Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

This late season form surge poses some interesting questions about our recruitment for next year. Is Opacic our centre long term or do we buy a big name and push Opacic back to being depth?
If Kodi goes to the Storm do we bother buying another utility for the bench? We are going pretty well without one at the moment.
Do we shuffle Maguire or Blair or Glenn to lock or do we bank on Arrow? Or do we buy someone? Is there even anyone suitable available?
Interesting times ahead and I guess as always the decisions will come down to money and Waynes opinion of the host of young guys we have coming through.

I am going to write a programme that replaces "3. ****" with "3. Tom Opacic" in every Broncos teamlist for 2016 and 2017.

Definitely need some sort of prop for next season with the departure of Wallace. Happy to keep Glenn on bench too as he can be a utility type player

I was driving and listening to the Knights vs Souths game on Triple M yesterday afternoon.

Tallis was still whinging about the Arrow try and James Roberts being offside.

I said four weeks ago, we had nothing left to give to change or mix it up.

Thaiday has been a revelation back on the fringe. Glenn adding experience and energy to the middle when he subs on. Opacic, young bloke exploding with confidence.

Hunt has found his hunger. You can see it in defensive efforts.

The last two pieces. Roberts and Milford.

I said four weeks ago, we had nothing left to give to change or mix it up.

Thaiday has been a revelation back on the fringe. Glenn adding experience and energy to the middle when he subs on. Opacic, young bloke exploding with confidence.

Hunt has found his hunger. You can see it in defensive efforts.

The last two pieces. Roberts and Milford.

Milf is back, he may not be tearing teams to shreds as much as earlier in the season but you can see it, he's back. He is looking dangerous every time he touches the ball again. Roberts is going ok, his defense is suspect but that game against the Cows earlier in the season shows what he can do on the big occasion, I'm not worried because it is actually a really good sign that we just DOMINATED the best team in the comp without playing perfect footy. This team has made everyone else sit up and take notice. I reckon the three teams everyone is scared of are us first, Raiders second and the Panthers third.

Definitely need some sort of prop for next season with the departure of Wallace. Happy to keep Glenn on bench too as he can be a utility type player

It wouldn't be a bad thing to bring in another prop but I like what we've seen from Ese'ese so far and the guys on here in the know have said we have barely scratched the surface with him. Why not give him an extended shot next season?

The big question mark is Joffa, what has happened to that kid? He has just gone completely backwards.

I was driving and listening to the Knights vs Souths game on Triple M yesterday afternoon.

Tallis was still whinging about the Arrow try and James Roberts being offside.

He wrote his newspaper column on it this week. Also says that Sam Thaiday is the reason we turned our form around and that he called it weeks ago. Does this guy ever write stories on his own club?

Smith whinging about the penaties in that game saying some things werent done in the spirit of the game.... and wants the refs to take a harder stance againt milking penalties.

Smith whinging about the penaties in that game saying some things werent done in the spirit of the game.... and wants the refs to take a harder stance againt milking penalties.

can someone give me a hand making a banner about this fuckwit?

lol @ Tallis still going about this shit.. he's rapidly approaching not only my personally most disliked commentators, but also just all round incredulous non-air time-worthy muppet of all time

Very surprised to be honest, was expecting a loss and a sound loss at that, but man did we play well. Opacic has fitted in seamlessly, he's a carbon copy of Reed.

Hunt's kicking game is still suspect but he has gone back to his strengths and it's paying off, a pretty good game by him.

Thaiday was tremendous, it wasnt quite JWH last year but Thaiday lead the charge and we built off that. Clearly it's a mental game with Thaiday at this point.

As for the storm, it struck me that they kinda looked like the Broncos of the early to mid 2000's. Leading the way or right up there for most of the season, but come finals time/end of season they just lacked that extra gear - that's Canberra and now Brisbane that have taken them to task the past few weeks.

Meanwhile, we could be anything ... lets enjoy the ride.

why cant we use alex glenn as our utility

we can use him according to how the game is planning out

if there is no injuries we can just bring him on to play like another forward

but if someone goes down we can bring him in and he can play either hooker, centre, second row maybe even wing

that way we have 4 forwards on the bench but at the same time we have a utility

Is he trying to ruin his team's chances of winning the premiership?

Nah, it's all good.

He'll get Gerard Sutton as ref in the finals.

Last edited:
Because rorting the cap for 5 years is within the spirit of the game.

I've been waiting for the day a journo would pipe up in a press conference and say this whenever Storm complain about stuff like that..

But unfortunately, it just won't happen.

Last edited:
why cant we use alex glenn as our utility

we can use him according to how the game is planning out

if there is no injuries we can just bring him on to play like another forward

but if someone goes down we can bring him in and he can play either hooker, centre, second row maybe even wing

that way we have 4 forwards on the bench but at the same time we have a utility

I'd say we probably will use an edge forward on the bench next year, whether it's Glenn or Su'A is the real question. Also, you don't need to start a new paragraph for every sentence, and you don't need 2-3 lines between each paragraph. (Not trying to be an ass, it just makes your posts harder to read with massive gaps between each sentence)

Active Now

• phoenix
  • Maroon4life
  • Dash
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Sproj
  • Wolfie
  • Waynesaurus
  • Broncs1459
  • Turky Murky
  • Fitzy
  • thenry
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.