Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Praise the Lord, I've been calling out for this to happen. Better late than never. They obviously missed that session out in the off-season. @Wolfie's golden bollocks is most definitely the worst offender, but he's got plenty of company in that regard. It would be nice to see us up at above 90% completion rate by half-time as it will mean we'll have the juice to compete in the second.

He isnt the worst offender, he just was last week!

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Good point, he's made 3 errors so far in 2021, in 2020 he only made 4 the entire year.

Dont look at the stats a great deal, how many were last week? He seems a bit sluggish to me in the first couple of games.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
Seems judging by the interview they have spoken about the fatigue element. I think after last year and so far this year it's as much mental with some of these blokes as it is physical. It quite an issue imo.
I think it's most notable when we're under the pump. Instead of steadying the ship some want to pull off a spectacular 1% play when it's just not on. This then compounds the pressure they are under and leads to more fatigue, which in turn leads to more panic and more errors and before we know it we've given away three soft tries. The whole backline chorus on here knows and have been crying out for some leadership to steady the young guns, but Lexy only has the single finger in the air and "one set guy" call in his kitbag. Perhaps some of the old boys might give him a few pointers in how to calm the cattle in times of pressure as he sure as shit has no clue at present.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Dearden to be named on the bench according to Badel.

I really don’t see this as being a good idea. Hopefully Kev is leaking this as mind games to put pressure on the 2 duds.

Last edited:
NSW stables

NSW stables

NRL Player
May 3, 2019
Looking at training photos it looked like oates may have been on the wing (blue vest/reserve) and croft was throwing a pass to tesi, so perhaps kevie may have had milf and croft swap sides, and oates may have have dropped his intention to pursue a career in the second row

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
Obviously used the wrong word, tackle not line.
That’s fine, but they are nowhere near the same thing. 2 players in a tackle, one falls off the other successfully makes the tackle. That’s a tackle break and it’s why those stats are a lot higher than line break.

Probably closely linked to his PCM I guess which is a credit to him, but few of his stats place him high in the field of NRL fullbacks and I doubt they ever will.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
That’s fine, but they are nowhere near the same thing. 2 players in a tackle, one falls off the other successfully makes the tackle. That’s a tackle break and it’s why those stats are a lot higher than line break.
Is that actually how they count that stat?

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Penrith beat Melbourne by 2. We need to beat the Dogs by 23 to leapfrog the Storm on the table. I reckon we can do that.
Surely we go in as favourites if we win by 23.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
That is my understanding, otherwise it’s a line break.

I don't think that's the case. Plenty of tackles have been broken by shrugging off one-on-one defenders and the ball-carrier doesn't get close to breaking the line, like someone crabbing sidewards or getting away from a marker before actually getting to the defensive line.

I think a tackle break is only counted if all hands-on tacklers are evaded. One in the tackle, they're shrugged off, that's a tackle break. Two in the tackle, one drops off but the other brings them down, no tackle break.

Active Now

• john1420
  • Sproj
  • rj9
  • Fozz
  • Big Del
  • lakers133334
  • FACTHUNT
  • Evander
  • bazza
  • Gaz
  • NSW stables
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.