Round 26 Discussion

6 weeks ago I had us written off so anything else is a bonus really. Now I think we can win the whole thing so bring on anyone. Something about the way Bennett has been smiling and laughing alot in the coaches box lately.

Would much rather have finished 6th tbh. But then we'd have to play the fucking Achilles Panthers and likely get knocked out in the first round...but after that would be ok, smooth sailing against the Sharks (I expect Canberra to beat them) and then Canberra. Definitely an easier draw than Cows/Storm.

Having said that, I think we can beat the Cows. Not so sure of the Storm. At this stage, I think the Storm will win it - though as we showed last week, they are beatable.

I'm not sure the Storm are going as well as that. They have been beaten by us and Canberra in the last month and even the Sharks last night butchered 4 tries with horrible last pass execution.

Personally I would rate our chances better against them than the cows.

Would much rather have finished 6th tbh. But then we'd have to play the fucking Achilles Panthers and likely get knocked out in the first round...but after that would be ok, smooth sailing against the Sharks (I expect Canberra to beat them) and then Canberra. Definitely an easier draw than Cows/Storm.

Having said that, I think we can beat the Cows. Not so sure of the Storm. At this stage, I think the Storm will win it - though as we showed last week, they are beatable.
5th is better, pretty sure we play the loser of 1v4 (Cows) in the second game, then the winner of 2v3 (Raiders) in the prelim.

Josh Hodgson is dominating this game, laid on 2 tries and just scored one.

After watching this weekends games and seeing the shit both teams have been getting away with every single week, does anyone think the NRL isn't trying to get a Sharks VS Raiders Grand Final?

After watching this weekends games and seeing the shit both teams have been getting away with every single week, does anyone think the NRL isn't trying to get a Sharks VS Raiders Grand Final?

The Sharks are cooked, not even a 2014 Souths run sponsored by the NRL will help them. Unfortunately I think Melbourne are going to win it. We have to beat the Titans (God knows shit teams somehow manage to turn into diamonds against us: see the Warriors) and then the cows (probably) in NQ. I think we're a massive chance, probably the best chance a team outside of the four has ever had, of winning the thing, but it's going to be tough, and I don't think any other side apart from the cows (who don't look great tbh) can hang with Melbourne.

Last edited:
So Wighton and Ennis should be gone if the NRL are serious.

EDIT: Just heard that Ennis wasn't even charged. LOL at the NRL

Last edited:
So we could pretty much put up the pre-game thread for week 1 now...

Guess the shoulder charge is back if Ennis and Wighton get off.

Lets just get rid of the rules because finals.

The Raiders have had a very easy run this year. They have played the Broncos once (during Origin), Cowboys once (Also during origin), and the Storm once. So their 2nd placing on the ladder means they've had wins over the Eels, Manly (2), Bulldogs (2), Panthers, Tigers (2), Warriors (2), Cowboys (During Origin), Sharks (Another easy run), Roosters, Rabbitohs, Titans, Knights and the Storm.

They have lost to the Titans, Eels, Sharks, Panthers, Dragons, Broncos and a draw with the Newcastle fucking Knights. Anyone disagree that they have had an easy draw in 2016?

That Wighton shoulder charge was more arms then shoulder really, would be ridiculous if was suspended for that.

You couldn't be more wrong. The NRL and channel 9 hate it when all the Queensland teams/Storm are eliminated because it kills of tv ratings and interest from QLD because the QLD public and league community don't care about games that don't involve QLD teams so almost no one in QLD watches as result bringing in less money and ratings for the networks and game in general.

Also the Raiders dominated the Tigers and the Sharks got beaten by 20 points :rofl:

The Raiders have had a very easy run this year. They have played the Broncos once (during Origin), Cowboys once (Also during origin), and the Storm once. So their 2nd placing on the ladder means they've had wins over the Eels, Manly (2), Bulldogs (2), Panthers, Tigers (2), Warriors (2), Cowboys (During Origin), Sharks (Another easy run), Roosters, Rabbitohs, Titans, Knights and the Storm.

They have lost to the Titans, Eels, Sharks, Panthers, Dragons, Broncos and a draw with the Newcastle fucking Knights. Anyone disagree that they have had an easy draw in 2016?

And then a woefully out of form Sharks in week 1 of the finals.

That Wighton shoulder charge was more arms then shoulder really, would be ridiculous if was suspended for that.

You couldn't be more wrong. The NRL and channel 9 hate it when all the Queensland teams/Storm are eliminated because it kills of tv ratings and interest from QLD because the QLD public and league community don't care about games that don't involve QLD teams so almost no one in QLD watches as result bringing in less money and ratings for the networks and game in general.

Also the Raiders dominated the Tigers and the Sharks got beaten by 20 points :rofl:

They aren't trying to eliminate QLD teams yet. Has that belief you have helped QLD teams in any year other than 2015 when they were clearly a step above everyone else? Nope. As soon as the Tigers got on the front foot today they copped some bullshit penalties and then the Raiders did the same thing and got away with it. They're the type of team that would run down the Raiders like a few already have this year but weren't given the opportunity.

The Sharks weren't able to be saved because they got dominated but the refs sure as hell tried. Next you'll try and tell me the Rabbitohs and the Bulldogs were the 2 best teams of 2014.

Last edited:
Also Ennis escaping suspension is absolute crap. Can anyone explain what the reasoning is without it being bias or flat out cheating?

The draw always looks easier in the rear view mirror.

Unless you're Newcastle.

That's cute.

Toughness score? I wonder what the toughness score was for Round 3?

That's cute.

Toughness score? I wonder what the toughness score was for Round 3?

You mean when they had a draw with the Knights? Doesn't that kinda prove my point of them not being as good as some will have you believe? Something that I pointed out in my earlier post.

Active Now

• lynx000
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Broncosarethebest
  • marw
  • RolledOates
  • Browny
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.