Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Staggs - defensive woes and bloopers reel continues from last season.
Croft - defensive liability

I could only watch 10 minutes of the carnage before switching off. It's going to be a long season.

A whole 10 minutes, wow what dedication. This is what being a fan is all about.

Finding it funny there's a few comments from opposing teams fans after last night that Haas is over rated....

195 run meters, 3 off loads, zero errors or penalties and 49 tackles... at 20 years old.... and this was a QUIET GAME... hahahahaha it wasn't his best game, but an y other front rowers in the history of the NRL would take that game and put it in there top 5 performances for the year. Haas it will be I n his bottom 5 haha and he's 20, ffs some fans are clowns

Reading through this you'd think we were 0-3 to start the season haha ffs. We were off and had a few missing, stuck in the game despite having no right too against one of the top 3 teams.

News flash: we won't win EVERY GAME, in fact with a team this young we won't even turn up every game. We had a choice, stick with the old, tried and tested players and finish 3-10 for the next 5 to 10 years, or give these supremely talented but very young guys a go and ride the wave with on their way to a premiership. That for me, is a risk worth taking if we have a few swings and misses...

These PO are really going to kill us. I genuinely have no idea how they work in the clubs favour, they 100% benefit the player. They know they can turnout bludgers and still have a job for years into the future. It’s a joke, we need to put an end to them imo.

2 words..... Issac Moses

The same parasite who is currently making John Bateman look like an absolute **** and mercenary in the media.

Any coincidence we have so many over valued played on player options on decent money when half our squad and coach are managed by this fucking cancer?

It might sound crazy, but im not overly disappointed with this game. The boys have probably spent the whole corona time thinking that theyre premiership heavy weights all of a sudden. News flash. They arent.

Parra werent rusty, they were quite good. They got an advantage early on and never took their foot off the peddle - which is what the good teams do. We cant sit around and wait for them to make a mistake, we have to force it and capitalise. We forced mistakes early, but we never capitalised.

Until the Jennings try, we were still in it. We held them out, on our line, for 20 mins. Thats impressive.

Its bullshit rhetoric, but i think if Milf and Boyd scored their tries, it would have been a very different second half.

Anyone who thinks Parramatta were rusty is a joker!

This game was almost identical to Parramatta's last game against the Titans. The Titans conceded a try early, were in a tight battle for most of the first half and were defending the goal line for 10 minutes straight in the backend if the half.

The Titans kept in the game for the first 10 minutes or so in the second half before inevitably conceding from the pressure of defending numerous sets.

The only difference is our defence was much better and we were more resilient to the end.

Gotta say Reed Mahoney looks really good. I think he's already got the best pass off the ground of all the 9's and he can kick too.
Another good local hooker we missed. Played all his junior footy on the sunny coast

The preparation leading up to this match was too dysfunctional to draw lasting conclusions, other than we might've been a little hasty in pencilling them in as minor premiers after two matches. The Eels were clearly the better drilled team on the night, and deserved their win. How they got that way under the prevailing conditions might raise other questions.

If this were two months into a real comp I'd be writing them off. But, from what I saw last night, they'll need another month of proper training to get into shape.

With that in mind, I'm going to credit Brad Arthur with the win. Whatever he did in preparation was superior to Seibold. They looked fitter, better disciplined, and more comfortable as a playing unit. That said, they also made too many errors. Just fewer than us.

On the positive side, while I won't go so far as to rate our Croft and Turpin pairing in the upper echelon of the comp just yet, they look capable of laying a foundation for a brilliant Five Eighth and Fullback to shine. We don't really have the latter, but Milford has no excuses left. This has to be his year.

Despite the loss, I think we're already showing signs of being a better team than last year. We at least have a first grade standard halfback and dummy half pairing.

Last edited:
The ref had a shocker.
The 6 again rule is simply stupid and going to ruin the game - no one knows whats going on or what for.
They steam rolled us through the middle all night
We didnt have the muscle to compete.
Staggs needs a string attached to his inside and outside man so he learns how to slide up and across.
The team need to slide up instead of sliding backwards.
Hoppa is not a ball player, good work rate, but he cant be more than he is.
Oates, hes not worth it anymore.
You can never win a game with that much possession against you

The ref had a shocker.
The 6 again rule is simply stupid and going to ruin the game - no one knows whats going on or what for.
I like it, but it's going to hurt us badly until we get our fitness levels up. Hopefully other teams are in a similar position.

I got some bad responses from saying Oates is over rated and I still stand by that. He needs to be dropped to bench for Farnsworth he is a real competitor.
The ref had a shocker.
They steam rolled us through the middle all night
We didnt have the muscle to compete.
Staggs needs a string attached to his inside and outside man so he learns how to slide up and across.
The team need to slide up instead of sliding backwards.
Hoppa is not a ball player, good work rate, but he cant be more than he is.
Oates, hes not worth it anymore.
You can never win a game with that much possession against you

Prepared to write off this one if there's an improved effort next week. Made a mountain of errors and really handed the Eels the game on a platter.

Sound defensive effort for the first 70 given the weight of possession, especially since we didn't have the ball in the second half whatsoever.

Our outside back stocks are really poor though. Boyd is obviously a liability, but Arthars isn't a first grader, Oates is flat out terrible lately and Staggs can be a massive liability. We really need to recruit in this area ASAP.

Active Now

• MrRobot
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Porthoz
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.