Round 26 Discussion

Call me crazy (even a week ago, I would have laughed at this comment), but Melbourne look beatable tonight, Canberra just don't look like the ones to beat them.

Get a little luck, bash them in the forwards and you're a chance.

They just look like they may have peaked too early - I personally think there's a good chance they won't even make the GF. Maybe that's more a hope, but time will tell.

Last edited:
"Cooper Cronk only has one foot behind the ball"
HE WAS A BLOODY KILOMETER OFFSIDE!

Gould says any team is beatable, but the Broncos are no chance against the Roosters...

Go figure that one out.

Disappointing final 5 minutes from your guy @Super Freak.

How did he not award Tohu that try?

Also missed the falcon on Austin...and didn't bin Leilua.

He's a dud mate, Henry Perenara is laughing at him.

Gould says any team is beatable, but the Broncos are no chance against the Roosters...

Go figure that one out.

Did you just hear about what he said about all the finals team this weekend?

The Broncos don't even exist to Gus at the moment.

Apparently we aren't worth a mention.

Paraphrasing for those who didn't watch the game or watched it on Fox...

'Aside from Manly every other finals side has been poor this round. The Eels were poor on Thursday, Roosters and Penrith today...'

Despite finishing 3rd, the Broncos have absolutely no prospects.

Go figure that one out.
I'd be extremely disappointed if the Broncos didn't prevail in this one. I'd also be extremely surprised if the Chooks don't fall in straight sets. I'm a big fan of Gus but I think he is wrong here.

I'd be extremely disappointed if the Broncos didn't prevail in this one. I'd also be extremely surprised if the Chooks don't fall in straight sets. I'm a big fan of Gus but I think he is wrong here.

Good on him for making a controversial statement. Too many of these media personalities flap their gums ut they just spout the same safe bullshit. I like it when somebody says somebody controversial. Either it adds something to the spectacle or it offers up a perspective that really makes you think about your footy side.

For what it's worth, I don't think it's completely unfounded. When a side gets 9 tries put on them in their final home game, they lose whatever aura they had heading into the finals. Especially now that it appears Darius Boyd will be missing from the game.

Good on him for making a controversial statement. Too many of these media personalities flap their gums ut they just spout the same safe bullshit. I like it when somebody says somebody controversial. Either it adds something to the spectacle or it offers up a perspective that really makes you think about your footy side.

For what it's worth, I don't think it's completely unfounded. When a side gets 9 tries put on them in their final home game, they lose whatever aura they had heading into the finals. Especially now that it appears Darius Boyd will be missing from the game.

I agree that we have lost some of our aura coming into the finals due to that loss but his complete disregard for the Broncos finals chances is rubbish.

Never backs his statements up with reasons.

Liked him up until our game vs Titans in the finals last year. Since then he can get fucked, don't care what his thoughts on us are. They are irrelevant.

I tend to disagree. A week ago, it was all doom and gloom and I was certainly a part of that.

But based on round 26 thus far, the 2 teams who played tough, dogged semi final football are us and Manly. Neither team blew their opposition away, but they did get down in the trenches and showed they were more determined than their opponent. With that, I think we showed what we're capable of.

Re: Melbourne. They didn't look great for mine, particularly in the middle 50 minutes. They seemed to click back into gear at the end, but that's very unlike them to almost go missing for such a large chunk of the game.

Someone commented on here recently that Bellamy can't even stand to lose a trial match, so I don't think the idea that they were just going through the motions is accurate within their team - particularly with so many milestones / celebrations happening tonight.

Gus has always talked shit about the Broncos. When the Storm were caught cheating all he wanted to do was talk about the Broncos and how the game had a big problem if their side is okay. When the Broncos signed Roberts he said it was unfair and they needed to overhaul the transfer window system so teams could draft these free agents into their club. When the Broncos won in 2000 he said it was the weakest competition of all-time and in 2006 he was one of the most out-spoken critics of the Broncos (you can throw a handkerchief over them!).

I still enjoy what he has to say because he clearly watches a lot of football and while I don't often agree with his opinions he can point to instances he's talking about.

Gus's commentary drives me insane, but I do enjoy listening to his thoughts on the game outside of the commentary box. Like everyone in rugby league, he certainly has his agendas

Dragons have loaded up on the Cowboys to make the 8...

Active Now

• Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.