Round 25 - Sea Eagles vs Broncos - Post Match Discussion

I think we really just suffer from a lack of combinations. I can't name a single duo in our team that have a good understanding of each other and have a chemistry that improves our team. The Stewart brothers have it, The Storm 3 have it, Barba and just about everyone have it. The only two players who had that are Yow Yeh and Hodges, and obviously that's gone for the year.
Hunt and Wallace? Lol.

I don't even want to talk about it. That game was just dreadful and horrible to watch. Such a shit season.

We've scored more than 20 points twice since R14. One of those we lost anyhow, that's pretty dismal.

We've scored more than 20 points twice since R14. One of those we lost anyhow, that's pretty dismal.

That stat just shows how utterly pathetic we are in attack and how pathetically crap Wallace has been.

As I said at halftime we put all our effort in the Bulldogs/Storm games, so we didn't have anything left in the tank for this game. Not taking anything away from Manly their defence was awesome but we let them off too easy with handling errors, dropballs and such.

Scoreline didn't reflect the game, we were dominated right from the get go.

If I wasn't a broncos fan they would be the last team of the 16 in the comp id try and watch each week

We were excellent defensively tonight, Manly weren't because we didn't ask them enough questions for them to make big defensive plays. Manly have regularly put 30 on sides in the last 2 years in first halves like the one they were playing tonight but we held firm and defended well. To hold an attacking team of that quality to 16 is a good result however scoring 0 for 79:59 of a game is not a good result.

As I said at halftime we put all our effort in the Bulldogs/Storm games, so we didn't have anything left in the tank for this game.

Not having a go at you.

IMO: That's BS.

Last week we had a 7 day turn around, Manly had 5.

Manly last week had no bench left after half time.

We should have been at least competitive.

Confidence is more important than a turn around.

We were excellent defensively tonight, Manly weren't because we didn't ask them enough questions for them to make big defensive plays. Manly have regularly put 30 on sides in the last 2 years in first halves like the one they were playing tonight but we held firm and defended well. To hold an attacking team of that quality to 16 is a good result however scoring 0 for 79:59 of a game is not a good result.

Fair comment and I agree. But where has that spark suddenly gone which we showed against the Dogs and Storm. Why back to that one-out sh*t - no passing game? Grrrrrr

Unfortunately it's a real step backwards from the last two weeks. Manly were great in the first half and didn't give us a sniff but like most games we had our chances but just couldn't get anything cooking in attack. At the moment the high kick to the wingers looks like the 'go to' play with not much else in our arsenal.

I'm half hoping the Panthers put us out of our misery next Friday night. We'd be cannon fodder in the finals and I don't want to suffer the ignominy of losing potentially 8 in a row. Need to start afresh for next year. Lots of potential but so much work to do in the off season.

If the Tigers, Titans and Knights win by enough, the Broncos will be 11th by the end of this weekend ...

Unread

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.