Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

He's going to be the best half in the game in 2-3 years.

Agree will be closer but will need to come a long way in organisation and kicking game.

Btw long investment of millions to maybe get there. Better likelihood if given the chance to be the best fullback in NRL next year.

Give me proof and I'll be with ya, until then, that is just what it is a CONSPIRACY

Can we just ban this guy permanently including his IP address? Is he just flaming for fun or genuinely a giant douche? Don't mind a different perspective but needs to go join his own teams forum at this point he is just taking the piss and derailing the conversations.

Can we just ban this guy permanently including his IP address? Is he just flaming for fun or genuinely a giant douche? Don't mind a different perspective but needs to go join his own teams forum at this point he is just taking the piss and derailing the conversations.

People were defending him last night saying he was good value. Riiiight

I actually don't have a problem with the penalty count.

Even the most die hard Broncos fan would admit some of them were pretty blatant...like the McGuire and Milford ones on our own line.

Step back a bit and look at it again and see how it's a good thing!

The Sharks and Storm made the GF last year...the two most penalised sides in the competition. The Storm are the most penalised side in the competition and they are 6 points clear on the ladder!

If you want to win you have to cheat.

It gives me hope that Brisbane can make a serious dent in the finals.

Don't believe me?

Go back to last week. Even though we were down on the scoreboard we should never have let Jennings score on the strike of half time.

We should've held down. The ref won't send someone to the sin bin. At worst we concede 2 points.

It seems like we have discovered how to win in the modern game. Can it beat Melbourne? The pioneers of all this grubby, fucking rubbish that has infested our game for nearly 20 years?

I doubt it. But we're learning. That's something.

Here we go, finally got a few minutes:

1. Boyd - He did what were all expected I think and bounced back to prove a point. He was woeful last week but very, very much improved last night. Was sometimes caught out of position still but proved enough of an obstacle to stop JT2 on a break through midfield. His injury is a concern though as it will cause a major reshuffle if he is out, hopefully it isn't too bad. 7
2. Oates - Hasn't he hit back hard after his enforced injury lay off! His burst leading to one of the tries was immense and every kick return he was dragging defenders with him as he always does. He needs to get some of those bomb drops out of his game though. 8
3. Roberts - KNik (or Marshall if Boyd is out) have a massive responsibility to get the Jet involved, he is just so electric. That kick from KNik for Roberts' try was classy and Roberts was trying to inject himself at every opportunity, so great to see. He has been such a gun for us this year and a massive weapon for us heading into the business end of the season next week. 8
4. Moga - Gave away a stupid penalty and rushed in to let Feldt get that final try, typical Moga really - makes a mountain of metres but tends to find a way to bomb a try and/or let in another one each game, plus the bonehead penalties and errors. 5
5. Kahu - Made such a difference even on 1 and a 1/2 legs compared to Mead who has just been woeful. His kicking was off but he hasn't been doing it, so understandably rusty. He is so necessary to this side and does some big runs on kick returns. 7
6. Milford - Yes he was quiet in the second half but I think that was more due to the fact we had absolutely no ball whatsoever. He more than made enough of a mark in the first half and that play he pulled for the first try(?) was just pure gold, something only he could pull out. More importantly, he was so good in defense, hitting and sticking. So good to see. 8
7. KNik - He really is a Mr. Fixit for us and I love watching his progress. He continues to get a bad wrap from some for some reason but pulled out two try assists (from kicks incidentally) and looked like he wanted to make a statement. Switched to fullback after the Boyd injury and was barking instructions to his teammates. So much to like about him, there really is. 8
8. Thaiday - He was close to best on ground, was phenomenal. Some of his runs were inspired and was dragging three plus defender with him and still going. He was trying to do the same against the Eels but just lacked the execution, last night there was no problem with that. He is stepping up at the right time of season to remind us all just what he still offers in his twilight years. 9
9. Hunt - He was stunning, what a game! Someone in the game thread asked if we could send Macca to St George instead and keep Hunt as the 9...could we? He has so much Shaun Berrigan about him, can anyone else see that? He just got our sets off on the right foot most of the time and was just on song in attack. But seriously, he gets a perfect score from me simply for THAT tackle on JT2, that was not just game changing but potentially season-defining for me, it was just wow. 10
10. Blair - Played like a guy with a point to prove in every single run he did last night and he needed to after that monstrosity the week before. He was a fantastic one-two punch with Thaiday all night and if those two play like that for the rest of the season, we are halfway to another grand final, he added a try for the first time in a long time as well and didn't he celebrate! 8
11. Glenn - He went off for a HIA and didn't look healthy at the time but came back and looked fine. He has been having a fantastic season for us and last night was no different. 8
12. Gillett - He wa another player with an unusually quiet game just 7 days earlier but was back to his best last night. He just keeps shutting down play after play on that right side and even when he misses, he slows players down enough that they don't get much further. He is a rock in the side, he really is but can still get better such is his lofty standard these days. 7
13. McGuire - What a gun he is, consistently, week in and week out. I remember Webcke being famous for training with the same intensity he played every game and I reckon Josh would be exactly the same, is just such a champion. If he isn't in the Aussie side at the end of the year, it is an absolute joke, easily the best 13 running around and even if someone argued he wasn't, he is easily one of the best middle forwards in the game at worst. Rarely get two tens in a game but it is what it is. 10

14. Marshall - He came on in the second half and took control, for better or worse. He is a calming influence out there and just has to be in the side somewhere heading into the business end now just in case the other spine players have an off night or get stage fright again. 6
15. TPJ - He was fairly quiet overall but that was probably mostly due to his hamstring troubles, he should be rested next game to have him right for more important ones in the weeks to come. 5
16. Joffa - Missed three weeks and came back in with a point to prove, good to see. Him and TPJ are so important for our go forward off the bench, great that he is coming good at the right time of the season and even better that he has re-signed with us. Very important to the team now and that is pleasing. 7
17. Ese'ese - Came on and kept our forward dominance going, that is all you really ask for from your bench. In him, Joffa and TPJ, our bench is among the best in the business because they are arguably even better than the guys they replace. Ese'ese has had better games but is such a swift mover for a big guy. 7

Permanent bans don't last too long here mate :wink:

"Just don't look. Just don't look".

Thaiday's experience was particularly noticeable for me that game. His output may have dropped, but he knows when we need a big run or tackle and delivered last night. Great game from him.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Santa
  • Culhwch
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Bucking Beads
  • GCBRONCO
  • RolledOates
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.