Round 25 - Sea Eagles vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thaiday has had a disappointing season but some are laying the boot in.

Seems like a lot of people get off on that sort of thing though. Don't hear a peep unless we're losing.

It would be kind of an asshole thing to complain about a team that's winning. Who doesn't save it for when their team is losing?

Thaiday has had a disappointing season but some are laying the boot in.

Seems like a lot of people get off on that sort of thing though. Don't hear a peep unless we're losing.

His not the only player who has copped it this season carrying injuries......didn't hear anyone bitch about that.

shoulder ... anyone who's played rugby in either code will appreciate how difficult it would be to play balls to the wall with a shoulder you're not 110% confident in ...

yeh well my problem's not so much with him, hes putting his hand up to play as captain. But why the **** is he being played injured, its not like hes had any sort of impact this season

Last edited:
is Yow Yeh's recovery somewhat on track after not setting properly and having another operation ? God we need his flair and pace badly

Oink !
He will come back a shadow of his former self

I'm talking about generally. These posters barely post when we're going well, but all to quick to sink the boot in and suggest all these changes when things go south.

I'm talking about generally. These posters barely post when we're going well, but all to quick to sink the boot in and suggest all these changes when things go south.

Yeah but its not like Thaiday should be the exception to the rule, other players have copped it but Thaiday should be exempt?

Not really seeing how Thaiday was any worse than most.

Josh McGuire and Petro were pretty hugely crap also.

I didn't say that.

I just said it's OTT a lot of the time when it comes to Sam.

Oh definitely, he wasnt the only player out there who was pathetic that I agree with, very few tonight who even looked like they turned up to play, I just don't think he should be free of criticism just because his injured, others have carried injuries and still copped it for poor form and at times its been over the top for them too, but no one went into bat for them like Thaiday has gotten tonight.

Last edited:

agree with you entirely re the singling out of individual players ... geez it was only a few weeks ago people here were unloading on Corey Parker for missing kicks in the home loss to Manly.

But overall, fans are disappointed because they want what everyone wants - success for the club they support.

When the same thing keeps happening year after year (ie seasons coming to a grinding halt at the business end - Brisbane has now won 40 and lost 65 games after Rd20 since 2001) people are entitled to vent.

If it was bad luck whatever you can live with that ... but when history keeps repeating itself in the same way over and over again, questions need to be raised ...

Last edited:
Fans are disappointed because they want what everyone wants - success for the club they support.

When the same thing keeps happening year after year (ie seasons coming to a grinding halt at the business end - Brisbane has now won 40 and lost 65 games after Rd20 since 2001) people are entitled to vent.

If it was bad luck whatever you can live with that ... but when history keeps repeating itself in the same way over and over again, questions need to be raised ...

Venting, that's exactly what it is.

Oh definitely, he wasnt the only player out there who was pathetic that I agree with, very few tonight who even looked like they turned up to play, I just don't think he should be free of criticism just because his injured, others have carried injuries and still copped it for poor form and at times its been over the top for them too, but no one went into bat for them like Thaiday has gotten tonight.

Haaaaaave you met Peter Wallace. :laugh:

We all vent but there's some that just seem to deal exclusively in it, rarely post anything constructive and you never hear from them when the club is succesful. You'd swear they were Dragon fans or something.

Haaaaaave you met Peter Wallace. :laugh:

We all vent but there's some that just seem to deal exclusively in it, rarely post anything constructive and you never hear from them when the club is succesful. You'd swear they were Dragon fans or something.

LOL I'll give you that one, but thats what I mean, other players cop it big time but you dont see people go into bat for them, Hell Wallace was outstanding early on and everyone loved him, then gets a bad run of short injuries and kills his confidence, the bagging hasn't stopped since, for Thaiday though his carrying an injury and that doesnt help, he was poor before that earlier in the season prior to that.

Anyway the Corey Parker reference is a good one cause despite his goalkicking he was great on field for us otherwise, I remember making a comment after that game that it wasn't goalkicking that alone cost us that match, there were far more glaring issues there like our soft defence that if we didn't address would come back to haunt us and everyone basically shot me down for saying it and at this point while our goalkicking has improved, those issues have only gotten worse and where are we now, doubtful we will even make the finals.

Perhaps people are being a bit hard on him, but its not like his the only one to cop that.

Last edited:
It's fair to say he's copping the second most criticism on here, just behind Wallace, who has plenty of supporters on here. At times it's justified, but then Sam will be one of our better players but will stop cop it because we lost. That's the sort of criticism I won't cop and if other players cop it, then I'd hope others are sticking up for them. Not to protect the players but to generate interesting discussion.

I've seen it suggested we should have released Sam instead of Te'o...those type of comments are when I put the foot down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Skathen
  • Mighty Bronx
  • ettybay
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.