Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Hahaha @BooKhaki those of us who have been here a while realise @Huge has a history of taking a shine to above average plodders.

He is as loyal as they come and will defend his boys to the hilt.
Give it a miss champ or we will be stuck here a while .

Hmmm how about Sione Katoa at the dogs... that guy is absolutely useless

Whoever was subbing in at fullback for Manly last year whenever Turbo was out. Brandon something???

Dylan Napa is just flat out useless

Jack Williams at the sharks is pretty trash

Coen Hess is looking pretty trash at the moment and has been since his debut season

Nene MacDonald is a shadow of his former self and looks trash nowadays

I'm also taking Kennedy over Joffa so you can add him to the list

Granville is pretty trash nowadays

Shiba is looking garbage

That's probably what I've got off the top of my head

Katoa - Yep he is pretty useless, definitely one of the worst
Napa - Been poor last few years but has shown even with his form this year he is still NRL standard, no longer rep standard.
Williams - Good young player. He will easily finish with a better career.
Hess - Has turned to garbage. Barely first grade standard anymore.
MacDonald - Coming back from a decent break. Still first grade standard compared to some of the wingers getting picked.
Joffa - Not even a comparison. You've probably only added him to the list because he left Brisbane.
Granville - Another one who has gone downhill.
Shiba - Has never been any good. There is a reason he is only a depth option for Newcastle, but you've only added him because of his hands on the weekend.

Hahaha @BooKhaki those of us who have been here a while realise @Huge has a history of taking a shine to above average plodders.

Kennedy is a very strange one to rate highly. The only positive for him is his size, it's a shame he doesn't use it very often. Maybe that's why he went with the @Huge username, bit of a size queen.

Kennedy is a very strange one to rate highly. The only positive for him is his size, it's a shame he doesn't use it very often. Maybe that's why he went with the @Huge username, bit of a size queen.
He’s actually Huge, just ask him

No.

I won't argue the fact that I think it's fair to consider players who manage to play first grade over multiple seasons to be called first graders and their achievements noted.

BookHaki is calling a solid first grader rubbish, without evidence. It's easy to give credit to superstars but the Michael Devere's of our game deserve respect too. Yes, I guess I do like 'broken things' so it's, @Dexter opinion, a fair call.

I won't argue the fact that I think it's fair to consider players who manage to play first grade over multiple seasons to be called first graders and their achievements noted.

BookHaki is calling a solid first grader rubbish, without evidence. It's easy to give credit to superstars but the Michael Devere's of our game deserve respect too. Yes, I guess I do like 'broken things' so it's, @Dexter opinion, a fair call.
Kennedy isn't a solid first grader. My evidence is all the games he has played in first grade. He has played maybe 5 games where he wasn't a complete liability.

I just remember the Nutley conversation. I was with you btw

Kennedy isn't a solid first grader. My evidence is all the games he has played in first grade. He has played maybe 5 games where he wasn't a complete liability.
Do you ever ask yourself why coaches keep playing him then

Speaking of Hess, what happened to him? He has just gone backwards since his first season, without exception.
He has a total lack of aggression, that simple really. He is a big body and for whatever reason he does not know how to use it or doesn't like to use it. I feel he was likely a specimen all his life and never really had to go there before coming into the NRL. The Cows had him hitting holes out wide, I think he was just found out in the end. Put some contact on him and he folds,Martin Kennedy style.

Last edited:
I just remember the Nutley conversation. I was with you btw
Wow, I wasn't going back that far! I was thinking Waddell. There's no doubt you're right about me. I hate never was beens denigrating guys who actually have all the ingredients needed just to get into first grade.

Seeing Nuts prove to the world that everything I'd written and said about him was true is one of my favourite memories of rugby league. That and shoving it down the throat of that nazi dictator Coxy-licks.

He has a total lack of aggression, that simple really. He is a big body and for whatever reason he does not know how to use it or doesn't like to use it. I feel he was likely a specimen all his life and never really had to go there before coming into the NRL. The Cows had him hitting holes out wide, I think he was just found out in the end. Put some contact on him and he folds,Martin Kennedy style.

The issue with Hess is he was good at impact from the bench, then Green tried to turn him into something he isnt.

Well Kevvie played him due to injuries. Notice he wasn't there in round 1.
He was close though, named as a reserve. Now that he's in maybe he can prove you wrong, again and again and again. Of course, he might not play again this year but I haven't made any outrageous claims that he is a must pick so, I still won't be wrong about him.

Last edited:
He was close though, named as a reserve. Now that he's in maybe he can prove you wrong, again and again and again. Of course, he might not play again this year but I haven't made any outrageous claims that he is a must pick so, I still won't be wrong about him.
Yep. Him not being picked in a team fighting to avoid the spoon is a big positive for him as a player. It definitely proves he is solid first grader.

Katoa - Yep he is pretty useless, definitely one of the worst
Napa - Been poor last few years but has shown even with his form this year he is still NRL standard, no longer rep standard.
Williams - Good young player. He will easily finish with a better career.
Hess - Has turned to garbage. Barely first grade standard anymore.
MacDonald - Coming back from a decent break. Still first grade standard compared to some of the wingers getting picked.
Joffa - Not even a comparison. You've probably only added him to the list because he left Brisbane.
Granville - Another one who has gone downhill.
Shiba - Has never been any good. There is a reason he is only a depth option for Newcastle, but you've only added him because of his hands on the weekend.
I think the first one was Brendan Elliot. He did ok considering he's bounced around clubs then expected to replace Turbo. He did a lot of average things but managed some pretty decent efforts on occasion. Far from the worst firsts grader i've seen.
Shiba could almost never hold the ball for us so has reverted to his Broncos form. He managed to be not entirely useless for a few Knights games.

Speical mention of J. Leilua: the team would be better off if he wasn't on the field at all.

I think the first one was Brendan Elliot. He did ok considering he's bounced around clubs then expected to replace Turbo. He did a lot of average things but managed some pretty decent efforts on occasion. Far from the worst firsts grader i've seen.
Shiba could almost never hold the ball for us so has reverted to his Broncos form. He managed to be not entirely useless for a few Knights games.

Speical mention of J. Leilua: the team would be better off if he wasn't on the field at all.
J leilua is the biggest liability of a player

Active Now

• Brocko
  • FACTHUNT
  • broncsgoat
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Bish
  • Harry Sack
  • Fatboy
  • Foordy
  • Mister Wright
  • Robboi_321
  • Broncosgirl
  • broncos4life
  • jd87
  • Jedhead
  • Gaz
  • GCBRONCO
  • Jazza
  • Fitzy
  • sooticus
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.