POST GAME [Round 3, 2022] Broncos vs Cowboys

The actual ****

we made Tom Dearden look good. The actual **** we tried that for three years!

I've been posting on this forum for around 10 years under various usernames and it always seems to be the same formula. The supposed superstars of this forum with 15K posts plus talk up these youngsters (back in the day it was Kurtis Lingwoodock who amounted to jack shit), youngster gets picked for 1st grade and are hopeless, the rest of the nuffies jump up and down and complain about why these players aren't any good.

That right edge needs work

left side defence solid but Kelly had one of his games which made people wonder if he was up for continual first grade

need some mongrel in the pack, it goes forward well but has no punch

that fullback question is far from answered.

farnworth, Oates, Palasia and Haas can’t walk out with their heads held high

I've been posting on this forum for around 10 years under various usernames and it always seems to be the same formula. The supposed superstars of this forum with 15K posts plus talk up these youngsters (back in the day it was Kurtis Lingwoodock who amounted to jack shit), youngster gets picked for 1st grade and are hopeless, the rest of the nuffies jump up and down and complain about why these players aren't any good.

That's rubbish, mate.

Should have gone after cowboys coach much harder.

Welp, not much you can really say about that one. Just a very, very disappointing result. You could see the mental state of both sides in naked view when Cobbo and Oates broke away and just did nothing with it. Put the fucking foot down you slugs. That last try before HT was the back breaker, just exactly the sort of head drop moment that would get to this side. Between that and the two kicks out on the full from Reynolds, you knew it was just not gonna be our day. What is really shocking though is the slaughter it ended up being. That is just unacceptable.

The Cows were well up for it and we weren't, that's the beginning and end of it. Sorry Kev but you have to wear that loss between the eyes. Didn't get the team up mentally in the lead up, then left Turpin out there for way too long when it was clear to anyone watching he is useless, Staggs had just about the worst game of his career, delivered that shit effort on Dearden which opened it up for Holmes then the floodgates opened, outplayed all across the park......Farnworth and Haas are just about the only two players that turned up. Don't even know who to give the 1 point to.

The backline in particular, Farnworth the exception are just not delivering for the forwards at the moment. Very forgettable day for Staggs especially but also Oates and Cobbo. All three of them need a rocket. Niu had a shocker as well but that choice has been made and we have to live with it now.

What really stands out to me though is the ladder. The reigning premiers are the only team worth feeding in a 16 team comp after 3 rounds. That is a horrendous look for the NRL.

3. Farnworth
2. Haas
1. ???

It's not the loss that hurts, it's how we lost that does it,

Solid first-half, though frustrating to concede a late try.

That second half, though? Incredibly disappointing. A complete capitulation. Like the past few seasons, a few things go wrong or against us, and the boys just give up. I don't know what to say.

Absolutely pathetic.
Expect better from Reynolds, those back to back kicking errors were terrible.
Staggs, we gave him the bag while he doesn't go looking for any work (see Herbie) and is a walking error.
Cobbo, hit the weights, you're just getting tossed around like nothing.
Carrigan, quit the halfback audition and please just get us rolling forward first.
Niu, omg why the heck did we release Isaako?! Not a fan of Isaako at all, but he's Slater compared to this guy. Niu is never in position to prevent tries and is too scared to take a high ball

100% these players have been reading how good they apparently are.

Reynolds, Staggs, Niu with nothing but absolute shockers this afternoon.
Something seriously needs to be done about Staggs, there is something very off there.

We need a new 9 & 1 sorry, Tesi isn’t what we need. Hopefully the MRC give Turpin at least 2weeks and we finally get to see Paix/Walters.

Shocking defence, horrendous attack.

This is the first time this year we’ve come up against decent opposition and we’ve been shown that maybe we haven’t improved as much as everyone thinks we have.

Again, Herbie our best. And that’s saying something (absolutely nothing against Herbie, I love him.)

Happy for Tommy Dearden, he played out of his skin and showed both our halves up for mine.

Extremely disappointing overall and one thing is for sure, Reynolds will know he’s arrived at Brisbane after this one..

0.5/10.

I bet you were talking up Tesi and Cobbo all off season. :kimlo:

I haven't seen enough of either to 'talk them up'. I've only seen Niu's performances in first grade.

Ergo, I refrain from hyping up players based on reading other people's posts.

Why do you have a stick up your butt about people talking up players anyway? How does that affect anything? People are entitled to be excited about young prospects coming through, it's hardly their fault if they don't live up to their performances in lower grades.

Unread

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Broncorob
  • Fitzy
  • Foordy
  • Aldo
  • Hurrijo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • Behold
  • Morkel
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Old Mate
  • Johnny92
  • Jazza
  • Fozz
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • heartly87
  • The Don
  • Griffo
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.