GIO Stadium

Saturday
Night
19:35

Broncos

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Down to maturity, really. That's all. They're both match winners. Neither would look out of place in a Kangaroos jersey. But 6 months ago, Reece's name wouldn't have even been in the conversation. Incredible that now, not calling him the best player in the comp is regarded as some kind of slight.
The less people blow smoke up Walshy's arse the better. Boy struggles to keep himself level at the best of times.

Couldn't afford it because of his offensive salary offer?
On Vets+base he'd be on minimum 300K base contract @ the Broncs + TPAs. Hardly offensive given he could probably milk that salary for another several years with no threat to his spot in the 30. He'd be crazy to leave.

The less people blow smoke up Walshy's arse the better. Boy struggles to keep himself level at the best of times.
Walsh is very good and improving more than any other FB in the comp, but I think there is a lot of work for him in the next preseason fine tuning when to pull the trigger and when to hold the pass and take the tackle.

He averages more than 1 error per game more that most FB's in the comp, which is all Kevvie would need to keep him grounded.

Ponga got him covered easy at this stage, but that's hardly news - Ponga has been one of the best players in the game for a few years now. The fact there's a discussion about Walsh vs Ponga is incredible, and a credit to Walsh's astronomical rise.

He also fits our club perfectly.

In the Australian team, surrounded by superstars, the calm head on Ponga's shoulders is the difference, IMHO. However, look at the work Billy did with him in 2 games of Origin this year. Work hard on keeping the crazy out of his game, and he was great!

The reality is though that regardless of whether you go Ponga or Walsh, Tedesco's time really should be done and that benefits the Roosters too with their flexible salary cap that runs on this formula:

low entry price due to cultcha = low salary on books
- current performance discount (when current performance is less than stated salary)
(ignore the opposite when this occurs)
/ salary upon exit where regardless of performance level being factored at X (above stated salary salary) (note: the opposite never is a mathematical impossibility so negated)
+ exit salary being x to the factor of at least 2 of the initial sign on salary (and more when cultcha is taken into account)
= 2 (or more) times stated entry salary to provide twice the salary cap of club entry as a minimum
(margin of +25%) when in favour of more salary cap space

The reality is though that regardless of whether you go Ponga or Walsh, Tedesco's time really should be done and that benefits the Roosters too with their flexible salary cap that runs on this formula:

low entry price due to cultcha = low salary on books
- current performance discount (when current performance is less than stated salary)
(ignore the opposite when this occurs)
/ salary upon exit where regardless of performance level being factored at X (above stated salary salary) (note: the opposite never is a mathematical impossibility so negated)
+ exit salary being x to the factor of at least 2 of the initial sign on salary (and more when cultcha is taken into account)
= 2 (or more) times stated entry salary to provide twice the salary cap of club entry as a minimum
(margin of +25%) when in favour of more salary cap space

This makes more sense now:

Merhi: “He had a three-year offer worth $2 million a season on the table,” said his manager Ahmad Merhi. “I won’t name the club, but I remember saying to Payne this is the difference between one or two homes. It was a lot of money, but Payne wasn’t solely driven by that.

“There was a $2 million offer, 100 per cent. I won’t go into exactly where that offer came from, but Payne knocked it back immediately. “I see Brisbane doing something special in the next three years and Payne feels the same way.

Down to maturity, really. That's all. They're both match winners. Neither would look out of place in a Kangaroos jersey. But 6 months ago, Reece's name wouldn't have even been in the conversation. Incredible that now, not calling him the best player in the comp is regarded as some kind of slight.

I can see Reece eclipsing Kaylin by the end of their careers .
I believe he is with a team that will play more finals than Newcastle . Thus getting to show case more times on the big stage .
His growth and improvement this season has been stunning . We were talking a battle for the #1 end of last season . I knew he was good but not this good .

Better decision making should come with experience .

Jensen in over Palasia and Tapau. I love to see it, but I do feel that's a little tough on Palasia after his last couple of games. Amazing front row depth at the moment, though.

Are many of you heading down for this game?

I'm heading to it with 6 other broncos supporters and think there will be a shit load of us there because the away supporter bay has been sold out for two weeks now.

Canberra has a very transient population and with that a heap of Queenslanders.

If you are - bring a fkn jumper. The wind at their dump of a stadium is like instant botox, and the feels like temp is usually a third of the apparent temp.

Are many of you heading down for this game?

I'm heading to it with 6 other broncos supporters and think there will be a shit load of us there because the away supporter bay has been sold out for two weeks now.

Canberra has a very transient population and with that a heap of Queenslanders.

If you are - bring a fkn jumper. The wind at their dump of a stadium is like instant botox, and the feels like temp is usually a third of the apparent temp.
Hey bag the team, but Canberra is awesome! Should be a nice 5 degrees Saturday night (no need for a jumper)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Cavalo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncsgoat
  • Jazza
  • Xzei
  • Harry Sack
  • Fozz
  • Foordy
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Allo
  • Wolfie
  • Santa
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • davidp
  • Nerd
  • KateBroncos1812
  • lynx000
  • Bucking Beads
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.