Thursday
Night
19:00

Broncos

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baker is better than you think .
He had surgery during pre season . He will continue to improve . Did you not notice the speed of his PTB last week or his offload ?
Not at all what I meant. I understand how you got to that but not what I meant. I think you will find I was one of about 5 people who gave him the wraps he deserved last week.

More so that from last years GF Fish, Leniu, Haas, Flegler and Palasia are all not playing this game because of injuries and signing elsewhere. Sure we have some handy inclusions like Baker, Jensen and now Willison (thank god) but when the team list got named they were gonna have a whole 40 minutes without there usual Fish-Leota presence in the middle. Whilst we were going to be ‘full-strength’ (even though we really weren’t cause X wasn’t there). All of a sudden we have gone from 2 of the best middle rotations we have seen in club land to fairly middle of the pack forward packs this round. I think Jensen, Willison, Baker, Hetho and even Taupau for his small stint shit on there alternatives but they still have Yeo and Leota through the middle we have just Carrigan. Will be a different battle as a result of a loss of quality is all I’m saying.

I think we can win it simply because we just have the better quality in impacted areas whereas they are relying heavily on a very dominant Leota display and Yeo picking up more work than he already does. I like Lindsay Smith but he really is the best of the rest and that’s not a great sign for them.

I actually prefer our middles still but there outside backs do a mountain of work that is of the level of upper echelon forwards. We don’t have that. Look I’ll take the loss under these circumstances just for Willison to prove Kev wrong. I think it’s just as tight to call as it was before anyone was out though. I think Fish is a really big out for them without the back up of Leniu anymore. Whereas we get to include a pretty good player as a result of Haas being out. Nowhere near Haas’ level don’t get me wrong but he is in better nick than nearly all our middles bar Patty, with Jensen and Baker as debatable. So in that regard we get a nice inclusion where they just get bummed.

Will be close still, I back our boys to win. I back the decision to not play both Reyno and Haas as well. Not a game that would have been a planned ‘we should win’ at the start of the year so better off resting and chancing the loss this week rather than on a week you really would want to have gotten a W like Cows, Storm etc.

Good game and a good test for some other blokes without it really having much of a bearing on our side. We win confidence can skyrocket, we lose well we have a handy excuse or two to fall back on.

For all of those saying we have no chance...do you remember round 1 last year and the fact that we were missing Walsh?
Although the losses are huge, this team is better positioned and more resilient to be able to cope.
Only have to look at the Storm. Were without two of their best, Munster and NSA and won in round 1 against Penrith.

Is anyone saying he's "bad?" Or that he hasn't shown enough to succeed Reyno?

It's unfair to compare him to Reyno, one has won premierships and played Origin, the other is yet to lock down a starting spot in the NRL.

I am of the view they're saying he's no good because they're directly comparing him to Reyno, which again, is unfair.

It's also unfair to mark this game down as his time to shine, he needs to play well, they all do. Payne Haas has just been ruled out and as a result (channelling my inner Warren Smith) we may get dominated in the middle. If that happens, it's not all on Jock. At this point I am suggesting Payne is a bigger out than Reyno.

Anything short of 250 run metres, 25 tackles and no misses, 5 offloads and 80 minutes played then I’m off him and he needs to be cut immediately

I know you're saying that tongue in cheek but you just know there will be fans who expect that, based off his rep game in the pre-season.

Not at all what I meant. I understand how you got to that but not what I meant. I think you will find I was one of about 5 people who gave him the wraps he deserved last week.

More so that from last years GF Fish, Leniu, Haas, Flegler and Palasia are all not playing this game because of injuries and signing elsewhere. Sure we have some handy inclusions like Baker, Jensen and now Willison (thank god) but when the team list got named they were gonna have a whole 40 minutes without there usual Fish-Leota presence in the middle. Whilst we were going to be ‘full-strength’ (even though we really weren’t cause X wasn’t there). All of a sudden we have gone from 2 of the best middle rotations we have seen in club land to fairly middle of the pack forward packs this round. I think Jensen, Willison, Baker, Hetho and even Taupau for his small stint shit on there alternatives but they still have Yeo and Leota through the middle we have just Carrigan. Will be a different battle as a result of a loss of quality is all I’m saying.

I think we can win it simply because we just have the better quality in impacted areas whereas they are relying heavily on a very dominant Leota display and Yeo picking up more work than he already does. I like Lindsay Smith but he really is the best of the rest and that’s not a great sign for them.

I actually prefer our middles still but there outside backs do a mountain of work that is of the level of upper echelon forwards. We don’t have that. Look I’ll take the loss under these circumstances just for Willison to prove Kev wrong. I think it’s just as tight to call as it was before anyone was out though. I think Fish is a really big out for them without the back up of Leniu anymore. Whereas we get to include a pretty good player as a result of Haas being out. Nowhere near Haas’ level don’t get me wrong but he is in better nick than nearly all our middles bar Patty, with Jensen and Baker as debatable. So in that regard we get a nice inclusion where they just get bummed.

Will be close still, I back our boys to win. I back the decision to not play both Reyno and Haas as well. Not a game that would have been a planned ‘we should win’ at the start of the year so better off resting and chancing the loss this week rather than on a week you really would want to have gotten a W like Cows, Storm etc.

Good game and a good test for some other blokes without it really having much of a bearing on our side. We win confidence can skyrocket, we lose well we have a handy excuse or two to fall back on.

Right , clear as mud ...

It would be a massive effort but if we respect the ball and territory, and are hungry for the physicality, we are still in with a shot.

It's going to be really interesting - I can't remember the last game I watched them without JFH (outside of a game they rest everyone). They are missing Spencer, IMO. Ivan would throw him on when JFH and Leota had established momentum and would have him run at tired hookers and they are missing that off the bench completely.

I wonder if Kevvie waited to until panthers dropped their teamlist before pulling Haas... Thought he mentioned he was able to play sometime this week, but with JFH pulled maybe Kevvie has decided to do the same.

For all of those saying we have no chance...do you remember round 1 last year and the fact that we were missing Walsh?
Although the losses are huge, this team is better positioned and more resilient to be able to cope.
Only have to look at the Storm. Were without two of their best, Munster and NSA and won in round 1 against Penrith.

You are going to get pumped. Nobody out there disagrees with that. Obviously, 13+ is guaranteed. The real challenge for your blokes will be keeping it under 30+

You are going to get pumped. Nobody out there disagrees with that. Obviously, 13+ is guaranteed. The real challenge for your blokes will be keeping it under 30+
I'm sure that isn't going to jinx them or anything.

After our blessed run last year with very few injuries, it was always going to be frusterating when our luck turned and we inevitably picked a few up.

I've always said the difference between a good side and average side is how you deal with missing players. Look at the storm the last two weeks, Penrith over the last couple of origin periods and even Brisbane last year.

The next man up mantality really is a good indicator of how well your club is travelling. I'm fascinated to see if we roll our sleeves up and go to work this week or go back to 2021/2022 broncos of cracking at the slightest sign of things getting hard.

I think we'll learn alot from this one.

I'm sure that isn't going to jinx them or anything.

How your blokes let go of that grand final is beyond me. Mam had it in the bag...there never will be a choke like that again

How your blokes let go of that grand final is beyond me. Mam had it in the bag...there never will be a choke like that again
Yeah there will, when you guys have it done to you by us in October.

And Ladies* we support them too. **** time to be hurt again like a son of bitch.

And Ladies* we support them too. **** time to be hurt again like a son of bitch.

Is there a way you can show Kevvie or the club where on the doll it hurts, so he can put accommodations in place for you before Friday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Justwin
  • Midean
  • Sproj
  • broncoscope
  • Hurrijo
  • Brocko
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Brotherdu
  • Mister Wright
  • phoenix
  • Fatboy
  • Jazza
  • broncos4life
  • I bleed Maroon
  • barker
  • Broncos Maestro
  • ivanhungryjak
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.