Round 3 Discussion

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Oh, Tony Williams played tonight!

Didn't see him out there. Workshy bugger.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
just saw Slaters kick, it looks bad to me.

IMO it is very similar to when Jason Stevens used to get suspended for running into the defense with his knees raised.

by having is leg extended like that it ensures that any player that goes to contest the high ball with Slater gets collected with the boot. i don't see any other FBs take a high ball like that. it has the same effect of him sliding into say a try feet first (which was outlawed)

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Hopefully Slater is banned for 28 weeks.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
just saw Slaters kick, it looks bad to me.

IMO it is very similar to when Jason Stevens used to get suspended for running into the defense with his knees raised.

by having is leg extended like that it ensures that any player that goes to contest the high ball with Slater gets collected with the boot. i don't see any other FBs take a high ball like that. it has the same effect of him sliding into say a try feet first (which was outlawed)

This kind of stuff is what really s***s me about slater. Don't get me wrong he is an amazing player and I'm not denying that, I just hate how he has to stuff like this. You don't see other fullbacks jumping like this, you don't see other fullbacks leading with their feet so seeing he is so great why does he need to do this garbage

Son Edo

Son Edo

NRL Player
Sep 14, 2011
:laugh: Melbourne terrible, play like that next week boys.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Bahaha barbecuing alone, never heard it said like that before

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Barba can do the fullback job.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
That Yvonne bird is a broncs fan apparently, good sort too

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Cam Smith is a moron claiming the Storm should have gotten the penalty because Klemmer made contact with Slater mid air .... HE GOT KICKED IN THE HEAD FFS.

Storm captain Cameron Smith thought the Storm deserved the penalty, because Slater had been tackled in mid-air.
"But you're not allowed to make contact with Billy when he's in the air," the angry skipper said.
He added later that the decision to penalise Slater and put him on report was "mystifying''.
"The instruction I was given was Bill touched him first. But you are not allowed to touch players in the air,'' he said.
"Bill has been going up for high balls like that for as long as I can remember. It was unintentional by Bill.
"Klemmer put himself in that position, and he hit Bill in the air.''

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...terbury-bulldogs/story-e6frepaf-1226602706828

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
And he has a point The height that Slater gets and the way he jumped forward to attack the ball in the air, you have to maintain balance somehow or end up breaking you neck,
Gotta admit it looked ugly especially in slow mo but to say it was deliberate is a stretch.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Behind enemy lines
  • Jedhead
  • winslow_wong
  • Wild Horse
  • Harry Sack
  • Allo
  • Bish
  • Johnny92
  • Bucking Beads
  • Galah
  • Manofoneway
  • Wolfie
  • mitch222
  • Kev_Guz
  • Midean
  • Culhwch
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.