Round 26 Discussion

Edit: Flaming.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't really think that they are what you described but I feel that the Eels are susceptible to believing their own hype

They just aren't a very good side. Just playing sides that make them look good week to week. Apart from Brisbane who had their worst performance in a few years they have beaten nobody of note. Draw has been cruisy aswell

They just aren't a very good side. Just playing sides that make them look good week to week. Apart from Brisbane who had their worst performance in a few years they have beaten nobody of note. Draw has been cruisy aswell
They have good combinations within players, they don't respect the ball enough. I feel that they are a decent team but their storyline will get them further than their playing abilities

They have good combinations within players, they don't respect the ball enough. I feel that they are a decent team but their storyline will get them further than their playing abilities

They are the media darlings this year. Being talked up more than their actual capabilities. Moses being the cornerstone.

They are the media darlings this year. Being talked up more than their actual capabilities. Moses being the cornerstone.
Bit like the NSW Blues after game 1

I think he is a bit of a tosser at times but if you watch a bit of nfl and american sports shows max kellerman makes a great point about mediocrity and top tier teams in high contact salary cap sports. He says that you have 2 or 3 really bad teams in the league and then you have the majority that are .500 teams and then 1 or 2 elite teams. Those middle teams records and positions are then determined by luck with injuries and draws and matchups. But at their foundation they are just a middle of the road team. Eels remind me of one of those middle teams. They could easily be a bottom of the 8 side without the luck.

Not always the case but he makes a really good point.

I think the Eels have had every player make it onside about ten times over the last two weeks.

2 terrible calls leading up to that try. Clear strip and forward pass. That touchy on the far side is having a barry crocker

God Cody Walker is a very good player. Would be nice to see his coach keep him in his preferred spot and work around him instead of chopping and changing

Hospital ball from Sutton. Couldn't telegraph it any better

Any chance of farah to give the halves early ball. Bloke is cancerous to attacking football

Even though Parra will win, shit there is some worrying signs for them

Melbourne are going to absolutely thrash Parramatta.

Another easy ride to Week 3 for Melbourne

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Fitzy
  • Jedhead
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.