Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
Ok, so that was a great game. But I feel like this loss for Melbourne makes next weeks game against Cronulla more marketable....

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Titans vs Cows next week will be huge for us. All aboard the Hayne Plane!

uptheguts

uptheguts

QCup Player
Oct 24, 2013
Super job by everybody! Ten out of ten for tactics and intensity. eight out of ten for execution .

Great to see Hunt and Macca have big games up against Cronk and Smith.

Really liked the way the boys defended our half of the field , not just our line. It at least minimised the number of shots Cronk had on our line and the number of restarts.

I still think Kahu should be the kicker. We really need to improve in that department though.

Last edited:
Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I think this is one of the best tries we've scored all year.

Not a bad first try for Jai Arrow. He'll remember that one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Brilliant win. They were battling the Storm and Ashley Klein all night and had an epic win. Klein is pathetic. Opacic was bloody impressive particularly in defence. I thought the Broncos needed to win to give the premiership and they had the win. Hitting form at the right time is perfect.

B

Brent81

Made Legal Threat to BHQ
Oct 31, 2012
Yeah, no double movement...

Ball touched the ground, which means it's grounded. He promoted it, double movement.

1472311588.png

SECTION 11
THE TACKLE AND PLAY-THE-BALL

1. A player in possession may be tackled by anopposing player or players. It is illegal to tackle orobstruct a player who is not in possession.

comes into contact with the ground.
(b) when he is held by one or more opposing playersin such a manner that he can make no further

2. A player in possession is tackled:
(a) when he is held by one or more opposing players

and the ball or the hand or arm holding the ball

2(a) garden variety double movement. Video ref was talking about the arm. Fucker didn't know the rules. Other dickheads in bunker should have said "the arm doesn't have to hit the ground...it's a double movement if the ball hits the ground". Either they are gutless or don't know the rules either.

Can't wait for Archer's "the process was right" excuse on Monday....

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
Attitude, that's what it was all about.

Glad they have found it again.

abashii

abashii

NRL Player
Contributor
Jul 14, 2014
**** me, I'm still on cloud 9 after that. Going to be walking on sunshine all weekend. The entire 17 put in a hell of an effort and boy howdy did it show. Special props to O-face for some stellar defence, especially for a young fella with a handful of games in first grade.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Brilliant win. They were battling the Storm and Ashley Klein all night and had an epic win. Klein is pathetic. Opacic was bloody impressive particularly in defence. I thought the Broncos needed to win to give the premiership and they had the win. Hitting form at the right time is perfect.

Potentially heading into the finals with 5 wins in a row. But still some what under the radar due to that form slump we had.

M

mieko

QCup Player
Aug 25, 2011
Outstanding win, just a great all round team performance, well done boys. Here we come!!

Dash

Dash

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Dec 12, 2014
Potentially heading into the finals with 5 wins in a row. But still some what under the radar due to that form slump we had.

I think we well and truly put ourselves on the radar with that win. The commentators have us as one of only 3 teams that can win it.

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
I've got nothing of any worth to add but I need to post because I'm so fucking happy lol. That's last year's form and easily our best game of the season. Our game plan was spot on, and execution was fantastic. Line speed, energy, attitude, trust....we won that on the back of our defence, and I think the guys have finally clicked to that. The last couple of weeks we've also had a bit of luck come our way - bouncing balls etc. We've had VERY little luck with that sort of thing during our slump, but even that seems to be starting to turn around - Arrow's try is a perfect example. You don't need that sort of good luck, by gee it helps... We outsmarted the Storm, they were never comfortable in that game. I would be nervous facing them again because a lot of their players had a bad game - but I also put that down to us unsettling them and not allowing them to get comfortable. We dictated terms.. :takdir:

Also a shoutout to the refs. You're breaking the game, you turds. I hate that one of the big talking points after nearly every game is a critical decision (or more) - and not just Bronco games. Harris' try was a clear double movement. And how was Milf getting tackled multiple times when trying to play the ball? What the actual **** was that? I especially loved no professional fouls for a couple of blatantly deliberate slow-down-the-play-the-balls from the Storm when we had them backpedalling. I can see why Smith blew up about Milf's milking, but we've seen Cronk do it in origin recently and Farah did it against us too iirc so while I don't like it, it's also fair game. Love that he got marched 10m haha... It feels like we're building a bit of a siege mentality - it certainly feels like it to me, sitting at home watching blatantly bad calls and listening to the dead silence from the Nein commentators. They're happy to call out some, but other times they just don't have anything to say. We'll need to beat the opposition and some of the officials through the finals, I'm quite sure of that given the ref's 'performances' throughout the year.

But anyway. We're back, and brilliantly so. I believe we can win it from outside the top 4. But I'm also scared to get excited, I'm still well scarred from last year. I'll need copious amounts of alcohol to cope with the finals this year I think.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
SECTION 11
THE TACKLE AND PLAY-THE-BALL

1. A player in possession may be tackled by anopposing player or players. It is illegal to tackle orobstruct a player who is not in possession.

comes into contact with the ground.
(b) when he is held by one or more opposing playersin such a manner that he can make no further

2. A player in possession is tackled:
(a) when he is held by one or more opposing players

and the ball or the hand or arm holding the ball

2(a) garden variety double movement. Video ref was talking about the arm. Fucker didn't know the rules. Other dickheads in bunker should have said "the arm doesn't have to hit the ground...it's a double movement if the ball hits the ground". Either they are gutless or don't know the rules either.

Can't wait for Archer's "the process was right" excuse on Monday....
I was raging at the decision, you could see the ball clearly touched the grass. But I held back saying much because I thought perhaps the arm has to touch, and surely the refs know the actual specifics of the rules.

But they don't even know that. Fucking pathetic. The referring is a deadset farce. I have zero faith in referees to be impartial and unbiased. Zero.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Fantastic win. But I have that uneasy feeling. It was almost easier when we were writing us off. Now we see what we're capable of and anything other than a GF victory will feel like another genuine opportunity lost.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I don't really know what to say, I am just so impressed by that performance. We rattled the storm, I never thought I would see the day. Cronk and Smith were clearly rattled.

I'm to happy to add much more at this stage, still haven't come down and barely slept last night. Well done all.

Fat Gandalf

Fat Gandalf

BRL Player
Apr 18, 2016
I haven't been so hyped after a game in so long! Fucking fantastic win!

Really hope nothing comes of the Milf head high shot in the first half. But even if it does, we can use Ryan James' downgrading against the jaw breaking Tedesco as a precedence to get it downgraded to **** all hopefully.

As much as I hate Hayne, all aboard the Hayne Plane this week! Would love to leapfrog the Cowboys into 4th spot.

Active Now

• MrRobot
  • Johnny92
  • Lostboy
  • Bish
  • Fitzy
  • Behold
  • davidp
  • Sproj
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.