Round 26 Discussion

Financeguy

QCup Player
Reynolds, does the Jarryd Hayne TM run backwards/off the field at the end of the half. As a smart arse, passes the ball to the opposition, not realising that he hasn't gone into touch, play on for the opposition. No points were scored though (AFAIK?).

Yep. I actually walked out of the room thinking it was halftime only to come back and see another 30 seconds of play happened.

Kinda sums up the Dogs' day.
I thought he went into touch but got penalised for a deliberate forward pass?

subsbligh

NRL Captain
I thought he went into touch but got penalised for a deliberate forward pass?
You're probably right, I only saw the start and back end of it.

Interesting point though, I thought there was also a discretionary rule around deliberately throwing or kicking the ball out of play (maybe that is in Rugby only?).

Super Freak

International Captain
Brisbane
I'm not sure what his name is but he usually does the Titans home sunday games on 9. Mainly because Rabs is against flying up to the Coast.

He was the commentator for their clash against the Tigers earlier in the year.

Last edited:

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
Matthew Thompson - Play by Play commentator for the ISC. Was the first commentator for the Holden Cup before Matt Russell took over.

He's OK.

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Rep
Why is it a penalty to the Titans?

You can't get penalised for deliberately throwing it forward to the opposition can you...??

Last edited:

Cult3

State of Origin Captain
Why is it a penalty to the Titans?

You can't get penalised for deliberately throwing it forward to the opposition can you...??
Deliberate forward pass, so yeah. Doesn't matter where it lands or whom it lands with.

Sproj

International Rep
But why wasn't it play on for the Titans? They should have got advantage right and they would have scored.

gordjw

NRL Player
Sunny Canberra
Well for one, the touchie had his flag up as if he'd gone out. But then why wasn't it just half time?

Yes, I know Reynolds was actually still in the field of play when he threw the pass.

Super Freak

International Captain
Brisbane
I think Cummins got a little confused.

He doesn't give a penalty straight away. At first he blows the whistle when the touchie raised his flag, had a few words with him I think and then blew the penalty..

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Rep
Deliberate forward pass, so yeah. Doesn't matter where it lands or whom it lands with.
I think a deliberate forward pass needs to have your player in an offside position.....how does that work in this case? I'd like to see a reference to the rule book before I accept your answer.

Super Freak

International Captain
Brisbane
I think a deliberate forward pass needs to have your player in an offside position.....how does that work in this case? I'd like to see a reference to the rule book before I accept your answer.
It doesn't go into much detail in the rulebook. It just says if a player deliberately throws a ball forward or knocks on, it's a penalty.

Deliberate 1. A player shall be penalised if he deliberately knocks on or passes forward.

If the Referee is of the opinion that a player in giving a forward pass must have been well aware that the catcher was in front of him then the referee is justified in ruling that the ball has been deliberately thrown forward

Last edited:

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Rep
Sounds ambiguous and vague enough to be in the rule book. Still......I'm not 100% sold.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.