Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Didn't you notice them in the first two rounds of the competition when everyone else was talking the Broncos up?

The two games we went perilously close to losing? The only thing that stood out to me, was that at least we started better in those games than we have for many years, last night was more akin to how we usually start the season though...

I thought the point about structure, was it was something you can fall back on when things are getting tough? If our structure is passive, back-pedalling, defence and one out hit-ups with a kick and no chase at the end of the set? Well, then at least we’ll get plenty of ‘experience’ at playing when things are tough...

Last edited:
I’d say it would be. We weren’t bad at all, but we were lucky. Plus we almost lost both games too.

Jason Simmons said:
The two games we went perilously close to losing? The only thing that stood out to me, was that at least we started better in those games than we have for many years, last night was more akin to how we usually start...

I thought the point about structure though, was it was something you can rely on, when things are getting tough? If our structure is passive, back-pedalling, defence and one out hit-ups with a kick and no chase at the end of the set? Well, then at least we’ll get plenty of ‘experience’ at playing when things are tough...

I'm not saying they're world beaters, I'm just saying fans took notice in the way they approached those games and the improvement in the team was noticeable, the improvement that comes with a proper pre-season.

The structures held firm against the Rabbitohs when they were scoring tries off of crooked calls and flukey ricochets with a depleted side, how is that not tough?

It's going to be a slow start. With these injuries, suspensions and the revised draw it's going to be a big ask. However, I'm not ready to gut the club over one performance especially under these circumstances.

Mate we had 5 attacking sets in the entirety of the second half. I don’t know what he could possibly have done. I thought his defence was very good for what it’s worth.

Well said sir........how could you have a serious crack at Milford, when he spent most of the game defending???....... which I agree was solid when it mattered.

It started with those fucken 6 again calls against us....one after another.......arbitrary at fucken best. We were pretty well fucked from then on.
Couple performances out there were worse than some but....at the end of the day, you can't win footy games if you keep dropping ball.

Mehhh........too early to put a line through anybody's name.

Last edited by a moderator:
Staggs can be a massive liability. We really need to recruit in this area ASAP.

That's the negative but the positives are so much more.
He has improved massively in the last 12 months, is still growing and is a weapon in attack.
His defence is pretty good too except for the pattern we'r play as a unit.
He is the least if our problems.

Well said sir........how could you have a serious crack at Milford, when he spent most of the game defending???....... which I agree was solid when it mattered.

It started with those fucken 6 again calls against us....one after another.......arbitrary at fucken best. We were pretty well fucked from then on.
Couple performances out there were worse than some but....at the end of the day, you can't win footy games if you keep dropping ball.

If you want to put a line through anybody it should be that dumb blonde bitch running the sideline. Blind Jesus could see that Oates was pushed into the ball that went over the dead ball line. One ref means the sideline officials have to lift their game. I don't think this slut is cut out for it.

This is my frustration. The 6 again is not rugby league plain and simply. The idea a single ref will speed up the ruck is stupidity, it only opens the game up for further errors and mistakes and bad calls. From that point in the first half we got rolled and there was no coming back - the tank was empty.

He has improved massively in the last 12 months, is still growing and is a weapon in attack.

I dont think Kotoni has ever been that great in defence. He pulls off some big hits but i do think he makes quite a few bad reads.

Staggs only has two issues with his defense, which can be taught.
1) He over runs and keeps the live ball on his inside shoulder instead of outside. He needs to stay on their inside and push them to the sideline. The sideline and a closing distance is the single biggest gun to diffuse an opponent.
2)He doesn't have communication or trust with his inside man. He is never beaten on the outside, always the inside.

Last edited:

If you want to put a line through anybody it should be that dumb blonde bitch running the sideline. Blind Jesus could see that Oates was pushed into the ball that went over the dead ball line. One ref means the sideline officials have to lift their game. I don't think this slut is cut out for it.

Been saying this for a few seasons now. She’s atrocious, as far as being a touchie. Haven't seen enough of her as a proper ref to judge that.

And it’s not an anti-female thing - she’s just fucking shit at her job and deserves to be called out on it.

I have to say, I’m loving the “he made a lot of tackles therefore it’s ok that he didn’t do much in attack” comments. Our previous hooker always made a lot of tackles but I have a feeling that excuse wouldn’t slide if it was used with him
His service was vastly superior to Macca's. Turpin is the last player I'd blame for that loss.

So what happened last night? Oh, COVID-19 is the excuse now?
Not an excuse, actually the valid reason we were undercooked. Were you really expecting everything to bounce back into shape immediately? Give it another month.

His service was vastly superior to Macca's. Turpin is the last player I'd blame for that loss.
Service is a fun word that can't be proven wrong or right. His service didn't help anything either, did it?

Turpin wasn't being blamed for the loss at all, I just found it humorous that people were jumping to his defense regarding his lack of anything other than tackles in the game and I wondered out loud if the same excuse would have been ok for the ex-tackle machine hooker.

Service is a fun word that can't be proven wrong or right. His service didn't help anything either, did it?

Turpin wasn't being blamed for the loss at all, I just found it humorous that people were jumping to his defense regarding his lack of anything other than tackles in the game and I wondered out loud if the same excuse would have been ok for the ex-tackle machine hooker.
His service was far from great. Macca copped all sorts of criticism for not passing off the ground, not putting the ball on the chest, not running from dummy half. All things that Turpin didn’t do Thursday night.

But he gets away with the old, “but he did a lot of defence which blunted his attack.” This never seemed to be a good enough defence for Macca. Some even had the hide to say that Macca’s defence was over-rated because he was often the third man in or flopped on tackles to, “improve his stats”. A lot of Turpin’s tackles Thursday night were of this exact nature. Those with an anti-Macca agenda will now use the exact things they criticised Macca for to promote Turpin.

His service was far from great. Macca copped all sorts of criticism for not passing off the ground, not putting the ball on the chest, not running from dummy half. All things that Turpin didn’t do Thursday night.

But he gets away with the old, “but he did a lot of defence which blunted his attack.” This never seemed to be a good enough defence for Macca. Some even had the hide to say that Macca’s defence was over-rated because he was often the third man in or flopped on tackles to, “improve his stats”. A lot of Turpin’s tackles Thursday night were of this exact nature. Those with an anti-Macca agenda will now use the exact things they criticised Macca for to promote Turpin.

Macca did it for a whole decade though.

Turpin has shown more skills in his ~20 game career than someone with well over 10x the games.

So he played tacklebot this week, we had under 40% possession. Every player will have to adjust to the new speed of the game. It will only become a valid criticism if it becomes the norm

So he played tacklebot this week, we had under 40% possession. Every player will have to adjust to the new speed of the game. It will only become a valid criticism if it becomes the norm

Yeah.......similar comment I made about Milford. How's he supposed to be rated for his attack when we had no ball and tackled ourselves to a stand still all night.

Turpin has shown more promise with the ball in one season than McC did over 10.

Move on guys, McC is gone (thank ****).......start living in the present and look to the positives in Turpin, instead of comparing him to the past in McC

It’s a conscious decision that he has to make, be a tackle-bot, or control the quantity and show your attack.
Or a decision Seibold has to make. Give the tackle bot 60 minutes and find someone who can provide a spark to replace him when he's done too much work to make a difference on the field. The new rules obviously won't help 80 minute hookers

Very true. Paix should have been there.
If the Super League have no plans to return any time soon, the NRL should allow two players to join each NRL club. We could get Matt Parcell and a second rower.

Has anyone heard anything about the Super League?

Active Now

• Griffo
  • Santa
  • Jazza
  • BroncosAlways
  • IceWorks
  • Ozired
  • mitch222
  • Lurker
  • Big Del
  • ozzball
  • Foordy
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Culhwch
  • FACTHUNT
  • Financeguy
  • Wolfie
  • kiwibronco
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bucking Beads
  • FaceOfMutiny
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.