Round 26 - Broncos vs. Bulldogs - Post Game Discussion

Happy with the win, though it was obvious they don't have it in them to do that consistently.

Impressed with Hunt. McCullough had a great first half too.
Parker is Robocop.

I was a little impressed with Thaiday trying to develop an extra dimension to his game and join the 21st century. But he kinda gave up on it in the 2nd half. His running game is useless. He's really just a bench player right now.

Where the frick was that defensive effort over the last two weeks when we had everything to play for?

It was obvious it was just one of a kind performance, just to get some respect back and send Princey out a winner. We aren't capable of doing that every week.

i thought the dogs looked a bit flat and disinterested. neither team was all that good in my opinion or deserving of the win. we certainly tried hard for pretty much the full 80, not taking that away from the team. usual suspects were good but we just dont look like scoring points for the vast majority. the refs helped us for a change and a few bounce of the balls went out way.

its nice that prince got to go out with a win but i dont think tonight was really too much different from alot thats gone on this year. i don think anythings changed from the harsh assessments i and many have made of late.

hunts still rusty but i think he'll be the goods with a full off season and knowing he'll be the 7. oates is a superstar. parker is the real captain of this team.

Last edited:
Thaiday's passing game was good to see. He's good at that and entirely under-used.

Hunt is showing more that he will be excellent next year

Oates. So lucky to have such a talent

Like I said, the raw materials are there. Hopefully they can be put to better use next year. We have a very good roster.

Maybe we need a player retiring or playing a 'milestone' game every week, we might put in an effort then! :)

Happy too see Scott Prince go out a winner and the fact we beat a finals team is encouraging, was a good way to end a failed season. Still need to work on attack as we didn't use our wings when the Bulldog's defense was outnumbered. Oates is just getting better and should get a spot on the wing next year.

@Mr Fourex: Your mate Peter Wallace put in the kick that lead to the winning try, got anything to say buddy. Was thinking of you when it happened btw.

Congratulation Scott Prince on a fantastic career. You are an absolute legend. Thanks for the great effort Peter Wallace you are lion. Also 200 up for the war horse David Stagg. Always rated him. Enjoy the break boys. Work hour asses off in November.

It was obvious it was just one of a kind performance, just to get some respect back and send Princey out a winner. We aren't capable of doing that every week.

Yeah it was nice to see and all but quite frankly this side isn't mentally tough enough to play to that level week in and week out, let alone have the fitness to do it.

"Can't coach for shit ? ...Fucken showed those ***** .... "

RMB_13-02-2010_SPORT_07_Griffin%20Anthony%202010_fct500x308x135_t460.jpg

Probably the first game I've watched since I got to WA, unfortunately. But I'm glad I watched it. That was a fantastic effort. Oates looks the goods and Gillett seems to be hitting his stride just in time for the off season.

Love how its a dead rubber and every man and his dog is bagging this team yet hook still sticks to his guns and epic game plan.

Long live griffindor

Obviously I enjoyed that victory.

The Broncos didn't stand a chance going in and a few minutes in I thought we were in for another horror show. Yet against all odds, the boys found a way and got to send a great player like Prince out a winner. Outstanding.

It was the Corey show out there. Parker was relentless and that was a performance straight from the top shelf. Meanwhile, a lot has been said about Oates and a lot of plaudits have come his way and they're all deserved. The kid just knows his way to the try line and for him to play as well as he has out of position in his first year speaks volumes.

Great way to finish what was otherwise a tough year.

You can't knock the boys after that game despite the poor effort from the Doggies, to finish the season with a win is ok by me...well...a premiership would have been better but I'll leave it there. Congrats to the Prince, goodbye Wal and No-man (maybe Lui and Anderson too but meh) and bring on 2014. Now let's all sit back and wait for the Milford and K.Walters signings and the Kearney sacking (each one I'll enjoy).

Oh and well done Staggosaurus, I knew I forgot someone.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Shane Tronc
  • Sproj
  • ivanhungryjak
  • bb_gun
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • Tmac
  • LittleDavey
  • MrTickyMcG
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Alec
  • FACTHUNT
  • Bucking Beads
  • Skathen
  • Mick_Hancock
  • broncos4life
  • Fatboy
  • Allo
  • Bish
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.