Round 26 Discussion

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
I think a deliberate forward pass needs to have your player in an offside position
Why do you think this?

I don't see the drama.

Did he deliberately throw it forward? Yes or No?

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Rep
Why do you think this?

I don't see the drama.

Why do you think this?
The whole forward pass concept is based on the premise of the off side ruling...imo.

I don't see the drama.
Well, there's no drama per se...rather just a simple discussion about the technical ruling, one which I was hoping to be able to quantify as being absolute. That appears impossible, due to the vagueness of the rule book.

Yes....to the opposition. I would have thought that in itself would be penalty enough. I was unaware that the rule makers would have been thinking that players would gain such an unfair advantage by passing the ball to the other team, that they would need to come up with a penalty to discourage it.

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
It's never been the result, just the action of throwing it forward that's been the issue.

Intent has always been the difficult thing to prove - in this case, it couldn't have been anymore deliberate.

Ref probably would have allowed it to play on and played advantage if he didn't see the flag up. I believe he only blew the penalty since he saw the flag was up and got the 101 on the situation.

Regardless, a dumb play.

Cult3

State of Origin Captain
The whole forward pass concept is based on the premise of the off side ruling...imo.
This isn't right because if the player who is getting the ball passed to them is behind the player before the pass is thrown it is still a forward pass.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.