Round 3 - Broncos vs Cowboys

Status
Not open for further replies.
K-Style

K-Style

NRL Player
Jun 1, 2014
It was a good effort by Maranta, can't blame him for anything so far. But he still looks pretty slow, it's what's been hurting him as a winger.

Didnt look too slow just then. Morgan was always agead of him.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Consistently yes, but That is hardly a display of the boring "Bennett ball" pushed

my point was we have played similarly over the last 3 years ... does that mean "Griffin ball" is a myth as well

CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013
It was a good effort by Maranta, can't blame him for anything so far. But he still looks pretty slow, it's what's been hurting him as a winger.

I partly agree. I think he slowed down because the fullback clearly had the angle on him. I thought it was a smart play - he could've pinned the ears back and be put into touch or step inside, try to beat him one on one and get a quick play the ball.

He's shaping up to be a fine winger.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
We just scored 32 points in a half.

Can't we just focus on that and the players rather than get into another Bennett pissing match and deciding his success based on a 40min period?

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Blair 3 runs for 19m and 14 tackles in the first half... an improvement but still a LONG way to go.

however TBF, he he tried to get a few extra runs early, but the ball kept going away from him

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
We just scored 32 points in a half.

Can't we just focus on that and the players rather than get into another Bennett pissing match and deciding his success based on a 40min period?

Fucking Amen!!!!

C

cjmcevoy

NYC Player
Jun 27, 2014
**** knows I'm enjoying the game but still weary of the cows. Kicking game far superior. Thank god no Matty Bowen. What we do now shows if we're a different side from recent seasons. Go boys

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I partly agree. I think he slowed down because the fullback clearly had the angle on him. I thought it was a smart play - he could've pinned the ears back and be put into touch or step inside, try to beat him one on one and get a quick play the ball.

He's shaping up to be a fine winger.

I don't recall EVER seeing him pin the ears back.

besides he is just keeping the position warm until Boyd gets back and Kahu takes it from him

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
my point was we have played similarly over the last 3 years ... does that mean "Griffin ball" is a myth as well
Absolutely Let's see how we back 2nd half shall we?

Rally Towel

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
The proof will be the second half. In Griffin's tenure we'd go on to lose this game by 2.

I really hope this is where we'll see the difference in the coaches.

They don't need to be filled with false bravado and go into cruise mode. Job is nowhere near done. Stay mean, stay hungry. Challenge them to show that's their benchmark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• leon.bott
  • Behold
  • Fozz
  • Skyblues87
  • Jedhead
  • I bleed Maroon
  • bb_gun
  • Waynesaurus
  • Foordy
  • FACTHUNT
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.