POST GAME [Round 27, 2024] Broncos vs Storm

Well Corey didn't exactly announce his retirement or anything. And to be honest, Corey has always fucked the club around and only dealt with his contract after the seasons finished so I guess the clubs taking the exact same stance.

I truly dont know where you get this information from. He gave up a year of his contract last year because the club basically begged him to do it so they could use his money for other players, and the time before that he didnt even go to market and it got announced before the deadline. He's never stuffed the club around in regards to his contracts. They have always know where they stood with him.

Its embarrassing on the part of the Broncos really that they havent even discussed anything with him if he is staying or going.
They have champion. They told him it’s highly unlikely. They just haven’t ruled it out cause they have clearly decided that the majority of R&R processes and decisions will be reviewed and analyzed before decisions are made.

Its embarrassing on the part of the Broncos really that they havent even discussed anything with him if he is staying or going.
Exactly. He must know but **** the fans.
A great clubman fucked over by the numptys running the shitshow
He might have dropped off a bit last 2 seasons but still got more heart than most of the squad.
Maybe he will get a pay day in ESL deserves it

Exactly. He must know but **** the fans.
A great clubman fucked over by the numptys running the shitshow
He might have dropped off a bit last 2 seasons but still got more heart than most of the squad.
Maybe he will get a pay day in ESL deserves it

I dont think he will go to England tbh.

As i said before though, the Broncos have left him hanging. He doesnt know whats happening, but i reckon he will by the end of next week.

As i said before though, the Broncos have left him hanging. He doesnt know whats happening, but i reckon he will by the end of next week.
Maybe he could be kept around the club but I doubt it.
I can’t really see him in ESL to be honest.
A statue at Suncorp would be fitting though😆

I didn’t see the eels v tigers game but obviously was shit defence.
I think we can take heart though that our defence isn’t as bad as this Souths defence.
These highly paid professionals are a fucking joke to the fans that are on breadcrumbs compared to them

I love Oatsey but let’s be honest, whether they’ve told him or not, he knows whats happening. He ain’t playing NRL next year

I love Oatsey but let’s be honest, whether they’ve told him or not, he knows whats happening. He ain’t playing NRL next year

I can see a club willing to take him on. Probably have some surgery on his knee thats troubling him most of the year and he's worth a risk. Problem is, he would take minimum wage here, i doubt he is doing that anywhere else.

While he wasnt great last night, i dont think he was any worse than all his backline team mates. He's been ok this year, nothing more really. We would have probably got more out of him if they let him transition to back row like the plan was at the start of the year. The lack of depth changed the plan and its had an effect.

I'd be amazed if Oates went to ESL. Seems way too at home in QLD and with his young kids that'd be a huge move.

Guessing a quiet retirement announcement and a job in some form with the club.

He's been talking about selling his property at Samford, which he will make a ton of money on and moving his family into the country.

Not true. Parra defeated Bris 68-22 in the final round of 2007.
Oh yeah, and then we went down to the cap cheats 40-0 the first week of the finals, with Sam Thaiday playing 6.

Turns out it wasn't even in our top 10.

ScreenScreenshot 2024 09 07 at 06 46 17 List of Brisbane Broncos records   Wikipedia

This sums up how seriously they took us:

I reckon he thought he was gonna burn Billy with some fancy footwork , then his hammy gave up . No way Billy would catch him if he was 100 % .

I reckon he thought he was gonna burn Billy with some fancy footwork , then his hammy gave up . No way Billy would catch him if he was 100 % .
No one else could be arsed chasing him. Billy was playing like he was trying to save his old man's job.

Active Now

• LittleDavey
  • Lurker
  • Battler
  • Fitzy
  • FACTHUNT
  • Hoof Hearted
  • davidp
  • Skyblues87
  • Fozz
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Aldo
  • Brocko
  • Shane Tronc
  • GCBRONCO
  • the_next
  • Foordy
  • HVbronco
  • broncsgoat
  • thenry
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.