Coach: Paul GreenCoach: Wayne Bennett
Officials:
Sideline Officials:
Video Review Officials:
Venue: 1300SMILES Stadium
Kickoff: 7:50pm
Broadcast: Chanel 9, Foxleague
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Offa in for Sua. Kahu in for Mead. No need for silly changes. They will and should be embarrassed.

Assuming Sims is out injured, Kahu and TPJ back, I'd go with the following.

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Roberts
4. Moga
5. Kahu
6. Milf
7. Niko
8. Arrow/Offa
14. Thaiday
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

9. Hunt
15. Ese'Ese
16. TPJ
17. Offa/Arrow

I'm kinda leaning towards having Arrow start as prop to soak up some pressure. He's fairly solid despite not having as much size.
The one-two punch of Offa and TPJ coming on was working amazingly before they got injured/suspended.

To me the only way to bounce back from this performance is not thrashing the Cowboys but grinding away a win

Assuming Sims is out injured, Kahu and TPJ back, I'd go with the following.

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Roberts
4. Moga
5. Kahu
6. Milf
7. Niko
8. Arrow/Offa
14. Thaiday
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

9. Hunt
15. Ese'Ese
16. TPJ
17. Offa/Arrow

I'm kinda leaning towards having Arrow start as prop to soak up some pressure. He's fairly solid despite not having as much size.
The one-two punch of Offa and TPJ coming on was working amazingly before they got injured/suspended.

Sorry mate but our pack is small already. We don't need Arrow starting and making it even smaller.

It's simple for me.
Kahu in for mead
Joe in for arrow
Pangi in for Jayden

My only concern with starting Joffa next week is three weeks out, otherwise I'd have no hesitation. If Sims is out (as it appears he will be...maybe for the rest of the season), I'd go:
1. Boyd
2. Moga (If Kahu is also still out)
3. Roberts
4. Opacic
5. Oates
6. Milford
7. KNik
8. Ese'ese
9. Hunt
10. McGuire
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Arrow

14. Thaiday
15. Joffa
16. TPJ
17. Blair

My only concern with starting Joffa next week is three weeks out, otherwise I'd have no hesitation. If Sims is out (as it appears he will be...maybe for the rest of the season), I'd go:
1. Boyd
2. Moga (If Kahu is also still out)
3. Roberts
4. Opacic
5. Oates
6. Milford
7. KNik
8. Ese'ese
9. Hunt
10. McGuire
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Arrow

14. Thaiday
15. Joffa
16. TPJ
17. Blair

nearly there mate ...

I'd still start Blair with Ese'ese on the bench

and pray that Kahu is right to go

Sorry mate but our pack is small already. We don't need Arrow starting and making it even smaller.

It's simple for me.
Kahu in for mead
Joe in for arrow
Pangi in for Jayden

Not sure who you're referring to as Jayden. Only reason I had Arrow in there is because Sims is likely to be out. Looked like he did his shoulder badly.

Who do you suggest we replace him with if not Arrow? We've got only him and Su'a blooded. Fai is injured. Are you suggesting Funaki? He's the only real prop we have that we could bring in.

Either way, once TPJ and Offa come back, we'll have some size.

Edit: I wouldn't be too worried about size. We need composure. Arrow has that at least and he's a great defender. Tighten up our Defence. Points will come as usual. Funaki is too much of a wildcard and we're not that desperate.

Not sure who you're referring to as Jayden. Only reason I had Arrow in there is because Sims is likely to be out. Looked like he did his shoulder badly.

Who do you suggest we replace him with if not Arrow? We've got only him and Su'a blooded. Fai is injured. Are you suggesting Funaki? He's the only real prop we have that we could bring in.

Either way, once TPJ and Offa come back, we'll have some size.

Edit: I wouldn't be too worried about size. We need composure. Arrow has that at least and he's a great defender. Tighten up our Defence. Points will come as usual. Funaki is too much of a wildcard and we're not that desperate.

Jaydn Su'A

We have trouble against sides that show a bit of heart against us.. I wonder how this one is going to go.

We have trouble against sides that show a bit of heart against us.. I wonder how this one is going to go.
The Cowboys may be fighting for their season in this one but with 13 players on the injured list, surely they'd be no match for a Bronco side tuning up for the playoffs. Would they?

Do we have any better alternatives for Mead if Kahu is still rested?
Opacic is actually good under the high ball so could be a good alternative... anything but mead

The Cowboys may be fighting for their season in this one but with 13 players on the injured list, surely they'd be no match for a Bronco side tuning up for the playoffs. Would they?

They play almost the same style of footy as the Eels, we will struggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.