fair enough but they can at least mimic what Brad Thorn use to do and use his body weight to stack on to the opponent/defender for at least 1-2 seconds longer to slow the ruck play.

One of the best game I've seen from the Broncos so far, however Broncos still need to improve their ruck defence. Opposition teams are taking advantage of Broncos inability to slow the play of the ball and gaining too many cheap metres. I understand that they're not a wrestling type of defenders, that's fair enough but they can at least mimic what Brad Thorn use to do and use his body weight to stack on to the opponent/defender for at least 1-2 seconds longer to slow the ruck play.

We can't. If we try and slow down the ruck, the refs will penalize us in a heartbeat while they ignore the Sydney darlings doing the same thing.

Grade 1 shoulder charge for Luke. Two weeks with an early plea.

We can't. If we try and slow down the ruck, the refs will penalize us in a heartbeat while they ignore the Sydney darlings doing the same thing.

If you watch the bunnies defence last night, they usually have a second player stacking on top of their first defender. You can get away with it.
In the first half of the season, I thought their defence was much better because they "hit and stick" their tackles into the opponent.

Unread

Active Now

• Santa
  • Lostboy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Mr Fourex
  • The Strapper
  • Stix
  • bert_lifts
  • Bucking Beads
  • Financeguy
  • phoenix
  • Dash
  • Jedhead
  • FACTHUNT
  • kiwibronco
  • Skyblues87
  • BroncosAlways
  • Big Del
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.