vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initially I was riding the fence on this one, but I'm feeling more confident as we approach kick off tonight.

Looking for both Thaiday and Blair to fire up and get us going forward alongside Moose. Also thinking we'll see both Hunt and Milf taking it to the line and asking plenty of questions of the defence.

Two keys for us IMO :

Remain disciplined. No cheap penalties. Have to make them earn every meter.

Macca needs to stand up and keep our momentum rolling. I've been on his corner for some time, but he really does need to lift for us here.

I'm excited to see what Nikorima can bring to the side, and no more Parker to hooker...

What I wouldn't give to see Milford break the line a few times tonight

Broncos are the most penalised (22); Cowboys least penalised (8).

That's what's killing the Broncos. Discpline is being hammered every week it results in easy field position and more tackling in the Broncos case 166 more tackles over two weeks.

I like your enthusiasm and I think the Cowboys will be a much better team for Morgan in the halves.

I know it's sad to say, but I just hope we don't suck as badly as we did versus the Rabbitohs.

A committed, professional and error free performance is the best to hope for. Build on that.

We've got weeks before we can even start looking at Milford and Hunt's attacking game. I just can't see them busting out and producing an electric and cohesive 80 minute effort until the basics are right. At the moment we haven't even looked like making a line break in 160 minutes of football.

Broncos are the most penalised (22); Cowboys least penalised (8).

That's what's killing the Broncos. Discpline is being hammered every week it results in easy field position and more tackling in the Broncos case 166 more tackles over two weeks.

That's telling. We look behind the 8 ball on the new rule interpretation on both sides of the ruck.

Flat attack isn't always negative, Anderson really started it at the Storm and the Storm still do it with Smith. It's about forwards and momentum with quick play the balls.

Problem is if you don't get the quick play the balls or the momentum you just end up getting guys killed- it's like hitting the front man all the time and the defence is on him.
So so true....Melbourne swept all before them with that attack ,so much so that other clubs attempted a similar thing.

So so true....Melbourne swept all before them with that attack ,so much so that other clubs attempted a similar thing.

It all comes back to thai ming.

What do I want tonight?

I want to be entertained

That's what sport is to me; it is entertainment

Of course it's always better to see your team win rather than lose, but you can't win every game, and I remember in years gone by I never worried about winning or losing as much as wanting to be entertained; at the end of the game, win lose or draw, to be able to say "I enjoyed that"

In the past, that's not been a problem, but these last few years the style of play has not been very entertaining sadly

A lot is being made of the forward battle but if the Broncos are to win, it's going to take a good performance from the backs to get it there. I thought the Cowboys contained the Knights pretty easily in the forwards and really it was all about the backs getting in there and earning quick play the balls that really caught the Cowboys off guard. If you go back and look at the game, the match winning play was off the back of runs from Mata'utia, Gagai & I believe Uate before the ball finally went to Leilua who cut through some very tired forwards to score a soft try.

Of course there's a big problem, the Broncos backs really don't compare well to the Knights, especially on their day but it shouldn't stop them from at least trying to replicate those tactics before playing to our strengths which are on the edges with Hunt, Milford, Glenn and Gillett taking it to the line.

Outside of that, it should be about playing composed football and not giving away silly penalties. While I find the penalty count against the Broncos a touch absurd & think certain calls were unfair, there have been numerous incidents where we've given away dumb penalties and we've got to cut that out in order to limit JT's opportunities.

I reckon he's going to be in for a huge game JT. After the week he's had, I'm sure he'll love coming down to Suncorp Stadium where he's produced some of his best ever performances (some of them against us sadly) and remind people what he's capable of. I think champion players like him always get a free pass and while a lot was said about the attention he received from Scott, Smith and Houston very little was made about how poor he played. Even before he started getting bashed, he was throwing some shocking passes that killed whatever chance the Cowboys had of coming up with good last tackle plays and it seemed like he really struggled to get into the game, using his forwards instead to take hit up after hit up while he tried looking something, anything to score points. In the end, the best play he came up with was a dingey little kick for Lowe to score.

Sadly I can't see us beating the Cows tonight, they will be fired up after their first two losses and we tend to suck when playing at home these days. Dropping Lui will almost certainly work against us and their forward pack will be too difficult to contain so I'm sure they'll be able to put enough points on us. As has been mentioned already I'll be content with a close game and improvement from the previous two games (especially in attack), as well as less mistakes and penalties.

Did anyone else catch the article in which Bennett himself states that he doesn't think we can win another premiership until at least 2017? Although I agree somewhat with this statement I think he's being a little too honest with the fans.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...rship-until-2017/story-e6freon6-1227269863613

Did anyone else catch the article in which Bennett himself states that he doesn't think we can win another premiership until at least 2017? Although I agree somewhat with this statement I think he's being a little too honest with the fans.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...rship-until-2017/story-e6freon6-1227269863613

Heard an interesting quote in an interview over the weekend. When a coach talks to the media in a press conference, he's addressing the players. What he says to the media, is for the players.

I like your enthusiasm and I think the Cowboys will be a much better team for Morgan in the halves.

I know it's sad to say, but I just hope we don't suck as badly as we did versus the Rabbitohs.

A committed, professional and error free performance is the best to hope for. Build on that.

We've got weeks before we can even start looking at Milford and Hunt's attacking game. I just can't see them busting out and producing an electric and cohesive 80 minute effort until the basics are right. At the moment we haven't even looked like making a line break in 160 minutes of football.
Our attack has really struggled in the first two matches but what is being overlooked is that the roosters let in as many points as we did against Souths and they are supposed to be the second best team. I also think souths went to sleep for 25 minutes in the Roosters game.
Because we played Souths first up it is really hard to gauge where we are at. I think we will find out a lot more tonight. I believe if our attack gels we are a lot closer to the other teams than what some people think

Overall I'm just hoping for a much more entertaining game tonight, last weeks game was just about as dull as it gets. I was so dull I couldn't even be bothered swearing at the refs/errors/poor kicking etc.............. I expect better.

what is being overlooked is that the roosters let in as many points as we did against Souths

wow. . That's a really good point. You often just look at the margin, but attack and defense being such different things you've got such a point.

The cricket is heating up... I might have to watch the game tonight muted with the cricket on the radio, at least that gets rid of Hadley.

The cricket is heating up... I might have to watch the game tonight muted with the cricket on the radio, at least that gets rid of Hadley.
Even though I find Cricket just about the most boring sport in the world, it can't be worse than Hadley.

Even though I find Cricket just about the most boring sport in the world, it can't be worse than Hadley.

I'd rather listen to Hadley read the entire Twilight series aloud than watch the cricket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Battler
  • Bucking Beads
  • GCBRONCO
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Justwin
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Broncorob
  • Harry Sack
  • Fitzy
  • Xzei
  • Wild Horse
  • Skathen
  • pennywisealfie
  • ivanhungryjak
  • leon.bott
  • Browny
  • mrslong
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Fozz
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.