Broncos

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
If we finish 2nd we probably meet them in a GF qualifier if we finish 1st we play them twice in a row and we could meet them again in the GF.
That’s gross.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
I would spin it this way: Now that Luai is fucked, Penriths run has had a spanner thrown into the works. To win premierships in this comp, sometimes you gotta play the game off field as well as on it. The team has been named for the Canberra game so just leave it be, but if I were in the coaching staff, I would be begging Kevvie to rest all our crucial players in Round 27. Whether we finish first and have to face them again the next week or not, at least taking one opportunity for them to ruin our season off the table is not something that should be dismissed out of hand.

We ALL know what the Scum are like: they are grubby, jealous, vindictive *****. Putting the likes of Reyno, Haas, Patty and Walsh on the field with them under these conditions quite frankly terrifies me.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Venue? The unofficial venue for anything BHQ related was at The House of @Morkel but he doesn't live there anymore unfortunately. Can recommend Flat Lizzard brewing purely for my own convenience...

I haven't been sharing updates because it's been a nightmare but:

* Finally got a contract on the house, to sell at the minimum we needed to move out without being homeless.
* We put a contract on a house that was accepted.
* The day before our (current) house went unconditional, the buyer pulled out due to finance.
* Meaning everything fell down and we're back to square one.
* So we currently still reside in the murder house.

If we make it to the big dance, I wouldn't be against opening the doors to BHQ's finest.

One downside is that we'd sold a heap of our furniture, so the TV room is empty. Everyone bring their own beanbags I guess.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
One downside is that we'd sold a heap of our furniture, so the TV room is empty. Everyone bring their own beanbags I guess.

Is the photo still there though?

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Playing with the ladder predictor, say we do finish first and beat Melbourne Week 1 (Broncos beating Melbourne in back2back weeks, fucking unprecedented. Bellyache is likely to go on a murder spree in Federation Square), we get the week off then get the Warriors or Cows in the Prelim for a ticket to the GF against one of either..... Penrith or Melbourne.

I'm telling you, finishing 1st is an out and out poisoned chalice for us, and only in this backwards ass competition could that ever be said. We could potentially be playing our 2 biggest bogey sides 3 times in the one finals series. Melbourne Week 1, Cowgirls in the Prelim then Melbourne again in the GF.....

giphy.gif

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Meh we can beat anyone, we are the team to beat. Bring it on. The run against the Storm has to start somewhere, and besting them two or three times in the next few weeks will go a long way to righting some very real wrongs. Can’t wait.

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
I guess. My uncle gave it to me. Story goes that my Grandma had given them train fare to get into and back home from the City .. but he decided, on a whim to spend the money on the port instead .. and had to walk all the way back to Woodridge .. got home the next morning and got his ass spanked and grounded for a month. lol. Granted he was only 12 or something, so probably deserved the grounding lol.

He says it was worth it though lol.
Wait, he bought a jug of Port as a 12 year old!? Bloody hell, those were the days

Broncosgirl

Broncosgirl

Deep in the Heart of Queensland
Contributor
Nov 9, 2022
Wait, he bought a jug of Port as a 12 year old!? Bloody hell, those were the days
lol. Yea, from memory, he told me that he saw it from outside a bottle shop, and said to some other kid who was probably a little bit older, that he wanted it because someday it was gonna be worth a lot of money. lol.

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
lol. Yea, from memory, he told me that he saw it from outside a bottle shop, and said to some other kid who was probably a little bit older, that he wanted it because someday it was gonna be worth a lot of money. lol.
What a chancer!

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Raiders have scored 31% of their tries in the middle which is the second most in the NRL.

Broncos' middle has been solid all year only letting in 13% of their tries there. I am interested to see how the middle holds up if the Raiders keep going there.

This is a danger game not too much to do with the Raiders but just finals are locked in and sometimes when the prize is there, and you can't get to it for two weeks you play some pretty clunky football. Like a small run chase.

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
Raiders have scored 31% of their tries in the middle which is the second most in the NRL.

Broncos' middle has been solid all year only letting in 13% of their tries there. I am interested to see how the middle holds up if the Raiders keep going there.

This is a danger game not too much to do with the Raiders but just finals are locked in and sometimes when the prize is there, and you can't get to it for two weeks you play some pretty clunky football. Like a small run chase.
Penrith seemed to demonstrate that quite well.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Hopefully Kevvie has got it drilled into the players to stay focused and hungry.

If you have the chance to win a minor premiership, you always go for it.

I

Inside pass

BRL Player
Aug 22, 2021
So Parra down Panthers…leaving the door open for the Broncs to take minor premiership AND the possibility of having to play the Storm twice ..not sure that is a desirable outcome…however Penrith may have preferred to meet NZ first up..Funny how each week brings up surprise results. Anyway let’s get over Canberra first.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
I've already declared it, we are beating the Storm next week without Reynolds. They only beat us earlier in the year because of dodgy sin bins (did I hear someone say there were 3 of them?) and the typical "interpretations". At this point I'd say Reynolds is most important long term for composure and field position, but we can survive a couple of games without him, and Walsh becomes the lynchpin while he's away. Our forward pack will take care of the field position.

The Storm twice isn't something to dread, it's a test that we need to overcome if we are to win the premiership, if we come home with two W's then there will be enough confidence to blast our way to the trophy.

Broncapz

Broncapz

NRL Player
May 1, 2016
Playing with the ladder predictor, say we do finish first and beat Melbourne Week 1 (Broncos beating Melbourne in back2back weeks, fucking unprecedented. Bellyache is likely to go on a murder spree in Federation Square), we get the week off then get the Warriors or Cows in the Prelim for a ticket to the GF against one of either..... Penrith or Melbourne.

I'm telling you, finishing 1st is an out and out poisoned chalice for us, and only in this backwards ass competition could that ever be said. We could potentially be playing our 2 biggest bogey sides 3 times in the one finals series. Melbourne Week 1, Cowgirls in the Prelim then Melbourne again in the GF.....

giphy.gif
I'm all for getting this Melbourne monkey off our back forever. I'd play them every round until they're our bitch. They are the psycological barrier between us and premierships for the last decade, and it's time to make them scared of playing US!

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
I'm all for getting this Melbourne monkey off our back forever. I'd play them every round until they're our bitch. They are the psycological barrier between us and premierships for the last decade, and it's time to make them scared of playing US!
Try the last 16 years. The first year they knocked us out of the finals was 2007, it's been the same every freaking year since then.

Announcing Bill Murray GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • westy316
  • kman
  • Waynesaurus
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Volvo Driver
  • Morepudding
  • Galah
  • Skyblues87
  • johnyE
  • Rowdy124
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Jazza
  • Bronx48
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • BroncosAlways
  • lynx000
  • Viti
  • Kev_Guz
  • Johnny92
... and 47 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.