Round 26 Discussion

But why wasn't it play on for the Titans? They should have got advantage right and they would have scored.

I think that is where the ref messed up. It should have been play on.

Well for one, the touchie had his flag up as if he'd gone out. But then why wasn't it just half time?

Yes, I know Reynolds was actually still in the field of play when he threw the pass.

I think Cummins got a little confused.

He doesn't give a penalty straight away. At first he blows the whistle when the touchie raised his flag, had a few words with him I think and then blew the penalty..

Deliberate forward pass, so yeah. Doesn't matter where it lands or whom it lands with.

I think a deliberate forward pass needs to have your player in an offside position.....how does that work in this case? I'd like to see a reference to the rule book before I accept your answer.

Let's just call it a clusterfuck and move on.

I'm curious about the technical ruling if that's ok with you .....

I think a deliberate forward pass needs to have your player in an offside position.....how does that work in this case? I'd like to see a reference to the rule book before I accept your answer.

It doesn't go into much detail in the rulebook. It just says if a player deliberately throws a ball forward or knocks on, it's a penalty.

Deliberate 1. A player shall be penalised if he deliberately knocks on or passes forward.

If the Referee is of the opinion that a player in giving a forward pass must have been well aware that the catcher was in front of him then the referee is justified in ruling that the ball has been deliberately thrown forward

Last edited:
Sounds ambiguous and vague enough to be in the rule book. Still......I'm not 100% sold.

I think a deliberate forward pass needs to have your player in an offside position

Why do you think this?

I don't see the drama.

Did he deliberately throw it forward? Yes or No?

It wasn't a penalty for a forward pass, it was Grade 1 being a dickhead.

Why do you think this?

I don't see the drama.

Why do you think this?

The whole forward pass concept is based on the premise of the off side ruling...imo.

I don't see the drama.

Well, there's no drama per se...rather just a simple discussion about the technical ruling, one which I was hoping to be able to quantify as being absolute. That appears impossible, due to the vagueness of the rule book.

Yes....to the opposition. I would have thought that in itself would be penalty enough. I was unaware that the rule makers would have been thinking that players would gain such an unfair advantage by passing the ball to the other team, that they would need to come up with a penalty to discourage it.

It's never been the result, just the action of throwing it forward that's been the issue.

Intent has always been the difficult thing to prove - in this case, it couldn't have been anymore deliberate.

Ref probably would have allowed it to play on and played advantage if he didn't see the flag up. I believe he only blew the penalty since he saw the flag was up and got the 101 on the situation.

Regardless, a dumb play.

The whole forward pass concept is based on the premise of the off side ruling...imo.

This isn't right because if the player who is getting the ball passed to them is behind the player before the pass is thrown it is still a forward pass.

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • Organix
  • Matheos
  • BroncosAlways
  • BruiserMk1
  • Jazza
  • Foordy
  • bb_gun
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wolfie
  • Financeguy
  • Galah
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Strop
  • HarryAllan7
  • theshed
  • Johnny92
  • BroncoFan94
  • jd87
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.