Round 3 Discussion

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Whilst he's in mid air catching a bomb. Clutching at straws a bit there.

If his foot wasn't out, Klemmer 100% tackles him in mid air. Bull **** penalty.

100%. The original penalty was correct, Klemmer was penalised for tackling him mid air, which is exactly what he was doing.

Slater didn't for a microsecond even look at Klemmer, his leg pushing out was completely instinctive to get balance on his jump. I'd rather see 1000 penalties a game for shoulder charges than a penalty for THAT.

Still, hope the judiciary suspend Slater for a week :-)

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Slater has a habit ofusing his feet and knees illegally. It's not a one off.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I hope this gets him to change his ridiculous jumping style. It's so awkward that he has dropped most of his bombs because of it.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
No charges from last nights game according to the Sports day live blog on Brisbane times.

Boooo-urt!

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
At least I don't get to hear QLD conspiricy therioes for now.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
Slater has a habit ofusing his feet and knees illegally. It's not a one off.
couldnt be further from the truth. he has a habit of using his feet and knees legally to save tries, and the NRL then didnt like it so they made it illegal. he then stopped doing it.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
At least I don't get to hear QLD conspiricy therioes for now.
Origin is too far away...

Even though they get away with pretty much anything they want, the judiciary would have trouble justifying a punishment lengthy enough to rub Billy out of Origin.
Besides, this serves to prove how they are really "impartial" and "consistent" with their sanctions to Qld'ers and NSW'kers...

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Didn't Billy get carry over points for a charge in round 1? You watch them pull him up for something minor on the eve of Origin 1.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I'm waiting for a referee to run flat out into a player, knock himself out and get the player suspended for 12 months.

Still couldn't believe that JT nonsense the other year.

Anyways, Beads knows the score. Players like Slater bend the rules as much as they can before the referees notice the risks and finally call him up on it. If the incident with Klemmer was just a one off I'd be rolling my eyes at him even being placed on report but the fact is it wasn't even the first occurrence in the game. He's been doing it for years and it's clearly apart of his technique to give him space from the defenders.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Yep no point defending Slater, he's probably the only person I like in the Melbourne team but he pushes the boundaries of every rule to gain an advantage, so in cases like this he should be punished.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I'm with AP on this one. The guy head butted Slater's boot because he was trying to tackle him in the air. Original penalty should've stood, no report, get on with the game. Unbelievable there was even a suggestion he might be charged.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
228932_135458583301796_1088911745_n.jpg

Active Now

• Astro
  • Justwin
  • Broncosarethebest
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Financeguy
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • LittleDavey
  • Fozz
  • Shane Tronc
  • Bucking Beads
  • Wolfie
  • Galah
  • davidp
  • Hurrijo
  • BroncosAlways
  • theshed
  • Mr Fourex
  • Waynesaurus
  • Morkel
  • Manifesto
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.