PRE-GAME Round 26 - Cowboys vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's going to be fucking great to have Offa and TPJ back next week. Simple Mead, Arrow, Sua out Kahu, Offa, TPJ in full strength team going into the finals.

Assuming Sims is out injured, Kahu and TPJ back, I'd go with the following.

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Roberts
4. Moga
5. Kahu
6. Milf
7. Niko
8. Arrow/Offa
14. Thaiday
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

9. Hunt
15. Ese'Ese
16. TPJ
17. Offa/Arrow

I'm kinda leaning towards having Arrow start as prop to soak up some pressure. He's fairly solid despite not having as much size.
The one-two punch of Offa and TPJ coming on was working amazingly before they got injured/suspended.

Might be a good game to try arrow at lock and McGuire back to prop. Sims back to the bench and when he comes on McGuire can drop back to lock. Blair needs to only run straight and hard until his second stint where he can start looking for the offload. And please have someone like Roberts or Milford following Blair.

Put me in coach!!! What could go wrong!

30 seconds in..

Ghould- "oh no oh no" Rabs -"That looked really painful. Medicab is coming on now...he is still not moving"

You would have done better than me. I wouldn't have made it past the end of the tunnel without needing the trainer.

Everybody be cheering for the Sharks, and not a bad word spoken ! If they win, we get to stay second...

Everybody be cheering for the Sharks, and not a bad word spoken ! If they win, we get to stay second...

I don't know about that. If the Sharks win, we can drop to 5th if we lose to the Cows. With a Roosters win, we can't finish outside the 4.

Doh, this weekend...if the Sharks win, we retain second. Naturally shit could change AFTER this weekend but I never said anything about that, hey ?

I don't know about that. If the Sharks win, we can drop to 5th if we lose to the Cows. With a Roosters win, we can't finish outside the 4.

That's why we need to turn up next week and beat the cows. Sharks win this week, we win next week. Top 2 y'all.

My only concern with starting Joffa next week is three weeks out, otherwise I'd have no hesitation. If Sims is out (as it appears he will be...maybe for the rest of the season), I'd go:
1. Boyd
2. Moga (If Kahu is also still out)
3. Roberts
4. Opacic
5. Oates
6. Milford
7. KNik
8. Ese'ese
9. Hunt
10. McGuire
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Arrow

14. Thaiday
15. Joffa
16. TPJ
17. Blair

I think arrow is the better option than sims

Opacic to left center. If Kahu is still out Issako to right wing, we need a goal kicker.

Totally agree with Arrow, Moose and Herman starting.

Im still honestly not convinced ( and never have been either ) by Nikorima. Problem now is we dont really have the sort of halfback we need at the club.

Opacic to left center. If Kahu is still out Issako to right wing, we need a goal kicker.

Totally agree with Arrow, Moose and Herman starting.

Im still honestly not convinced ( and never have been either ) by Nikorima. Problem now is we dont really have the sort of halfback we need at the club.

And why do we need opacic? Agree with you about knik he is struggling atm and im not sure it's gonna work.

And why do we need opacic?

because Moga is an incredibly poor defender ... decent centers continually burn him. he will a massive liability in the finals.

Opacic doesn't have the size of Moga, but is a far better defensive player and is also far better at using his winger

because Moga is an incredibly poor defender ... decent centers continually burn him. he will a massive liability in the finals.

Opacic doesn't have the size of Moga, but is a far better defensive player and is also far better at using his winger

I think moga played his grand final against the sharks.

Tom can defend. We are poor on our left side. He scores tries at about the same rate as Moga and i think he is as potent in attack, but he wont make the meters Moga does tbf. He has also shown that despite playing with a bung shoulder, he was still capable of getting the better of the best center playing the game.We need to solidify imo

He needs to have a big game for redcliffe though this weekend. He hasnt been poor for them, but i thought he was a bit quiet in his last 2 games.

Tom can defend. We are poor on our left side. He scores tries at about the same rate as Moga and i think he is as potent in attack, but he wont make the meters Moga does tbf. He has also shown that despite playing with a bung shoulder, he was still capable of getting the better of the best center playing the game.We need to solidify imo

He needs to have a big game for redcliffe though this weekend. He hasnt been poor for them, but i thought he was a bit quiet in his last 2 games.

He has played isc all year, i think it would be silly to put him in 1 game out from the finals. For all the cons moga has there are just as many pros. You can't change combinations now it's to late .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Dash
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Jedhead
  • Lurker
  • Pablo
  • Culhwch
  • Gaz
  • Browny
  • Harry Sack
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • sooticus
  • Manofoneway
  • TimWhatley
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Dreaglor
  • theshed
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.