Round 3 Discussion

That was a shit pass from Best but Edrick should have reeled that in.

That was the most eventful first five of golden point I’ve ever seen, it was hilarious.

"Tell you what he doesn't miss, does he?"

#ShitBraithSays

Or was it Ennis?

Hahaha... a good old draw.

Mind you, it does mean both the Panthers and the Knights are still undefeated.

Great result. Penrith did not deserve two points and Newcastle didn’t deserve to lose both points. That was fun!

Ok, even at 2.
We are now 50mins into this game and we have not seen a single six again infringement.
I just struggle to see how we got 2 in the lead up to their first try but for 50mins of this game there has not even been 1.
maybe this ref has forgotten the new rule.

Newcastle received a six to go in the first half after the Panthers bizarre captain's challenge.

It depends on when a side gives them away as well. Brisbane conceded theirs at the worst time, tackle 3 after they had lost the ruck with Parra on the front foot. It made the likelihood of a second penalty more likely, especially after the D. Brown break.

Hats off to Newcastle, at 14-0 a lot of other teams would have thrown it away but they just kept turning up for each other. It's one of those performances you can use to build a premiership around and if anything they were unlucky not to win the game.

I've come to the conclusion that Tom Trbojevic might be good at Rugby League.

I've come to the conclusion that Tom Trbojevic might be good at Rugby League.
He's the best fullback in my mind... and it's not even close for me

As good a runner as Teddy and absolutely blows him away with ball playing

Last edited:
The new strip rule is great. It’s one of those common sense rule changes that very rarely happen.

If the second defender gets shrugged off or drops off, even if it’s planned, they are no longer part of the tackle. Defending teams should not be penalised if the second defender is no longer part of the tackle.
It's not a 1 on 1 contest though. That's my point. It's only 1 on 1 for the actual strip not the contest to get hold of the ball. It fixed the howler for sure but has been bastardised by coaches.

It's not a 1 on 1 contest though. That's my point. It's only 1 on 1 for the actual strip not the contest to get hold of the ball. It fixed the howler for sure but has been bastardised by coaches.

What annoys me is that in a lot of cases, the defence has failed to get the guy onto the ground, so instead they artificially extend the tackle by falling off and it just delays the play whether they come up with the ball or not.

It's just another variation of my biggest bug bears in the game. How often do you see it where the referee calls held, and the defence doesn't stop until they get the attacker to the ground?

He's the best fullback in my mind... and it's not even close for me

As good a runner as Teddy and absolutely blows him away with ball playing

Fortunately for Teddy, Turbo is so talented he can play 1-6 and both Australia and NSW are better for having both in their backline.

What annoys me is that in a lot of cases, the defence has failed to get the guy onto the ground, so instead they artificially extend the tackle by falling off and it just delays the play whether they come up with the ball or not.

It's just another variation of my biggest bug bears in the game. How often do you see it where the referee calls held, and the defence doesn't stop until they get the attacker to the ground?
Defenders are allowed 1 more movement after the held call I believe. My problem with the held call is they call it as soon as the ball carrier starts losing ground.

Defenders are allowed 1 more movement after the held call I believe. My problem with the held call is they call it as soon as the ball carrier starts losing ground.

The issue is that they only get these players to the ground because they've eased up looking to play the ball. I can understand it in situations where they're in the process of driving a player back and don't release right away but there's so many instances where the tackle is clearly complete and yet they'll go for one maneuver well after it's made.

So cardboard spectators.......and fake crowd ambiance (audio).

Is this to benefit TV viewers or the players?

I'm really hating the strip rule.
I don't see a lot of difference between having 2 in a tackle or 1 when a player gets hold of the ball first then calls for the others to drop off.
The rule came in to stop the howler when someone had a pinky on the attacker or when a shrugged off defender was considered still a part of the tackle.
Just another example of coaches taking the piss.

Yep....I think the new strip rule is fucked as well. Another example of the NRL getting it wrong. A lot of 1 on 1 strips I saw on the weekend still had two in the tackle at the moment the wrestle for the ball started.

Anytime a rule needs to be interpreted by an official....they'll **** it up more times than not.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • cento
  • Harry Sack
  • Organix
  • Mr Fourex
  • Brocko
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Aldo
  • Foordy
  • Galah
  • Financeguy
  • Nerd
  • Battler
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Browny
  • Tim K
  • Allo
  • Wolfie
  • Rambstien
  • winslow_wong
... and 28 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.