Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Are you telling me “it’s just a game of footy” or are you implying that that’s their attitude?

That’s the attitude or it has been the attitude in previous years, I see the likes of Turpin, Staggs, Carrigan and Flegler taking this personally and it gives me hope but we do have a way to go still.

That’s the attitude or it has been the attitude in previous years, I see the likes of Turpin, Staggs, Carrigan and Flegler taking this personally and it gives me hope but we do have a way to go still.
Ahh yes agreed, especially carrigan and flegs.

I think that’s a little unfair on Glenn
I dunno mate, Milford's 29 metres for 80 minutes and Turpin's 25 metres for 80 minutes make it look absolutely terrible.

I dunno mate, Milford's 29 metres for 80 minutes and Turpin's 25 metres for 80 minutes make it look absolutely terrible.

Don't forget big Joseph "Queensland Origin star" Ofahengaue, 8 runs for 57 metres.

Truly barnstorming 7 metre runs every hit-up.

Certainly wouldn't call 2 runs for 25 metres in 40 minutes of football impactful, but hey, maybe you do.

On a stats page probably not, but in the context of the game it wasn’t that bad, averaging 12.5 meters per carry is pretty good. Also, I distinctly remember one of his runs really getting us on the front foot out of our own end.

Last edited:
It was a horror show, but that's the reality of a young football side.

When they're playing with their noses infront and everything is going their way they can look like world beaters.

However, when a few bounces go against them and the opposition have all the ball it gets ugly.

I'm OK with them making mistakes like this in Round 3 against quality opposition where the core nucelus has had four seasons together. If they're still making these mistakes in Round 20 without a solution in sight, that's when it's time to get angry.

Actually thought at 16-6 after 61 with all that possession and field territory the Broncos were doing well and they looked likely off their 20m restart. It was just the story of their night, Staggs fumbles in space, gives away a head high in frustration and they score right off the back of it. It was game over at that point and the boys just wanted to come off the field.

How many seasons are they ‘young’ for? Only a couple of current regulars are under 30 games in the NRL and that is because we are down on troops. Before this season is out, most of our regulars will have more than 50 games under their belt...

By the end of this season, 5 regulars will have more than 100 games, 12 regulars will have much more than 50...

Many are still ‘young‘ but they are closing in on the point where they are experienced NRL players and their hot and cold form is starting to become such a worry that ‘age’ is starting to fail as a reasonable excuse, IMHO...

Lodge - 60.
TPJ - 74.
Offa - 90.
Glenn - 262
Fifita - 37
Flegler - 26.
Turpin - 20.
Bullemor - 3.
Hopoate - 3.

Croft - 42
Milford - 172

Boyd - 320
Staggs - 30
Bird - 84
Oates - 146
Arthurs - 15
Isaako - 49.

Are you telling me “it’s just a game of footy” or are you implying that that’s their attitude?

It is their attitude. It has been for a long time. Personally I think it comes from Boyd and he infects the rest of the squad with it.

Honest question, are him and Oates good mates?

On a stats page probably not, but in the context of the game it wasn’t that bad

That wasn't really the point brother, I was simply saying that our 5 most experienced players were 5 of our least impactful players tonight, so using the "young team" excuse isn't overly valid.

The problem is that our worst players every week are the experienced ones, not the rookies. Aside from Hopoate, who shouldn't be playing first grade, our least impactful players tonight were Oates, Ofahengaue, Boyd, Glenn & Milford.

They're our 5 most capped players...

I agree with Ofahengaue, but I thought that left hand side held up really well in the first half and were desperately unlucky not to have scored more points. Even with the Boyd try, the bounce was far from generous as it actually bounces away from him and Ferguson did well to smother it.

They should be better, but the Broncos lost it through the middle and down their right side.

Still, they're not immune of criticism and most of those players listed are on borrowed time.

That wasn't really the point brother, I was simply saying that our 5 most experienced players were 5 of our least impactful players tonight, so using the "young team" excuse isn't overly valid.

Oh definitely and I do agree with you on that point I just feel it’s tough on Glenn to lump them in with the others you mentioned after tonight

I agree with Ofahengaue, but I thought that left hand side held up really well in the first half and were desperately unlucky not to have scored more points. Even with the Boyd try, the bounce was far from generous as it actually bounces away from him and Ferguson did well to smother it.

They should be better, but the Broncos lost it through the middle and down their right side.

Still, they're not immune of criticism and most of those players listed are on borrowed time.

Boyd defended well for the most part, I'll give him that. He still offers genuinely nothing on the attacking side of things. He's like Jack Reed without the talent in his new role.

The Arthars, Staggs, Croft & Hopoate defensive combination was putrid tonight, and most of the blame goes to Hopoate & Staggs for mine.

Certainly wouldn't call 2 runs for 25 metres in 40 minutes of football impactful, but hey, maybe you do.

To be fair, it’s hard to be impactful on a game, when you’re in an ambulance being carted off to the RBH, code 2...

Glenn has surgery first thing tomorrow morning...

To be fair, it’s hard to be impactful on a game, when you’re in an ambulance being carted off to the RBH, code 2...

Glenn has surgery first thing tomorrow morning...

We're simply talking about his first half Jason. Funnily enough I don't actually expect him to perform well whilst he's not on the field.

It is their attitude. It has been for a long time. Personally I think it comes from Boyd and he infects the rest of the squad with it.

Honest question, are him and Oates good mates?
No idea, doubt it! To be honest I think they are all far to comfortable to begin with, just the boyz playing some footy. It was pointed out just a minute ago that they are no longer inexperienced players and their shit personal drive is now in question and rightly so.

Boyd defended well for the most part, I'll give him that. He still offers genuinely nothing on the attacking side of things. He's like Jack Reed without the talent in his new role.

The Arthars, Staggs, Croft & Hopoate defensive combination was putrid tonight, and most of the blame goes to Hopoate & Staggs for mine.
Agree with the defence down that side being shocking and deserves the criticism. Boyd and Milford generally handled their side better defensively, Oates is still a concern though.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Harry Sack
  • FACTHUNT
  • ettybay
  • Shane Tronc
  • kiwibronco
  • sooticus
  • HarryAllan7
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • RolledOates
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.